How is the Karma enforced?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: How is the Karma enforced?

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:28 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:11 pm...
Here's a parallel reference to karma enforcement:
viewtopic.php?p=693591#p693591
English is not my first language, so I could understand half of what they were saying!
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:01 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:11 pm...
English is not my first language, so I could understand half of what they were saying!
Well, I'm not going to transcribe the dialogue, so I guess you’ll have to take my word for it … the scene demonstrates that intent and delusion create and enforce karma.
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 pm I was wondering how Karma is enforced in Buddhism. Is there a deity who is in charge of the calculation of Karma?
Buddhism migrated from India to Tibet where it took on aspects of indiginous beliefs such as the animism of Bon Po. As such, water has the power to calculate karma, because like karma water is naturally self-leveling. This leads to why. Gravity The Greater creates the leveling forces for Water The Lesser. Thus, the earth calculates karma. This is in line with The Buddha's response when asked to name the authority for his knowledge, and his response was to simply touch the earth ... and allow others to fill in the words according to their capacity of understanding.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:41 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:01 pm
Well, I'm not going to transcribe the dialogue, so I guess you’ll have to take my word for it … the scene demonstrates that intent and delusion create and enforce karma.
I see and thanks for the explanation.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:59 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:48 pm I was wondering how Karma is enforced in Buddhism. Is there a deity who is in charge of the calculation of Karma?
Buddhism migrated from India to Tibet where it took on aspects of indiginous beliefs such as the animism of Bon Po. As such, water has the power to calculate karma, because like karma water is naturally self-leveling. This leads to why. Gravity The Greater creates the leveling forces for Water The Lesser. Thus, the earth calculates karma. This is in line with The Buddha's response when asked to name the authority for his knowledge, and his response was to simply touch the earth ... and allow others to fill in the words according to their capacity of understanding.
Ok, thanks for the elaboration.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:45 pm
Well, that's one direction Buddhism migrated.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:21 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:10 pm I think that if Karma is true then there must be at least a person in charge of it.
Well, you've got the makings of your own ontology/causality, but it'll be different from Buddhism.
Correct, but Karma looks like magic in the absence of a person who takes care of it.
Well, lots of rather amazing processes look like magic, but may or may not be: The Northern Lights, reef life, eclipses, the homeostasis in a body, entanglement between particles, slime molds solving mazes, plants using quantum processes in photosynthesis and so on. As far as we know all sorts of processes, some unbelievably complex, others less so, manage without a person who takes care of them. In any case, the Buddhists, a rather diverse set of people, tend not to think of it as being run by someone.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:57 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:45 pm
Well, that's one direction Buddhism migrated.
What is the other direction?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 pm What is the other direction?
Directions, plural. It spread, in the period of the map, changing forms and styles, and spread more after the period the maps is covering.

bahman

Post by bahman »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:04 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 pm What is the other direction?
Directions, plural. It spread, in the period of the map, changing forms and styles, and spread more after the period the maps is covering.

Oh, thanks.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:00 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:27 pm
The whole idea is an invention to make people take responsibility for their actions and as an explanation of who people are born unequally- either economically, physically or mentally. As if some sort of cosmic justice would explain why some are cursed with disabilities.
Maybe the cosmic justice is right. How could you disprove it?
I do not have to disprove it.
The person making the claim has to account for it. And answer how it works. Or they are able to show THAT it works.
No one seems to be able to do either thing.
ANyone can make silly claims.
I claim that Brotosauruses were more intelligent than Einstien as they had a large brain in their chest cavity.
Prove me wrong.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:27 pm I'm nor sure if the Buddhists have a rationale about hwo or what is the cosmic accountant, or by what means such an account is kept.
I agree.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:52 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:27 pm
The whole idea is an invention to make people take responsibility for their actions and as an explanation of who people are born unequally- either economically, physically or mentally. As if some sort of cosmic justice would explain why some are cursed with disabilities.
The person making the claim has to account for it. And answer how it works. Or they are able to show THAT it works.
I claim that Brotosauruses were more intelligent than Einstien as they had a large brain in their chest cavity.
Prove me wrong.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:27 pm I'm nor sure if the Buddhists have a rationale about hwo or what is the cosmic accountant, or by what means such an account is kept.
I agree.
OK, I agree.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:18 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:52 pm
Prove me wrong.

I agree.
OK, I agree.
Well then, you are both wrong.
meno_

Post by meno_ »

Can not except larger is not necessarily better
meno_

Post by meno_ »

Brontosaurus may not qualify to be more evolved whereas they cold quantify for such a claim, in spite of the fact that a derived source of their conscious apprehension is at a incalculable minimum, whereas sentiment beings could not make said claim without regard to their ‘origins’.