What's the Difference if any between Man and Woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: What's the Difference if any between Man and Woman?

Post by Wizard22 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:35 pmWhat a weird comment :?
Whenever a woman with a capable IQ interacts with philosophy, I don't think I've ever seen the result NOT be Feminist ideology or revolve around "Women's Rights" which you obsess about.

Why is this?

Because females seem unable to disassociate their intellect from their gender, unlike males. Maybe there's a unique type of Disassociative element within males which allows us this "Objectivity" that you simply don't possess by your biology. Just a guess. But it does say something deep about female Egotism, compared to male Egotism.

I associate this with Male's hunter skills across the millenniums. You women were left within the tribal boundaries, while men went outside to hunt. This developed a male-psyche to abstract his mind into his prey-victim animals. Females did not evolve this system mentally. So females lack a categorical type of 'empathetic' mind-reading. This means that females are intrinsically more 'emotionally-attached' to prey-victim animals. This appears by how females must intuitively care for babies and infants too.

To sum this up for the double-digit IQs... there are cognitive difference between men and women that simply cannot be bridged or understood (by women), but can be understood by men.

Sorry, cupcake, you're lacking...
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Maia wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:37 pmWhy would that be relevant to you?
Because she slandered me.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

It's also why females use "male objectification" as an intended insult or slander...when it produces the opposite effect.

Why would it be wrong to "objectify" a subject? Because it negates the Ego of the subject. And to women, that is a personal offense.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:41 pm
Maia wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:37 pmWhy would that be relevant to you?
Because she slandered me.
You mentioned something about male intellectuals, which seems irrelevant to the discussion.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Maia wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:45 pmYou mentioned something about male intellectuals, which seems irrelevant to the discussion.
It's very relevant. What's the title of this thread?

Anyway, time's up, see you in a few days perhaps, buh bye.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:35 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:30 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:24 pmIn your male faux lesbian fantasies...
You've always been jealous of male intellectuals your whole life, haven't you?
What a weird comment :?
He does that a lot; just comes out with something from the depths of his imagination that has nothing to do with anything that came before it. It isn't something one expects to come across away from the infant school playground. :|
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:47 pm
Translation: I'm going now, before I make an even bigger idiot of myself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:09 pm
He'll be back soon enough when he needs his misery fix, he cannot get enough of reading about the misery-self, otherwise he wouldn't be wasting his time here at this forum. Notice how he likes to elevate himself above the misery-self as if he's immune from it. In truth, he's just a misery junkie addict that he likes to blame other people of being, he's just another dedicated follower of misery. Where there's misery, you'll defo find the wizz kid right their in the thick of it, sniffing it all up, picking his way through it meticulously trying to act as if he's the misery physician, the Mr I will fix it for you and make you whole and well-balanced again. Oh yes, the misery-self is something that has certainly attracted the wizz kid, like bees to a honeypot. He's all over the place, it's as if misery certainly loves it's own company. Of course he could be doing something a little less boring instead like getting a proper life, out in the sun, sunbathing on the beach, maybe surfing the waves, or any other creative craft for that matter, but no, he's here to police the people who think misery thoughts, he's the misery thought police.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:03 pm
He'll be back soon enough when he needs his misery fix
Can't wait. :|

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:40 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:35 pmWhat a weird comment :?
Whenever a woman with a capable IQ interacts with philosophy, I don't think I've ever seen the result NOT be Feminist ideology or revolve around "Women's Rights" which you obsess about.

Why is this?

Because females seem unable to disassociate their intellect from their gender, unlike males. Maybe there's a unique type of Disassociative element within males which allows us this "Objectivity" that you simply don't possess by your biology. Just a guess. But it does say something deep about female Egotism, compared to male Egotism.

I associate this with Male's hunter skills across the millenniums. You women were left within the tribal boundaries, while men went outside to hunt. This developed a male-psyche to abstract his mind into his prey-victim animals. Females did not evolve this system mentally. So females lack a categorical type of 'empathetic' mind-reading. This means that females are intrinsically more 'emotionally-attached' to prey-victim animals. This appears by how females must intuitively care for babies and infants too.

To sum this up for the double-digit IQs... there are cognitive difference between men and women that simply cannot be bridged or understood (by women), but can be understood by men.
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

This FITS IN PERFECTLY WITH YOUR OTHER ABSOLUTELY DISTORTED and TWISTED BELIEF that some groups (societies) can be 'educated' whereas others can NOT, to the same degree.

It is like 'you' ACTUALLY REALLY DO BELIEVE here "wizard22" that;

The 'times' that 'you' live IN IS the SMARTEST and MOST INTELLIGENT one.

The 'place', 'group or society', that 'you' live IN IS the SMARTEST and MOST INTELLIGENT one.

The 'age' 'group' that 'you' are IN IS the SMARTEST and MOST INTELLIGENT one.

Even the 'gender' of which 'you' associate WITH, and put "yourself" IN, IS the SMARTEST and MOST INTELLIGENT one.

And, to top all of this off, 'you' BELIEVE that 'you' are one OF, if NOT, the MOST SMARTEST and MOST INTELLIGENT one, in that ever DECREASING smaller and smaller 'group' of human beings.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:40 pmSorry, cupcake, you're lacking...
BUT 'you' BELIEVE 'you' are SURELY NOT, right "wizard22"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:03 pm

He'll be back soon enough when he needs his misery fix
Can't wait. :|
Oooh I know, I too can't wait for the next thrilling exciting installment of wizz kids info bombing event. Coming soon to a forum near you.

Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

Age wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:21 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:13 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 amThose men don't look very 'feminine' to me. Quite the opposite in fact. The irony is that men seem to gain more aggression and testosterone along with the women's clothes. Why do you think so many horror films have male serial killers in women's attire? Men in women's clothes are just fucking scary.
I agree, but you're lying if you can't tell the difference between masculine and feminine trans-"men".
I have YET to SEE ANY of 'you', people, here explain the DIFFERENCE between 'man' and 'woman' sufficiently, so WAITING for ANY of 'you' to explain the DIFFERENCE between 'masculine' and 'feminine' sufficiently would probably take a lot longer.

We will just have to WAIT, to SEE.
I think everyone here participating in this thread has at least graduated high school and already knew what those words refer to so didn't feel the need to explain it. But for you, Age, I'll explain to you what everyone here means when they type those scribbles on the screen, "man" and "woman", and even attempt to explain what masculine and feminine mean.

Biological sex is based on a combination of traits:

- chromosomes (in humans, XY is male, XX female)
- genitals (penis vs. vagina)
- gonads (testes vs. ovaries)
- hormones (males have higher relative levels of testosterone than women, while women have higher levels of estrogen)
- secondary sex characteristics that aren’t connected with the reproductive system but distinguish the sexes, and usually appear at puberty (breasts, facial hair, size of larynx, subcutaneous fat, etc.)

Using genitals and gonads alone, more than 99.9% of people fall into two non-overlapping classes—male and female—and the other traits almost always occur with these. If you did a principal components analysis using the combination of all five traits, you’d find two widely separated clusters with very few people in between.

"Man" and "woman" refer to a specific species - humans, and their sexual differences as explained above. Just as there are deer that are bucks and does, there are humans that are men and women.

These biological differences have an impact on behavior, especially when it comes to selecting mates. Females tend to be pickier than males because they are the ones that have to spend the most energy raising the young, especially among species that are not monogamous. In monogamous relationships, the males tend to hang around and help with the rearing of the children so females tend to be less picky. Masculinity and femininity are those traits that the opposite sex favors. For instance a peacock's tail would be masculine, as well as the size and battle prowess of a male elephant seal. Femininity would be those traits selected by males such as the ability to bear and raise children - large breasts and hips and possibly even a healthy dose of altruism and self-sacrifice as females have to spend a lot of their own energy devoted to the survival of others - namely her own offspring. As such, femininity and masculinity can be subjective to a degree as not every male or female will share the same preferences. As long as the traits have to do with procreation, then I think we are safe in calling them "feminine" or "masculine". For instance, a man that finds a woman that drives a truck and shreds an electric guitar sexy, isn't necessarily a feminine or masculine trait.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:46 pm
Trajk Logik wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:21 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:07 pm

I've made the same point repeatedly i.e. the assault on our ability to effectively use language. With it being written into law that these men are LITERALLY women then that takes away the ability of women to fight it. It's creating a convoluted mess in every part of society-- with women being the losers in every one of them.
Right. So which came first - the gay man who claims to be a woman and the left who calls you a bigot if you question their claim, or the straight man who uses this situation to their advantage to claim they are women just to be able to get into the women's bathroom? Seems like the latter can only happen if the prior situation happens first.

So no, it's not necessarily about hating gays, even though the video you posted in the other thread seems to indicate that you think most of them have "nothing in their brain". So I don't see how the video your are promoting is any different than you're labeling of Wiz as an idiot, moron, or stupid. Based on your own use of words, you hate Wiz as much as you hate gays.
What makes you think those men in the video are 'gay'? Where have I ever indicated that I 'hate gays'? Shove your gaslighting bullshit up your arse. I don't even know what you are disagreeing with. Men can call themselves whatever they want. The difference now is that everyone is being forced to pander to it or else suffer legal consequences. There was only a problem created when men started being protected by law for encroaching on women's rights. This has opened a whole Pandora's box of difficulties for women. You obviously have trouble with reading comprehension so there's no point in discussing this further. There's nothing to 'argue' about. The whole 'transrights' movement is deeply misogynistic and I think that comes across very well in that video. The natural misogyny that has always been around and latent in many, if not most, men is now lauded and called 'heroic'. This is a women's rights issue and really none of your business anyway. If women aren't going to stand up to it then there's nothing I can do about that. There are many who are fighting it, and it's growing, but the opposition is enormous and powerful with seemingly endless funds.
Don't just watch your video. Listen to what those men say and you will then know what makes me think those men in the video are gay.

It's not just misogyny that men are doing this. I think a large percentage of them are simply sexual/social outcasts. They can't get a woman to like them, or even talk to them. They may simply be socially/sexually awkward which women find cringy. The only way for them to even get close to a woman or talk to one is to become one so they can join their sports and fraternities.

These are the factors that I think contribute to transgenderism as it exists today:
1) Somatic delusions, or mental illness
2) Parents that raised their child as the opposite sex thereby establishing this as the the child's norm so that as adults dressing as the sex they are born with would be abnormal to them
3) Attention seeking: this is becoming the primary cause for today's growth in transgenderism with social media as a means to get the most attention as possible.
4) Misogyny, as you pointed out
5) Sexual deviancy or awkwardness that leads to the opposite sex rejecting you so you will do almost anything to be near them or catch a glimpse of them in their bedroom or shower to satisfy your sexual fantasies.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:45 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:46 pm
Trajk Logik wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:21 pm
Right. So which came first - the gay man who claims to be a woman and the left who calls you a bigot if you question their claim, or the straight man who uses this situation to their advantage to claim they are women just to be able to get into the women's bathroom? Seems like the latter can only happen if the prior situation happens first.

So no, it's not necessarily about hating gays, even though the video you posted in the other thread seems to indicate that you think most of them have "nothing in their brain". So I don't see how the video your are promoting is any different than you're labeling of Wiz as an idiot, moron, or stupid. Based on your own use of words, you hate Wiz as much as you hate gays.
What makes you think those men in the video are 'gay'? Where have I ever indicated that I 'hate gays'? Shove your gaslighting bullshit up your arse. I don't even know what you are disagreeing with. Men can call themselves whatever they want. The difference now is that everyone is being forced to pander to it or else suffer legal consequences. There was only a problem created when men started being protected by law for encroaching on women's rights. This has opened a whole Pandora's box of difficulties for women. You obviously have trouble with reading comprehension so there's no point in discussing this further. There's nothing to 'argue' about. The whole 'transrights' movement is deeply misogynistic and I think that comes across very well in that video. The natural misogyny that has always been around and latent in many, if not most, men is now lauded and called 'heroic'. This is a women's rights issue and really none of your business anyway. If women aren't going to stand up to it then there's nothing I can do about that. There are many who are fighting it, and it's growing, but the opposition is enormous and powerful with seemingly endless funds.
Don't just watch your video. Listen to what those men say and you will then know what makes me think those men in the video are gay.

It's not just misogyny that men are doing this. I think a large percentage of them are simply sexual/social outcasts. They can't get a woman to like them, or even talk to them. They may simply be socially/sexually awkward which women find cringy. The only way for them to even get close to a woman or talk to one is to become one so they can join their sports and fraternities.

These are the factors that I think contribute to transgenderism as it exists today:
1) Somatic delusions, or mental illness
2) Parents that raised their child as the opposite sex thereby establishing this as the the child's norm so that as adults dressing as the sex they are born with would be abnormal to them
3) Attention seeking: this is becoming the primary cause for today's growth in transgenderism with social media as a means to get the most attention as possible.
4) Misogyny, as you pointed out
5) Sexual deviancy or awkwardness that leads to the opposite sex rejecting you so you will do almost anything to be near them or catch a glimpse of them in their bedroom or shower to satisfy your sexual fantasies.
As I keep saying, it doesn't matter 'why' they are fantasising about being women, or what they wear, or what they imagine themselves to be. The reasons are many and varied, as you say, but there is also a common theme of misogyny-- but that's hardly surprising, unusual, or exclusive to fetishists. And why would being an unattractive incel cause males to hate women? See what women have to put up with? Women are not responsible for making them feel better about themselves. If they are that desperate then they can get prostitute. What is concerning women (at least women with a brain) is the safety of women and protection of children. Every dangerous, preadatory freak now has free access to women's spaces and there's not a thing women can do about it because it's been written into laws. The 'social contract' between men and women that kept men out of women's spaces, sports etc. and worked well for decades is now a thing of the past and it's a free-for-all.

Post by Age »

Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:21 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:13 am
I agree, but you're lying if you can't tell the difference between masculine and feminine trans-"men".
I have YET to SEE ANY of 'you', people, here explain the DIFFERENCE between 'man' and 'woman' sufficiently, so WAITING for ANY of 'you' to explain the DIFFERENCE between 'masculine' and 'feminine' sufficiently would probably take a lot longer.

We will just have to WAIT, to SEE.
I think everyone here participating in this thread has at least graduated high school and already knew what those words refer to so didn't feel the need to explain it.
I obtained one of the GREATEST LESSONS in Life WHEN I LOOKED AT this EXACT SAME ASSUMPTION that I was maintaining.

That is; I thought we all KNEW what we were talking about when we SAID and USED words.

That WAS; UNTIL I QUESTIONED "my" 'self', and ASKED, 'What does 'that word' ACTUALLY MEAN?'

Although I ALWAYS thought I KNEW what a 'word' and 'words' MEANT, or REFERRED TO, is was ACTUALLY ONLY WHEN I would QUESTIONED, and ANSWERED, CAME-TO-REALIZE that 'i', and "others", do NOT ACTUALLY KNOW as much as 'we' think we know.

In was FROM the very SIMPLE and EASY act of just LOOKING IN A dictionary that i GAINED a much DEEPER UNDERSTANDING, and a whole NEW PERSPECTIVE.

Now what you just DID here IS one of the VERY REASONS WHY I WANTED TO STOP PRE/ASSUMING ANY 'thing'.

LOOK, the QUESTION and TITLE of this thread IS, 'What is the difference, IF ANY, between 'man' and 'woman'?'

YET besides me, only one "other" attempted to even BEGIN TO ANSWER 'this QUESTION', if I recall correctly.

The reason WHY ANSWERING 'this QUESTION' WAS NOT, (and countless OTHER QUESTIONS ARE NOT) ATTEMPTED to be ANSWERED IS mostly because just like 'you' most adults, at most times, PRESUME or BELIEVE that they ALREADY KNOW 'THE ANSWER/S' and that most "others" DO AS WELL.

But, if ANY of 'you' even just 'TRIED TO' ANSWER, OPENLY and Honestly, even just SOME of the CLARIFYING QUESTIONS POSED and ASKED here, then 'you' would ALSO COME-TO-REALIZE that ACTUALLY 'you' DO NOT KNOW, and can NOT ACTUALLY explain, 'the ANSWER'.

'you', ALL, literally, ONLY 'think' 'you' KNOW, but NONE of you ACTUALLY DO KNOW the ACTUAL DEFINITION/MEANING of over half of the 'words' and 'phrases' 'you' USE. If you DID, AND REALIZED the implications of ASSUMING and BELIEVING, then EVERY 'issue' IN 'philosophical discussions' would HAVE BEEN SOLVED to 'your liking, and IS ACTUALLY HOW ALL 'philosophical QUESTIONS' have ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED, and thus SOLVED.

'you', people, back in the days when this WAS being written, had just NOT YET COME-TO-REALIZE 'this Fact'.
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm But for you, Age, I'll explain to you what everyone here means when they type those scribbles on the screen, "man" and "woman", and even attempt to explain what masculine and feminine mean.
GREAT. THEN we can SEE just how MUCH AGREEMENT there IS.
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm Biological sex is based on a combination of traits:
WHY have you BEGUN with the words 'biological sex'?

We are, or were, talking ABOUT 'man' and 'woman', were we not?
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm - chromosomes (in humans, XY is male, XX female)
- genitals (penis vs. vagina)
- gonads (testes vs. ovaries)
- hormones (males have higher relative levels of testosterone than women, while women have higher levels of estrogen)
- secondary sex characteristics that aren’t connected with the reproductive system but distinguish the sexes, and usually appear at puberty (breasts, facial hair, size of larynx, subcutaneous fat, etc.)

Using genitals and gonads alone, more than 99.9% of people fall into two non-overlapping classes—male and female—and the other traits almost always occur with these. If you did a principal components analysis using the combination of all five traits, you’d find two widely separated clusters with very few people in between.

"Man" and "woman" refer to a specific species - humans, and their sexual differences as explained above. Just as there are deer that are bucks and does, there are humans that are men and women.
If you HAD READ what I HAD WRITTEN, BEFORE, then you would HAVE SEEN, and ALREADY KNOW that what you just SAID here IS more or less what I have ALREADY POINTED OUT, and thus EXPLAINED.

SO, IF what 'you' and 'I' ARE SAYING here IS True, then WHAT are ALL of the "others" here DISAGREEING ABOUT, EXACTLY, in relation to THE DIFFERENCE/S between 'man' and 'woman'?

That is; IF the TITLE and QUESTION of 'this thread' has been ANSWERED, and thus IS ALREADY KNOWN, then WHY are 'you', adult human beings, STILL QUARRELING here.
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm These biological differences have an impact on behavior, especially when it comes to selecting mates. Females tend to be pickier than males because they are the ones that have to spend the most energy raising the young, especially among species that are not monogamous. In monogamous relationships, the males tend to hang around and help with the rearing of the children so females tend to be less picky.
All of these are 'speculative', and more specifically your OWN 'speculations'. Unless, of course, you have ACTUAL proof or ANY or ALL of these, which if you do, then will you share 'that proof' here with us?
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm
Masculinity and femininity are those traits that the opposite sex favors.
LOL

These people REALLY DID have the most 'narrowest' or 'smallest' of VIEWS.
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm For instance a peacock's tail would be masculine, as well as the size and battle prowess of a male elephant seal. Femininity would be those traits selected by males such as the ability to bear and raise children - large breasts and hips and possibly even a healthy dose of altruism and self-sacrifice as females have to spend a lot of their own energy devoted to the survival of others - namely her own offspring.
But, apparently, less so in so-called 'monogamous relationships', right?

Also, what are examples of so-called 'femininity' in 'peacocks' and in 'elephant seals', and, what are examples of so-called 'masculinity' in 'humans'?
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm As such, femininity and masculinity can be subjective to a degree as not every male or female will share the same preferences.
So, if 'femininity' AND 'masculinity' can be 'subjective', to ANY degree, then how do ALL of the 'participants' in this forum, who have, MAYBE, graduated high school already KNOW, FOR SURE, what those words refer, AND who ALSO, allegedly and supposedly do NOT 'feel' ANY need to EXPLAIN 'femininity', 'masculinity', 'female', NOR 'male' here?
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm As long as the traits have to do with procreation, then I think we are safe in calling them "feminine" or "masculine".
BUT WHO was MAKING ANY PRESUMPTION, or WHERE was absolutely ANY PRESUMPTION being MADE, that the 'traits' of the words 'feminine' or 'masculine' WERE to do with or were in relation to 'procreation' AT ALL?
Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:18 pm For instance, a man that finds a woman that drives a truck and shreds an electric guitar sexy, isn't necessarily a feminine or masculine trait.
To WHO, EXACTLY?

And, so 'what', EXACTLY is a 'feminine' AND 'masculine' trait?

What IS the ACTUAL DIFFERENCE, IF ANY, between 'feminine' and 'masculine'?

IS 'cooking for one's family', or staying home and doing 'such', for example, a 'feminine' or 'masculine' trait?

EXPLAINING the ACTUAL DIFFERENCE between the words 'man' and 'woman' is VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY indeed, and can be done WITHOUT DISAGREEMENT. BUT, is this the SAME with the words 'masculine' and 'feminine'?

According to you, you think EVERY one participating here ALREADY KNOWS, right?

Also, can 'you', participants, here SPOT WHEN a thread is 'thrown out', and is 'TROLLING', for "others", with very specific 'bait', to 'try to' 'hook' SOME, to 'catch', and to 'lure' 'them' IN, COMPLETELY?

If NOT, then those threads are usually the ones where the one who started them is NOT able to CLARIFY NOR able to BACK UP and SUPPORT their OWN words in their OWN opening post through just SIMPLE QUESTIONING and CHALLENGING.