Schrodinger's Cat Thought Experiment

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Schrodinger's Cat Thought Experiment

Post by roydop »

Sally opens the box and sadly declares the state of a dead cat.

Roy opens the box without any thoughts entering his consciousness. He simply witnesses free from interpretation.

In Sally's world there is a dead cat and Roy's world is still in superposition.

A: Are there two worlds?

B: Which world is more fundamental?
Dontaskme

Re: Schrodinger's Cat Thought Experiment

Post by Dontaskme »

Yes, there are two worlds.

Roy's world is more fundamental than Sally's world.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Surely the cat would know if it was alive or dead (or at least, alive)?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Speaking of Cats.

Roy's beautiful black and white cat Kali...can be seen sitting contently on Roy's lap, literally wrapping her arms around Roy, and gazing lovingly into his eyes purring sweetly during one of Roy's video sessions. Could be something to do with the irresistible magnetic charisma that is naturally emanating from the presence of two presences. The scene where Kali jumps on Roy's lap while he is in the middle of making a video was quite the most endearing thing I've ever witnessed, it brought a tear to my eye and caused a huge gulp in my throat as I tried to catch my breath taking in the sheer moment of true bliss that overwhelmed me completely as though I had just drank the entire ocean in just one sip.

Seeing is believing, I won't say which video the Kali and Roy moment of bliss can be seen, I'll leave that up to you to find it for yourself, that's if you are interested in seeing what true charismatic effortless energy looks like and how the visual can impact the observer as if they had been knocked out by a feather.

Have fun searching for the video, there are many to choose from, so you'll need to be patient.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:46 am Speaking of Cats.

Roy's beautiful black and white cat Kali...can be seen sitting contently on Roy's lap, literally wrapping her arms around Roy, and gazing lovingly into his eyes purring sweetly during one of Roy's video sessions. Could be something to do with the irresistible magnetic charisma that is naturally emanating from the presence of two presences. The scene where Kali jumps on Roy's lap while he is in the middle of making a video was quite the most endearing thing I've ever witnessed, it brought a tear to my eye and caused a huge gulp in my throat as I tried to catch my breath taking in the sheer moment of true bliss that overwhelmed me completely as though I had just drank the entire ocean in just one sip.

Seeing is believing, I won't say which video the Kali and Roy moment of bliss can be seen, I'll leave that up to you to find it for yourself, that's if you are interested in seeing what true charismatic effortless energy looks like and how the visual can impact the observer as if they had been knocked out by a feather.

Have fun searching for the video, there are many to choose from, so you'll need to be patient.
I'm allergic to cats; they give me itchy eyes and a runny nose. It turns out that I'm also allergic to Roy, but with different symptoms. I prefer the itchy eyes and runny nose.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:10 am
I'm allergic to cats; they give me itchy eyes and a runny nose. It turns out that I'm also allergic to Roy, but with different symptoms. I prefer the itchy eyes and runny nose.
Oh no that's a shame. I have two black and white cats. I have named the boy SONIC and the girl TAILS

I guess you won't be popping in for a cup of tea around at my place then? But then the upside, is you'll get what you preferred if you did pop in, you'll get you're itchy eyes and runny nose. :wink: .. maybe worth the irritant after all, huh! :D

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:24 am
Oh no that's a shame. I have two black and white cats. I have named the boy SONIC and the girl TAILS

I guess you won't be popping in for a cup of tea around at my place then?
Only because I've never been invited. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:24 am

I guess you won't be popping in for a cup of tea around at my place then?
Only because I've never been invited. :)
You invited yourself remember. :o

You said if I'd have lived closer to you, we could have met up to share the delight of drinking tea together.

Even though there is no distance between you and I there is no dividing line that can separate us.

Cheers, thanks for the tea, was it Yorkshire tea or Earl grey? :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:55 am
You invited yourself remember.

You said if I'd have lived closer to you, we could have met up to share the delight of drinking tea together.
I was just expressing a hypothetical possibility. I wouldn't dream of turning up on your doorstep uninvited.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:04 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:55 am
You invited yourself remember.

I was just expressing a hypothetical possibility. I wouldn't dream of turning up on your doorstep uninvited.
Well, I was rather hoping you would because my house is open to everyone.

Just remember to leave, you can leave anytime you like whenever you are feeling uninvited.

Home is where the heart is..you trample on my heart, I'm kicking you out the back door.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Don't you both live in Yorkshire? Well there you go :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:34 am Don't you both live in Yorkshire? Well there you go :D
Yes, we were both born in the same county of Yorkshire.

Still both living in England...but not close enough to pop in and out of each others house for a cup of tea.
vegetariantaxidermy

You are the one who brought it up.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:14 am You are the one who brought it up.
Actually it was Harbal that brought it up, which then prompted me to make what was private a sincerity.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:22 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:14 am You are the one who brought it up.
Actually it was Harbal that brought it up, which then prompted me to make what was private a sincerity.
Not sure what that means. But heck, if you are in the same country then that seems close to me, sitting here on the arsehole of the planet.