(Il)Literacy Problem in the West

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: (Il)Literacy Problem in the West

Post by Wizard22 »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:14 pmThis is the idiot's paradox.
A person has to have, at least, the minimum intelligence to know that he is stupid! :D
Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:43 pmThank you for proving my point. Idiot! :|
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:20 pmYou apparently rant more or less at random, yet somehow tend to start threads which are almost clinically designed to make us laugh at you, it's hard to guage what degree of chance can explain such an effect for it's hard to suppose it is the outcome you desire. For example you did an IQ thread recently and were quite clearly the least intelligent person to write a post within it.

Now you are talking about illiteracy and philosophy, but you haven't read any philosophy books, and if you tried to change that, you wouldn't be smart enough to understand them. You sabotage yourself with this nonsense.
Oh, look, it's Dopey, Clowny, and Ritalin! Three perfect examples which validate and prove the OP, well done! :lol:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:02 pmyou have FAILED ALREADY.

I have NO 'belief' here.
Failing would require a misreading of your intent. I did not misread, because I didn't know your intent at first, but now I do. You do not believe your own statement. So you Lied. You are deceptive. Since you do not believe the Universe is infinite, without beginning, then your intent is merely to provoke argument for the sake of argument, to "prove me wrong".

Incidentally, you proved me right.

Lay out some statements which you *DO* believe, if you dare.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:19 pm
I much prefer the Conservative cultural dominion of the 1990s USA to the Liberal cultural dominion of 2012-onward.

Liberals are more censorious and anti-intellectual than I ever imagined Conservatives could be.
We knew that already. It was clear if implicit, here at least. Explicit in other posts/threads. But instead of responding to what I wrote on conservative pedagogy, you just repeat your position and dislike of Liberals.

To me this is an example of someone who might as well not be listening. Perhaps you read what I wrote. Perhaps not. I don't know. But you opted to 'respond' in a ways that shows it didn't matter what I wrote in a faux response.
Philosophy involves a lot of mutual respect.

At some point, people need to be 'serious' about what they believe to be true or not. This is required for open discussion and debate. Otherwise it's a one-sided "conversation", a Monologue... or sometimes a Lecture.

With class clowns like Hairball, they are rarely serious, but they too take heed when arguments are too convincing to ignore.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:02 pmyou have FAILED ALREADY.

I have NO 'belief' here.
Failing would require a misreading of your intent.
OR, a COMPLETE MISINTERPRETATION. Which you OBVIOUSLY PROVIDED.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am I did not misread,
I KNOW. you MISINTERPRETED, INSTEAD, and COMPLETELY by the way.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am because I didn't know your intent at first, but now I do.
REALLY?

If yes, then what was/is MY INTENT?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am You do not believe your own statement.
LOL YOUR ASSUMPTIONS have LED you ASTRAY, and thus FAILED you COMPLETELY, ONCE AGAIN.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am So you Lied.
ANOTHER Wrong ASSUMPTION, AGAIN.

It appears your ABILITY to INTERPRET what "others" SAY and WRITE is NOT as good as you had IMAGINED and ENVISIONED, at first.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am You are deceptive.
This is a fairly STRONG CLAIM

Now, I am, SUPPOSEDLY, 'deceptive' in relation to 'what', EXACTLY?

And, HOW am I, SUPPOSEDLY, 'deceptive' here?

If you do NOT back up and support YOUR SAY and CLAIM here, then what you SAY and CLAIM here is REALLY SO INSIGNIFICANT it was REALLY a waste of time WRITING, and READING, 'those words'.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am Since you do not believe the Universe is infinite,
LOL

WHAT made you ARRIVE and 'this CONCLUSION'?

And, what made you BELIEVE such a 'thing' as 'this'?

It appears you REALLY DO NEED some MORE LESSONS in HOW to READ, and INTERPRET, "other's" words Correctly.

you could NOT be FURTHER from the ACTUAL Truth here. So, what happened to YOUR 'literacy skills' here?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am without beginning, then your intent is merely to provoke argument for the sake of argument, to "prove me wrong".
LOL
LOL
LOL

you are just getting FURTHER and FURTHER AWAY.

I suggest you STOP here, now, and START AGAIN. This time WITHOUT those preexisting BELIEFS, and WITHOUT ANY ASSUMPTIONS. AT least this way you WILL NOT GO OFF track SO QUICKLY.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am Incidentally, you proved me right.
REALLY?

If yes, then WHERE and HOW, EXACTLY?

If you do NOT EXPLAIN, then absolutely NO one KNOWS what you are IMAGINING here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am Lay out some statements which you *DO* believe, if you dare.
LOL One would, OBVIOUSLY, HAVE TO HAVE SOME, BEFORE one could lay out ANY.

you REALLY DO NEED a LESSON in 'literacy', AND 'understanding'.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:50 amLOL One would, OBVIOUSLY, HAVE TO HAVE SOME, BEFORE one could lay out ANY.

I'm not the one demanding others repeat back my words verbatim to demonstrate apprehension, and then providing false beliefs in order to egg on frivolous and pedantic arguments for the sake of arguing, Age.

I'm quite honest about what I believe and why. It's too bad you're not.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:33 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:19 pm
I much prefer the Conservative cultural dominion of the 1990s USA to the Liberal cultural dominion of 2012-onward.

Liberals are more censorious and anti-intellectual than I ever imagined Conservatives could be.
We knew that already. It was clear if implicit, here at least. Explicit in other posts/threads. But instead of responding to what I wrote on conservative pedagogy, you just repeat your position and dislike of Liberals.

To me this is an example of someone who might as well not be listening. Perhaps you read what I wrote. Perhaps not. I don't know. But you opted to 'respond' in a ways that shows it didn't matter what I wrote in a faux response.
Philosophy involves a lot of mutual respect.
YET here 'you' ARE "wizard22" in a 'philosophy forum' calling "others" Dopey, Clowny, and Ritalin!
At some point, people need to be 'serious' about what they believe to be true or not.

This is required for open discussion and debate. Otherwise it's a one-sided "conversation", a Monologue... or sometimes a Lecture.
So, what do 'you' SERIOUSLY BELIEVE is true "wizard22"?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:33 am With class clowns like Hairball, they are rarely serious, but they too take heed when arguments are too convincing to ignore.
Does calling "others" names like "hairball" involve a lot of mutual respect?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:53 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:50 amLOL One would, OBVIOUSLY, HAVE TO HAVE SOME, BEFORE one could lay out ANY.

I'm not the one demanding others repeat back my words verbatim to demonstrate apprehension, and then providing false beliefs in order to egg on frivolous and pedantic arguments for the sake of arguing, Age.
AND NEITHER is ANY one ELSE.

you REALLY do NEED to LEARN how to BETTER READ and UNDERSTAND what IS being WRITTEN, SAID, and MEANT here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:53 am I'm quite honest about what I believe and why.
So, what do you BELIEVE? And, WHY do you BELIEVE 'it'?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:53 am It's too bad you're not.
LOL

I have been VERY CLEAR, OPEN, and Honest ABOUT what I BELIEVE. As can be CLEARLY SEEN, and thus PROVED IRREFUTABLY True, throughout MY WORDS in this forum.

AND, because you CLEARLY DO NOT YET HAVE CLEAR 'literacy skills' you will CONTINUE on with your OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS here.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:58 amYET here 'you' ARE "wizard22" in a 'philosophy forum' calling "others" Dopey, Clowny, and Ritalin!
And...?

I'll stop calling them names when they stop deserving it?

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:58 amSo, what do 'you' SERIOUSLY BELIEVE is true "wizard22"?
...that the Universe is infinite, without Beginning or End?

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:58 amDoes calling "others" names like "hairball" involve a lot of mutual respect?
Yes, he knows if he messes with the Bull, he gets the Horns.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

At some point, people need to be 'serious' about what they believe to be true or not. This is required for open discussion and debate.
I seriously believe you are an idiot, which is something I am willing to openly discuss, but you seem the one reluctant to debate it.
With class clowns like Hairball, they are rarely serious, but they too take heed when arguments are too convincing to ignore.
That's true. Your stupidity is too convincing to ignore.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:02 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:58 amYET here 'you' ARE "wizard22" in a 'philosophy forum' calling "others" Dopey, Clowny, and Ritalin!
And...?

I'll stop calling them names when they stop deserving it?
The LACK OF 'maturity' here speaks for itself. Let alone the LACK OF 'respect'.
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:58 amSo, what do 'you' SERIOUSLY BELIEVE is true "wizard22"?
...that the Universe is infinite, without Beginning or End?
Okay great.

Now, do you have ANY ACTUAL PROOF for this BELIEF of yours here?

If yes, then what is 'it', EXACTLY?
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:58 amDoes calling "others" names like "hairball" involve a lot of mutual respect?
Yes, he knows if he messes with the Bull, he gets the Horns.
I am NOT SURE how this RELATES to 'philosophy' itself. I also neither care.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:10 am

At some point, people need to be 'serious' about what they believe to be true or not. This is required for open discussion and debate.
I seriously believe you are an idiot, which is something I am willing to openly discuss, but you seem the one reluctant to debate it.
That's true. Your stupidity is too convincing to ignore.
You're the class clown and nothing else, Hairball.

Remember that one time you tried to make a "serious" philosophy thread, got mad at me trolling it, then went right over to my thread and trolled?

You should, it was only a week or two ago. Although, it's pretty obvious you have a poor memory, in addition to your illiteracy.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:23 amOkay great.

And now the thread comes full-circle, doesn't it?

You are unable to guess my intent, while yours is obvious. This is why I guessed long ago that you have some form of Asperger's or Autism. You have a poor ability to judge the intentions of others, stemming from immense social anxiety. I'm not holding this against you. You obviously have some intellectual capacity. But your lack of socialization is a big problem.

In short, you are unable to trust others, because you cannot yet trust your own judgments about others. You need to ascertain people's intentions. I don't know if this is possible for you, because after about Age 7 (also your Username), Sociopathic tendencies can interrupt the process of intuition regarding others' intentions.

All of this shows up in, and is demonstrated by, Illiteracy.

It's also why average people have great difficulty reading and interpreting historic Philosophers.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:23 amOkay great.

And now the thread comes full-circle, doesn't it?

You are unable to guess my intent, while yours is obvious.
What are you on about now?

I do NOT care one iota about YOUR 'intent'. I am just going by YOUR WORDS that,
'At some point, people need to be 'serious' about what they believe to be true or not. This is required for open discussion and debate.'

Now, that you HAVE expressed ONE BELIEF of yours here, we can now have an OPEN DISCUSSION.

I do NOT do 'debate' by the way.

Oh, and what do you ASSUME or BELIEVE is my so-called 'intent' here?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am This is why I guessed long ago that you have some form of Asperger's or Autism.
Well considering the Fact that I was the FIRST one to make 'this' KNOWN and CLEAR here, hopefully you GUESSED 'this'.

Now, do would you like to DISCUSS YOUR BELIEF here, or are you NOT READY and AT 'this point' YET?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am You have a poor ability to judge the intentions of others,
'We' are IN a 'philosophy forum'. So, if I was to JUDGE the INTENTIONS of EVERY one here, then I would SAY it IS to 'philosophize'.

What do you ASSUME or BELIEVE is the INTENTION of "others" here, in this forum?

And, by the way, what you CONSIDER me to have a POOR ABILITY IN, EXACTLY, WILL BECOME VERY CLEAR, later on.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am stemming from immense social anxiety.
LOL And what, EXACTLY, LED you to BELIEVE that I have ANY 'social anxiety', let alone 'IMMENSE social anxiety'.

Your TOTAL and ABSOLUTE Honesty and OPENNESS here now, like ALWAYS, will be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Now, WE WAIT to SEE how you REPLY and with 'what', EXACTLY.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am I'm not holding this against you.
I would NOT care one iota even if you were 'TRYING TO'.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am You obviously have some intellectual capacity. But your lack of socialization is a big problem.
For WHO, EXACTLY?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am In short, you are unable to trust others, because you cannot yet trust your own judgments about others.
These are pretty HUGE CLAIMS and ASSUMPTIONS.

Now, what makes you BELIEVE that I can NOT trust "others"? And, what makes you BELIEVE that I can NOT YET trust my OWN judgments about "others"?

We, AGAIN, AWAIT to SEE what you COME UP WITH here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am You need to ascertain people's intentions.
IN 'what', EXACTLY?

EVERY word, one speaks or writes?

EVERY sentence, one says or writes?

EVERY discussion, one participates?

EVERY thread, one starts, or participates in?

EVERY forum one is in?

Or, ANY of the OTHER countless situations were one could WASTE their TIME 'ascertaining what "ANOTHER'S" intention IS, EXACTLY?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am I don't know if this is possible for you, because after about Age 7 (also your Username), Sociopathic tendencies can interrupt the process of intuition regarding others' intentions.
It is like you have VERY DEEP SEEDED FEAR or DISTRUST of "others", as you seem to ALWAYS be CONCERNED and/or WORRIED ABOUT 'their intentions'.

Also, how about INSTEAD of just ASCERTAINING "another's" INTENTIONS, and so which MEANS you could be Wong on EACH and EVERY occasion, you just SEEK CLARIFICATION and CLARITY FIRST?

Or do you have some sort of DISTRUST that "others" might or WILL LIE, TO you?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am All of this shows up in, and is demonstrated by, Illiteracy.
Of which you here have SHOWN and PROVED to be a COMPLETE and UTTER FAILURE IN.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:37 am It's also why average people have great difficulty reading and interpreting historic Philosophers.
LOL And would I be WRONG that you PRESUME that you are NOT a so-called 'average person'?

AGAIN, you COMPLETE and ABSOLUTE Honesty here regarding EVERY QUESTION I just POSED and ASKED you here WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

But WE WILL WAIT to SEE just HOW MANY you ACTUALLY ANSWER and CLARIFY.

By the way my username is NOT "age 7". But absolutely ANY one with just about ANY 'literacy skills' would ALREADY KNOW 'this'.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:58 amI do NOT care one iota about YOUR 'intent'.
Yes, and this is why you, and the class clowns, are illiterate.

You cannot tell the difference between Statement and Belief.

It also reflects a fundamentally Dishonest nature, which pollutes any attempt at Philosophy.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:58 amIt is like you have VERY DEEP SEEDED FEAR or DISTRUST of "others", as you seem to ALWAYS be CONCERNED and/or WORRIED ABOUT 'their intentions'.
Most people are very open and honest about their intentions...if you are willing to actually listen or read what they have to say.

Maybe someday, when you become an adult, in your 30s perhaps, you'll become willing. Or, maybe not.