Issue 71 - the Darwin issue!

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RickLewis

Issue 71 - the Darwin issue!

Post by RickLewis »

Philosophy Now Issue 71 is now out, and has a Darwin theme. This is because 2009 contains Charles Darwin's 200th birthday (later this month) and is also the 150th anniversary of the first publication of On The Origin of Species. Bora will be updating the website with the new issue in the next day or two.

Sorry the issue is a little late. It was posted out last Thursday, but I know it still hasn't reached quite a few people even in Britain, due to the snow. (I was expecting to receive a copy at the editorial office by Saturday, and it still hasn't arrived.) It should be in the newsagents and bookshops by now, anyway.
philofra

Re: Issue 71 - the Darwin issue!

Post by philofra »

I received my copy today and was surprised how early it came. I was thinking that I wouldn't see it until March.

It was a nice surprise to see it in my mailbox this morning. I particularly like the 'Social Darwin' aspect of the issue.
Psychonaut

Re: Issue 71 - the Darwin issue!

Post by Psychonaut »

Since I have already posted a comment on one of the articles, you may be able to tell that I got my issue several days ago. Obviously the karmic reward for my good deeds :P