hello philosophers

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mudmen

hello philosophers

Post by mudmen »

Hello,

I'm really looking forward to some good philosophy talk here! I'm nothing like an expert, but of course I've got plenty of my own opinions so I thought I'd get involved, get a bit of an education :)

I love Kierkegaard, although I'm not entirely sure that I understand anything I've read of his :mrgreen:

All the best to everyone!
Metadigital

Re: hello philosophers

Post by Metadigital »

Welcome!

I keep seeing people refer to Kierkegaard, but alas, I haven't read a single sentence the man wrote.
mudmen

Post by mudmen »

you are missing out! Not completely getting what he's on about, I take most of my enjoyment from the sentences :)
Rortabend

Post by Rortabend »

If you want to learn more about Kierkegaard try listening to Hubert Dreyfus podcast. He teaches at Berkeley.
duszek

Post by duszek »

I do something like this with Nietzsche´s Zarathustra: I read the pathetic words of a new savor of the world and get very amused at times. The vociferations are well put, no doubt. When I have finished with N. I will move to K. Do you read "Either Or" or some other work ?

When it is hot I like to read something in Spanish. It suits so well high temperatures. The language must have developed while the speakers of it were under the influence of a hot climate.

"Hace calor."

Just think of the open "a" and "o". When it´s hot you cannot put lots of energy into pronounciation.
Whereas "black" or "world" are good exercise of the mouth muscles if it is chilly and rainy outside.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Is your name making fun of the incorrect pronounciation of the word "madman" ?
Or am I overinterpreting ?