God Approves of Cold-Blooded Murder, and I Can Prove It

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

John

Re: God Approves of Cold-Blooded Murder, and I Can Prove It

Post by John »

bobevenson wrote:OK, but a lion can rip a poor, defenceless gazelle to pieces, a harmless gazelle that just wants to live another day, but can't do it because some lion wants to mutilate every piece of its body for no other reason than that the lion likes the taste of raw, bloody gazelle, and the lion does it with God's blessing.
Do you just want to discuss The Problem of Evil with specific reference to suffering within nature? In my experience a failure to reconcile that problem tends to cause more people to lose their belief in God rather than adopt a belief in a cruel god.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

John wrote:
bobevenson wrote:OK, but a lion can rip a poor, defenceless gazelle to pieces, a harmless gazelle that just wants to live another day, but can't do it because some lion wants to mutilate every piece of its body for no other reason than that the lion likes the taste of raw, bloody gazelle, and the lion does it with God's blessing.
Do you just want to discuss The Problem of Evil with specific reference to suffering within nature? In my experience a failure to reconcile that problem tends to cause more people to lose their belief in God rather than adopt a belief in a cruel god.
You have to remember that a boy who thinks he is a messiah is not likely to act as others do.

My reaction to this is to reject the notion that 'god' (whatever that might be) is not in any sense like us; not good, not evil, not conscious, not aware; unconcerned; not the sort of thing that "gives (his) blessing."
You have to assess the Universe from what you can understand of it, and no impose some facsimile human consciousness upon it- which , by all accounts, is a thing that has appeared in the Universe only very recently.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

If you people would take the time to read "The Ouzo Prophecy" (http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/ouzo-prophecy.pdf), with the objective of trying to understand its message, the questions you may have about your place in the universe would be answered, and you wouldn't have to read or respond to most of the crap in this forum.
John

Post by John »

bobevenson wrote:If you people would take the time to read "The Ouzo Prophecy" (http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/ouzo-prophecy.pdf), with the objective of trying to understand its message, the questions you may have about your place in the universe would be answered, and you wouldn't have to read or respond to most of the crap in this forum.
Have you considered whether the way you promote your game with this mystical nonsense might be contributing to why you don't seem to be getting anywhere with it?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:If you people would take the time to read "The Ouzo Prophecy" (http://church-of-ouzo.com/pdf/ouzo-prophecy.pdf), with the objective of trying to understand its message, the questions you may have about your place in the universe would be answered, and you wouldn't have to read or respond to most of the crap in this forum.

The game does not even work, let alone mean anything.

It's just moronic.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

John wrote:
Have you considered whether the way you promote your game with this mystical nonsense might be contributing to why you don't seem to be getting anywhere with it?
Mystical nonsense??? Have you ever read the book of Revelation and wondered how long it took the author John on the isle of Patmos to get anywhere with people like you???
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:

It's just moronic.
You wouldn't know how to play the game if God bit you in the ass!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:

It's just moronic.
You wouldn't know how to play the game if God bit you in the ass!
I challenge you to show anyone here how to play it.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:The game does not even work, let alone mean anything. It's just moronic.
bobevenson wrote:You wouldn't know how to play the game if God bit you in the ass!
chaz wyman wrote:I challenge you to show anyone here how to play it.
bobevenson wrote:Let me tell you something, millions of people in the USA play liar's poker in bars and taverns with the 8-digit serial number of a dollar bill. It's the easiest game in the world to learn, and within 5 minutes I can teach it to a group of players who have never played any kind of game in their life, and within 15 minutes, they'll think they're so good at playing the game that they can even beat me, the wizard of Ouzo. All Ouzo does is to add two simple rules to liar's poker, an escape bid and doubling/redoubling. OK, that adds maybe an extra minute of instruction on how to play the game.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:The game does not even work, let alone mean anything. It's just moronic.
bobevenson wrote:You wouldn't know how to play the game if God bit you in the ass!
bobevenson wrote:Let me tell you something, millions of people in the USA play liar's poker in bars and taverns with the 8-digit serial number of a dollar bill. It's the easiest game in the world to learn, and within 5 minutes I can teach it to a group of players who have never played any kind of game in their life, and within 15 minutes, they'll think they're so good at playing the game that they can even beat me, the wizard of Ouzo. All Ouzo does is to add two simple rules to liar's poker, an escape bid and doubling/redoubling. OK, that adds maybe an extra minute of instruction on how to play the game.
Maybe you should review that idiotic "letter", because you seem to have shown yourself incapable of describing a thing you claim is simple.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Maybe you should review that idiotic "letter", because you seem to have shown yourself incapable of describing a thing you claim is simple.
What idiotic "letter" are you talking about? "The Ouzo Prophecy" is not a letter, it's a paper. The Spiritual Counterfeits Project did write a letter saying the paper was fascinating and tightly reasoned, so I guess they didn't have any trouble understanding the game, O my brother in tribulation!
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote: What idiotic "letter" are you talking about? "The Ouzo Prophecy" is not a letter, it's a paper. The Spiritual Counterfeits Project did write a letter saying the paper was fascinating and tightly reasoned, so I guess they didn't have any trouble understanding the game, O my brother in tribulation!
What letter - that moronic crap you keep linking.

It's not a paper. Its a badly written piece of shit.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:
bobevenson wrote: What idiotic "letter" are you talking about? "The Ouzo Prophecy" is not a letter, it's a paper. The Spiritual Counterfeits Project did write a letter saying the paper was fascinating and tightly reasoned, so I guess they didn't have any trouble understanding the game, O my brother in tribulation!
What letter - that moronic crap you keep linking. It's not a paper. Its a badly written piece of shit.
Oh, now you're saying the most respected and fervent evangelical Christian organization in the world doesn't know shit from Shinola. I'd suggest not going out in the rain for fear of being hit by a bolt of lightning!

Doesn't know shit from Shinola
Shinola was a brand of shoe polish previously manufactured in the USA. The alliteration and the fact that the two commodities in the phrase could possibly be confused is the derivation. The distinction is well made; only one of them would be good to apply to your shoes and only particularly dim people like Chaz could be expected to muddle them up. Of course, outside America, most people don't know Shinola from anything at all, as they've never heard of it. Even in America it would probably not be widely remembered but for this phrase.
Last edited by bobevenson on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

bobevenson wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
What letter - that moronic crap you keep linking. It's not a paper. Its a badly written piece of shit.
Oh, now you're saying the most respected and fervent evangelical Christian organization in the world doesn't know shit from Shinola. I'd suggest not going out in the rain for fear of being hit by a bolt of lightning!
You are not only stupid but boring. We've had this crap out before.
You made a fool of yourself already - no need to do it again.

This is a philosophy web-site.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:You are not only stupid but boring. We've had this crap out before.
You made a fool of yourself already - no need to do it again. This is a philosophy web-site.
I'm boring all right, and my drill has an oversized bit!