For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: The USA and Israel

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:22 am
Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:07 amNo one deprived you of those rights,
They try to, daily.
You seem totally obsessed and paranoid on the subject.

Who are THEY?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:35 amYou seem totally obsessed and paranoid on the subject.
I am eleutheromanical, yes.
Who are THEY?
Look in the mirror for an example.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:35 amYou seem totally obsessed and paranoid on the subject.
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:46 amI am eleutheromanical, yes.
...so in short, an irrational obsession, as in not normal. Nothing new here!
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:46 amLook in the mirror for an example
...that's much too glib. I had no idea I could have so much power over your freedom!

I see it in reverse: it's your single-minded monopolization of rights and freedom which may have the effect of putting mine in danger. That's what I resent! Whatever freedom you have to life, liberty, and property are ALL yours as long as it doesn't impinge or impede on any which are equally mine.

If that time should come, then I'll worry about it. In the meantime, keep aggravating yourself; it's your right!

Your tantrums on life, liberty and property are like that of a little kid demanding to be fed! Is it too much to ask, somewhat belatedly, an older gentleman like yourself to grow up!

But please note, I'll never dispute your perennial right to be an idiot along with all the other rights you strive for but never deprived of! I'll never insist you deprive yourself of this one either!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:36 am
I had no idea I could have so much power over your freedom!
But, it's not just you.
your single-minded monopolization of rights and freedom which may have the effect of putting mine in danger. That's what I resent! Whatever freedom you have to life, liberty, and property are ALL yours as long as it doesn't impinge or impede on any which are equally mine.
Are you retarded or just illiterate?
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:22 am I have an absolute moral claim to my, and no one else's, life, liberty, and property.
...and no one else's...

You, of course, have an absolute moral claim to your, and no one else's, life, liberty, and property.

Let me close, for the evening, by pointing out you say...
Dubious wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:42 amThere are people - if one can call them that - in every group meaning not to be referenced to any ethnicity or nationality, that one can easily qualify as Untermenschen who should be disposed of as organic garbage who have no right to be called human. The solution is to eliminate that detritus and distortion of a homo sapien, cremate it and throw its ashes in the landfill as appropriate to its erstwhile despicable existence. :twisted:

It's unsanitary and positively dangerous to keep every piece of trash around just because it looks human.
...not me.

I wouldn't boxcar you off to a camp as you would me.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Note: I’ve always admired Dubious’s deft use of exclamation points.

Credit where credit’s due …
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:01 amAre you retarded or just illiterate?
I do feel somewhat ashamed that my literacy skills aren't up to your Ozark English. As for being retarded, it's duly noted that there are some on this site younger than me who got a head start.
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:01 amYou, of course, have an absolute moral claim to your, and no one else's, life, liberty, and property.
Generous of you to say so! But there is no such thing as an absolute moral claim to anything. In fact to claim such is a travesty. Societies and their human components are most capable of succeeding when based on balance, compromise and common sense, wherein anything denoted as absolute is devoid of meaning.
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:01 amI wouldn't boxcar you off to a camp as you would me.
As much as you like to feel victimized, forever harping on the same theme, which explains your obsessions, I wouldn't "boxcar" you either (whatever that implies to you) no matter how much I disagree with you or find or ideas stupid, ludicrous and hypocritical...meaning anyone you defines their morals and rights as absolute.

Those that I would boxcar off to an extermination center are mass murderers, especially child murderers, wanton killers without conscience, refugee smugglers, poachers especially of endangered species, etc.

The worst of these would be forced to exit their lives based on the old Persian method of execution. They will not get to flee into oblivion without retribution.

I'm certain you don't fit into any of these genres. Your life, liberty and general happiness are safe with me! :mrgreen:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:49 am Note: I’ve always admired Dubious’s deft use of exclamation points.

It never ceases to amaze in how adept you've become in transitioning from the irrelevant to the ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"... along with all the other rights you strive for but are never deprived of!"

"my literacy skills aren't up to your Ozark English."

🤣
bahman

Post by bahman »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:15 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:59 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:35 pm
:? :? :? That's ALL I was trying to talk to you about, on the other thread. I was asking what the nature of the Creation is...what or Who did it, and how? And you were the one who was saying the things I couldn't make sense of...

Like that there is a thing called "the Singularity," which is both the Big Bang and not the Big Bang, and is both the explanation of the First Cause, but is not the first thing in the causal chain... :? :? :?

So it wasn't me refusing. It was really you fumbling the explanatory "ball," and leaving us with no explanation at all.
Honestly, is that all you get from our long debate?
No...I'm rejecting the substunce of your claim that I "refuse to talk about the creation," which is clearly untrue, as anybody who checks the thread will be able to see.
Ok, so feel free to respond to this whenever you have time.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:21 am
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:49 am Note: I’ve always admired Dubious’s deft use of exclamation points.

It never ceases to amaze in how adept you've become in transitioning from the irrelevant to the ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Keep pushing, Dubious! Just keep it up and see where it leads!!
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

So they don't owe us to do it, then. And again, I can't see how, on the basis of no moral obligation at all, you can tell them what they should or shouldn't do or want.

How then can you tell us anything about Israel or the Ukraine? There are people who WANT war to be there. How do you prove to us and to them that they have any obligation not to cause or perpetuate it?
I can evaluate the situation and say what actions lead to good outcomes based on my understanding and experience of human existence. We can examine similar situations and see what happened.

Nobody is obligated to take my advice.

I'm not an overlord forcing my ideas onto people.

Who can prove which decision is the correct one, before it is executed? Nobody.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:59 amOzark English
Coonass Englsh.
Generous of you to say so!
Nope...just a statement of fact.
there is no such thing as an absolute moral claim to anything
So your life, your liberty, your property: not yours.
Those that I would boxcar off to an extermination center are mass murderers, especially child murderers, wanton killers without conscience, refugee smugglers, poachers especially of endangered species, etc.
And those who won't mask up, lock down, or accept the jab: let's not forget about those scum.
Your life, liberty and general happiness are safe with me!
I don't believe that.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

there is no such thing as an absolute moral claim to anything
henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:56 pm So your life, your liberty, your property: not yours.
I'm not saying it's not mine. I'm saying there is no absolute moral claim to it being mine. There's a difference which is clearly beyond your comprehension.

And those who won't mask up, lock down, or accept the jab: let's not forget about those scum.
If you place yourself in that company far be it from me to conflict with your views.
Your life, liberty and general happiness are safe with me!
I don't believe that.
I'm not interested, and never was, in taking anything from anybody to which I have no right or claim. Whether you believe it or not is thoroughly immaterial to me.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:52 pm
Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:21 am

Keep pushing, Dubious! Just keep it up and see where it leads!!
I'm not pushing anything. I'm merely responding to your childish sarcastic comments in the appropriate prepaid format. One time I was interested in what you had to say regardless of whether I agree or not; that time is long past.

Simply put, don't bug me and I won't bite you back. Doesn't that sound logical? Spock would think so!
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:27 pm Simply put, don't bug me and I won't bite you back. Doesn't that sound logical? Spock would think so!
Do you still have teeth?!?