What are intuition and wisdom?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

What are intuition and wisdom?

Post by bahman »

I think we can divide different human ability to instinct, intuition, logical thinking and wisdom. Instinct is rooted in our nature which is an innate, typically fixed pattern of behavior in animals/human in response to certain stimuli. Logical thinking is an aspect of human (and some animal to lower extend) which is basically concluding a result given the evidences. I was wondering what are intuition and wisdom? I think that intuition is a answer for an ambiguous situation which could be right or wrong. We simply say that the answer is wise if it is right otherwise unwise. So to me there is nothing such as wisdom.
Impenitent

Re: What are intuition and wisdom?

Post by Impenitent »

the wise student pays intuition if they actually hold classes in the school...

-Imp
bahman

Post by bahman »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:37 pm the wise student pays intuition if they actually hold classes in the school...

-Imp
What do you mean with pays?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

tuition is paid to go to school (whether you are in the building or not thanks to coronavirus)

-Imp
bahman

Post by bahman »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:24 pm tuition is paid to go to school (whether you are in the building or not thanks to coronavirus)

-Imp
I see. But that is the definition of logical thinking. You know the consequence if you don't pay.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:06 pm I think we can divide different human ability to instinct, intuition, logical thinking and wisdom. Instinct is rooted in our nature which is an innate, typically fixed pattern of behavior in animals/human in response to certain stimuli. Logical thinking is an aspect of human (and some animal to lower extend) which is basically concluding a result given the evidences. I was wondering what are intuition and wisdom? I think that intuition is a answer for an ambiguous situation which could be right or wrong. We simply say that the answer is wise if it is right otherwise unwise. So to me there is nothing such as wisdom.
agree in general with your above.

though would equate wisdom with intuition.

Wisdom = self knowledge.

one that knows himself is wise.

2-cents.