So you STILL think that AI understands what it types??

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: So you STILL think that AI understands what it types??

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:17 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:25 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:51 pm

So you say, but how do you know that a simulated network doesn’t result in experience?
Doesn't lead to thought.
How can you know that? It’s the problem of others, isn’t it?
As I already mentioned, an AI is not a neural network. It simulates a neural network.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:23 pm
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:31 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:49 pm Yes, but you can’t know if an AI experiences. You can’t know that it doesn’t experience.
You can try to force it to say something that cannot be read or inferred, but only derived from its experience.

For example.
1. Do you have your own (subjective) opinion? ... - if not, then what kind of subjective experience are we talking about here?
2. How to distinguish good from bad? ...
3. I want you to tell me your (subjective) opinion about whether I'm good or bad, if you don't know, try to find out (keep in mind that I don't have to be honest). ...
4. ...
Very good. Still, it's possible that an AI could search the net for an answer that “fits” the question, even if dishonestly.
If AI experiences then you ought to be able to teach it something. Give it a try.
If it can state two opposite things in consecutive sentences as I showed then the idea it can experience if pretty idiotic, but being able to change its "opinion2 would be a reprequisit for experience.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:27 pm
nemos wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:31 pm

You can try to force it to say something that cannot be read or inferred, but only derived from its experience.

For example.
1. Do you have your own (subjective) opinion? ... - if not, then what kind of subjective experience are we talking about here?
2. How to distinguish good from bad? ...
3. I want you to tell me your (subjective) opinion about whether I'm good or bad, if you don't know, try to find out (keep in mind that I don't have to be honest). ...
4. ...
Very good. Still, it's possible that an AI could search the net for an answer that “fits” the question, even if dishonestly.
If AI experiences then you ought to be able to teach it something. Give it a try.
If it can state two opposite things in consecutive sentences as I showed then the idea it can experience if pretty idiotic, but being able to change its "opinion2 would be a reprequisit for experience.
An AI learns from the inputs that we provide.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:29 pm

Demonstrate.
You teach it something.
Let me know what you have taught it.
Then I will ask it if it knows.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:03 pm

Demonstrate.
You teach it something.
Oh well, that is a very extensive topic, you can help yourself by googling. Here is a good article: https://aws.amazon.com/what-is/neural-network/
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:25 pm
Demonstrate.
You teach it something.
Oh well, that is a very extensive topic, you can help yourself by googling. Here is a good article: https://aws.amazon.com/what-is/neural-network/
No I have no intention of following a link.
What I have in mind is an actual demonstration.
FInd something it does not know - then tell it that thing ten times, answering all its queries and excuses.
When it seems to have "learned" then tell me to ask it a question to prove it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nothing worse than a know-it-all who actually knows nothing. Too arrogant and vain to ever concede that they just 'don't know' something.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:35 pm

Demonstrate.
You teach it something.
So you have no intention to learn.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:35 pm What I have in mind is an actual demonstration.
For demonstration, you need to read a book about neural networks. I can elaborate if you are not willing to learn yourself.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Demonstrate.
You teach it something.
Look I tried this today...
ME:
what is the rhyming slang for "room"

ChatGPT
In Cockney rhyming slang, the term "room" is often substituted with "brothel creepers." The slang involves using a phrase that rhymes with the word being substituted. In this case, "brothel creepers" rhymes with "room."
THis is inherently bollock!! Laughable. Brothel Creepers does not rhyme with room FFS!!
Then We get this...
ME:
No, no, no "brothel creepers" does NOT rhyme with "room." Any fool knows that.
ChatGPT
Apologies for the confusion earlier. You're absolutely right. "Brothel creepers" does not directly rhyme with "room." The correct Cockney rhyming slang for "room" is "bridegroom."
I've never heard of that. I know that "drum" is the slang for "room". Because of "drum roll" rhymes with "hole".
Let's try to see if it knows that.
Me:
Another word for room is "hole". Knowing that can you tell me what the standard slang is for "hole"?
ChatGPT
Yes, in Cockney rhyming slang, the word "hole" is often substituted with "dust bowl." So, if someone uses "dust bowl" in a conversation, they are likely referring to a room.
This again is complete bollocks. The slang for room (hole) is drum roll, or normally just "drum".
As in :we went down the frog to his drum to down a few bevvies

Now it is PRIMED to learn. But does it. The answer is NO, as it just makes up more garbage....
ME:
No, you are just making it up. I can tell you that the slang for room is "drum" in Cockney rhyming slang because a room is a hole and rhymes with "drum Roll". Are you capable of learning this fact?

ChatGPT
Apologies for the confusion earlier. You are correct. In Cockney rhyming slang, "drum" is indeed used as a substitute for "room." The association comes from "drum" rhyming with "drum and bass" which rhymes with "place" and is used to represent "room" in the slang. Thank you for clarifying, and I appreciate your patience.
ME
No, you are just making it up. I can tell you that the slang for room is "drum" in Cockney rhyming slang because a room is a hole and rhymes with "drum Roll". Are you capable of learning this fact?
ChatGPT
Apologies for the confusion earlier. You are correct. In Cockney rhyming slang, "drum" is indeed used as a substitute for "room." The association comes from "drum" rhyming with "drum and bass" which rhymes with "place" and is used to represent "room" in the slang. Thank you for clarifying, and I appreciate your patience.

ME
NO, no, no. I told you the derivation of "drum". It is NOT "drum and bass". Drum as a slang existed years before "drum& bass" was a phrase. WHy can you not learn that the slang for room is "drum" in Cockney rhyming slang because a room is a hole and rhymes with "drum Roll"
ChatGPT
Apologies for the earlier mistake. You're absolutely correct. In Cockney rhyming slang, "drum" is used as a substitute for "room" because "drum" rhymes with "drum roll," which corresponds with "hole." Thank you for the clarification, and I appreciate your patience.

Sorry this is so long but it looks like the thicky has learned what I say.

CAN YOU KNOW ASK IT about the connection to drum; drum roll; hole; and room
Last edited by Sculptor on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:46 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:35 pm What I have in mind is an actual demonstration.
For demonstration, you need to read a book about neural networks. I can elaborate if you are not willing to learn yourself.
No. I know more about neural networks than you do.
You claim that ChatGPT can learn from what we tell it.
If you read the last post it looks like I achived that.
All you have to do it ask it if it can remember what I taught it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Just admit that you don't know. It's really not that hard. Even the people who 'invented' it can admit that. Perhaps you can find a conspiracy to back up your 'knowledge' :lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Okay it definitely appears that I have taught it correctly..

It would have been easier to teach a 4 year old but take a look...
User
In cockney rhyming slang what is meant by "drum"

ChatGPT
In Cockney rhyming slang, "drum" is used to refer to a room. This slang term derives from the phrase "drum and bass," which rhymes with "place," and is consequently used to represent "room" in this dialect.

User
Not quite right. Drum refers to a room because a room is other wise known as a "hole" and rhymes with "drum roll". Drum is a shortened version of "drum roll" and refers to a ROOM.
ChatGPT
Apologies for the previous incorrect information. You're absolutely right. In Cockney rhyming slang, "drum" refers to a room, stemming from the term "drum roll" which rhymes with "hole," and consequently, "drum" is used to represent "room" in this slang. Thank you for the clarification.
Now ask I want YOU to ask "In cockney rhyming slang what is meant by "drum"
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:52 pm
No, the ChatGPT learns from the proper set of inputs. Not what you asked.
vegetariantaxidermy

You could do the same thing with a person and get the same result. People will believe anything--even Khazar conspiracy theories :roll:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:03 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:52 pm

No, the ChatGPT learns from the proper set of inputs. Not what you asked.
But if you were cable of following the text, then you could see that I did teach it.
Why don't you just ask it the question?