Schrodinger's Cat Thought Experiment

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Schrodinger's Cat Thought Experiment

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:26 pm You are at the mercy of thoughts and emotions, being tossed this way and that.
And again, good that you admit you have judgments of emotions
Bow if you're digging all that emotion stuff, please continue.
Ditto.

It's part of your dualism.
If you're ready to move on, then delve deeply into the space between thoughts
I have. More assumptions on your part.

It is hard to notice anything new without a connection to emotions. And it shows in both of you.
Hermit Philosopher

Post by Hermit Philosopher »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:02 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 am A: Are there two worlds?

B: Which world is more fundamental?
One world, many witnesses.. so differing styles of witnessing/experiencing that one world.

Does one aspect need be fundamental, over another? It sounds to me that you have removed the emotional aspect of thought from the observation, so the event being just the event but without consequence.
Thumbs up to MagsJ’s input.
No perspective need be “more” fundamental than another.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"That goddamn cat is alive or dead: it ain't both"

calm down henry and please don't shoot the cat cuz I know what you're thinking.

The cat isn't a threat to your life, liberty or property.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:19 pm "That goddamn cat is alive or dead: it ain't both"

calm down henry and please don't shoot the cat cuz I know what you're thinking.

The cat isn't a threat to your life, liberty or property.
friggin' cat is probably a commie...oughta take him for a copter ride

on impact: we can witness the superposition of cat face with cat bunghole
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:30 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:24 am

Not sure what that means. But heck, if you are in the same country then that seems close to me, sitting here on the arsehole of the planet.
Well to be fair, your location is a good place to be. I've heard recently through the grapevine that NZ won't get nuked. No nuclear bombs are going to wasted on NZ so I've heard. I certainly don't wanna die the nuke way.
If anyone gets 'nuked' everyone gets 'nuked'. It occurs to me that NZ is both extremely PC/woke and extremely conservative at the same time--tangible proof that PC/'woke' and liberal are NOT the same thing, and a contradictory, cowardly nightmare for anyone with at least half a brain (just a tidbit of information for all the yank morons on here and others who are incapable of grasping anything other than 'left' or 'non left'. Apparently 'right' doesn't exist in their tiny minds :roll:) 'PC' is obessing over tiny things that don't matter and insisting that everyone else does the same, 'or else'. Being PC is all about image and being part of the 'in' crowd--being 'seen' to be 'doing good' rather than doing actual good.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:33 pm
Up here: the cat is dead or alive, not both.
Reality is in superposition.

The idea that an object is dead or alive is perception, it's a concept. Perception is empty perceiving...the perceiver can never be perceived by the perceived object of perception.

In reality there is no way any conceptually known thing can inform it self it is alive or dead.

Being alive or being dead is never an objects experience. All experience is an illusion within the real which is thoughtless birthless/deathless awareness which is the true self.

Truth cannot certainly contradict experience. This world is not real. This plurality is an illusion.

It is mere appearance like snake in the rope. The rope is not perceived when the snake is cognised and the snake is not perceived when the rope is cognised.

There is no existence of two objects at the same time to enable one object to be superimposed upon the other. The rope alone exists before, during and after its apparent appearance. Awareness alone is the solid reality.

And no object that is preceived to be known is aware. Only pure thoughtfree birthless deathless awareness is real.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:33 pm
Up here: the cat is dead or alive, not both.
Nope: the cat is neither dead nor alive, because it's a conceptual object, and that which is known as an object, in and of itself has no awareness of it's own existence because it's an illusion.

Down here: That which cannot be perceived, aka the BELIEVER in a self who knows whether it is dead or alive - does not exist. To exist implies to be perceivable. A concept known, is a percieved 'THING' which has no awareness, concepts are illusions, they are appearances within awareness, and not actual awareness.

That which is perceived is an illusory appearance within that which can never be perceived by the perceived object. Knowledge of birth and death is an illusion. Knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of reality. Who you believe/think you are can never know of it's own presence or absence...because 'thought' and 'belief' is illusion.

You cannot know you exist, if you insist you can know...you would have to split yourself into two things, into two concepts known. 1: 'the knower' and 2: 'the known'.

HERE, there is no separation between the knower and the known, except as illusion...The world of concepts, things known, is nought but frozen thought. Awareness alone is the only solid reality.

Just felt like doubling down on the matter.

Up here, is where all the noise is.

Stay beneath the bottom line, to avoid getting hook line and sinkered.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The cat lives or the cat dies: it cannot do, both, simultaneously. All the faux-zen folderol or quantum mysticism in the world doesn't change that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:37 am The cat lives or the cat dies: it cannot do, both, simultaneously. All the faux-zen folderol or quantum mysticism in the world doesn't change that.
No object ever died or lived. Why, because they have no awareness to know of their existence as an object.

Keeping score:
Roy 1

Henry 0

Cat-ching on yet Henry ? 🐱
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:35 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:17 pm And yes, it does remove all emotion. T
And there it is in the open. A dualism that includes a distaste for emotion. How to cut yourself off from the limbic system
..a lot of negative reactions going on here. :shock:

Cessation of emotion, doesn’t mean emotion-less, it means not reacting to or getting triggered by stimuli.. which just ends up constantly hiking-up cortisol levels, which obviously ain’t good, and can even cause a person to become stuck in ‘flight or fight’.

I cessated my emotions a long time ago.. my body thanks me for it. :D
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:42 amCat-ching on yet Henry ? 🐱
The cat lives or the cat dies: it cannot do, both, simultaneously. All the faux-zen folderol or quantum mysticism or bad puns in the world doesn't change that.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Harbal wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:42 pm
Your post is like a dog trying to convince a human that the humans level of Self-Awareness is lower than that of a canine
Translation: you are like a dog to me.

Roy, the transcended, sees us as dogs.
That's a step up from swine, in my book, so lets not look a gift horse in the mouth. :)
Looooool
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:02 pm

The cat lives or the cat dies: it cannot do, both, simultaneously. All the faux-zen folderol or quantum mysticism or bad puns in the world doesn't change that.
Only within illusions Henry, illusions...are Not Real.

You have never experienced death or life.
So, you cannot even tell yourself if a cat is dead or alive, except as concept, ( illusion)

A rope can be perceived as a snake. And while it is being perceived as a snake, the rope it is not.

But the rope will always be a rope, it cannot be both a rope and a snake.

The superposition principle is the idea that a system is in all possible states at the same time, until it is measured. After measurement it then falls to one of the basis states that form the superposition, thus destroying the original configuration.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

poop, poop, and more poop
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:17 pm
MagsJ wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:02 pm One world, many witnesses.. so differing styles of witnessing/experiencing that one world.

Does one aspect need be fundamental, over another? It sounds to me that you have removed the emotional aspect of thought from the observation, so the event being just the event but without consequence.
Thumbs up to MagsJ’s input.
No perspective need be “more” fundamental than another.
Egos can make One think otherwise, I’m sure.. :lol:

The cat cannot be both alive and dead.. the only occurrence happening here, is uncertainty.