The Beauty of a Scenery is Man-Made, not God-Made

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

seeds

Re: The Beauty of a Scenery is Man-Made, not God-Made

Post by seeds »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:54 am
seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:23 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:13 am
Do you understand what is the meaning of 'subjectivity' in the philosophical sense?
Well, seeing how I am suggesting that literally everything we experience...

(be it the phenomenal features of our thoughts and dreams, or the phenomenal features of the universe)

...is - in one way or another - a product of subjectivity (i.e., a product of the inner-workings of someone's mind),...

...then I'm pretty sure I have a better understanding of what the term entails than you do.

Look, V, you could instantly put this whole perennial debate to rest.

Indeed, all you have to do to prove me wrong is stop ignoring the crucial point I have been making in my two prior posts and provide a truly logical explanation as to how this...

...was transformed into this...

The key words are "truly logical."

Which means that the utterly ridiculous notion that it's all a product of chance will get you a bum's rush out the door...
_______
1. Suggest you read up Constructivism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construct ... f_science)
This is about the knowledge re Constructivism.
Good grief, do you even read the articles you recommend?

The following is from the very first paragraph of the Wiki article:
According to constructivists,...the world is independent of human minds,...
Doesn't that completely contradict one of your main assertions?

The article goes on to say what I assume is the point you are attempting to get at...
...knowledge of the world is always a human and social construction...
Seriously V?

Is that supposed to be some sort of profound revelation? -> That humans "construct" ideas about the world which then forms their overall "knowledge" (epistemology) of how they believe the world works?

Thank you, Mr. Obvious.

(Continued in next post)
_______
seeds

Post by seeds »

_______

(Continued from prior post)
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:04 am Another rational explanation.

You are familiar with this image;
Well, seeing how I began using a better version of that image, this...

...in a thread I created at least as far back as 2018, then thank you once again, Mr. Obvious.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:04 am Try this with deeper reflective thinking.
So says the glaze to the clay (for those with any sense of what's really going on here :wink:).
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:04 am I presumed you are agree,
1. scientifically [human-based scientific FSK] the Universe began with the Big Bang with a bust of particles expanding in all direction; like the above image with no specific pattern of things.
2. Then the particles got together to form denser clusters or bundles of particles.
3. The process has been going for 13.7 billions years with denser and denser clusters or bundles of particles up the present.
4. Around 3.5 billions years ago, the first one-celled animals emerged. Do you think they perceived these dense clusters as stars in a sky. No, No, No..
And there you have it...

Behold the tremendous leap that occurred between point's 3 and 4.

Point number 4 is founded upon the utterly absurd assumption that those "...denser and denser clusters of particles..." mentioned in point number 3, without any way of consciously "knowing" what they were creating,...

...were nevertheless somehow able to blindly arrange themselves into the highly correlated patterns of coded information that underpins and delineates the infinitely diverse phenomenal features of the absolute perfect (solar powered) "system" and setting, again, this...

...upon which those "...first one-celled animals..." could then magically emerge* from the fabric of the setting to begin evolving into higher forms of life on the setting's surface, which, again, was somehow "fully-equipped" with everything the one-celled creatures would need to evolve into us humans.

Again, "only an idiot" could believe such nonsense.
* As if the sudden introduction of the essence of "life" into this scenario was simply another one of those "givens" that needs no explanation. :roll:
My goodness, how many times do I have to upload this cartoon...

...before naïve apologists for materialism (like you), finally understand its clear and simple meaning?

Or, again, this...
“Modern science is based on the principle ‘Give us one free miracle and we’ll explain the rest.’ The ‘one free miracle’ is the appearance of all the mass and energy in the universe and all the laws that govern it in a single instant from nothing.” — TERENCE MCKENNA
I'm sorry little V, but just as I presumed would happen, you have completely failed to give a "truly logical" explanation as to how this...

...transformed itself into this...

Therefore,...

...and don't come back until you have reached a level of consciousness that will allow you to sit at the adult table of philosophical discourse.
_______
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

seeds wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 pm _______

_______
that's more than 3.14

(Protagoras was here)

-Imp
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

seeds wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:17 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:54 am 1. Suggest you read up Constructivism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construct ... f_science)
This is about the knowledge re Constructivism.
Good grief, do you even read the articles you recommend?

The following is from the very first paragraph of the Wiki article:
According to constructivists,...the world is independent of human minds,...
Doesn't that completely contradict one of your main assertions?

The article goes on to say what I assume is the point you are attempting to get at...
...knowledge of the world is always a human and social construction...
Seriously V?

Is that supposed to be some sort of profound revelation? -> That humans "construct" ideas about the world which then forms their overall "knowledge" (epistemology) of how they believe the world works?
_______
OK, I was a bit hasty.
There are many forms of Constructivism.
If you read the whole article you would have come across radical constructivism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construct ... tructivism
Radical Constructivism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_constructivism
Veritas Aequitas

seeds wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:19 pm
1. scientifically [human-based scientific FSK] the Universe began with the Big Bang with a bust of particles expanding in all direction; like the above image with no specific pattern of things.
2. Then the particles got together to form denser clusters or bundles of particles.
3. The process has been going for 13.7 billions years with denser and denser clusters or bundles of particles up the present.
4. Around 3.5 billions years ago, the first one-celled animals emerged. Do you think they perceived these dense clusters as stars in a sky. No, No, No..
And there you have it...

Point number 4 is founded upon the utterly absurd assumption that those "...denser and denser clusters of particles..." mentioned in point number 3, without any way of consciously "knowing" what they were creating,...
It is common knowledge with the Theory of the Big Bang, the particles that exploded initially, subsequently, some went apart and some got together and became denser and denser clusters, which the human minds [in 2023 and earlier] perceived as galaxies, stars and physical things.
...were nevertheless somehow able to blindly arrange themselves into the highly correlated patterns of coded information that underpins and delineates the infinitely diverse phenomenal features of the absolute perfect (solar powered) "system" and setting, again, this...
You are imposing your human conditions [anthropomorphic] when you use "blindly arrange".
The fact is the original particles just got together via the original forces from the original Big Bang, not from your illusory intelligent being.
What you perceive [as things] at present is constructed anthropomorphic via evolution.
The point is underlying these things are still the original particles in denser clusters / bundles or in great distance apart.

Analogy:
It is just like ice-pieces coagulating [H20 molecules getting denser] from ice water.
When heat is added to water, the H20 molecules spread out as steam.
But fundamentally, what are the basic things are the H20 molecules which are 'constant' but changes their formation with different conditions.

It is the same with the original soup of particles [re the noise image] from the Big Bang, some spread out and some coagulated in denser and denser cluster driven the original forces of the Big Bang that is still driving the expansion of the universe at present.

Critical:
The concept of Big Bang and the resulting particles as in the above image is also constructed anthropomorphically.

Here is the missing argument;
  • 1. Whatever is real is conditioned upon a specific human-based FSK.
    2. Whatever is human-based is subjective on a collective-of-subject basis, i.e. intersubjective.
    3. Therefore, a FSK is fundamentally subjective, i.e. intersubjective.
    4. As such, whatever of a FSK cannot be a realist's claim, i.e. absolutely human-independent [or mind independent]
In the above argument 1-9, note 1;
  • 1. scientifically [human-based scientific FSK] the Universe began with the Big Bang with a bust of particles expanding in all direction; like the above image with no specific pattern of things.
Since 1 is FSK-based, therefore it follows, the conclusion 9 is fundamentally subjective i.e. intersubjective.
As such, the above cannot be a realist's claim, i.e. absolutely human-independent [or mind independent].
The whole issue is ultimately man-made not god-made.
...upon which those "...first one-celled animals..." could then magically emerge* from the fabric of the setting to begin evolving into higher forms of life on the setting's surface, which, again, was somehow "fully-equipped" with everything the one-celled creatures would need to evolve into us humans.

Again, "only an idiot" could believe such nonsense.
* As if the sudden introduction of the essence of "life" into this scenario was simply another one of those "givens" that needs no explanation. :roll:
It is not the making of some ultimate intelligence but rather the powerful forces of the original anthropomorphized [human made] Big Bang that is driving, spreading and coagulating the particles in varied distributions.
Like the H20 molecules in the water-analogy, the particles remain the ultimate constant substance underlying all the varying pattern that human perceived via evolution.
All other animals would have response cognitively in different ways to the same particles [re the noise image above] of the BB from their specific conditions; e.g. bat and germs do not perceive the same particles differently.

Surely you will not deny, whatever [ALL] that is existing physically is reducible to atoms, electrons, quarks and particles from the original BB.
Whatever that happens and is existing at present is driven by the forces of the BB, not by your supposed agent.

I see you are going psychotic into an emotional spin with those irrelevant posts [they are done to soothe your psychological trauma like a toddler throwing his toys around]; that is typical of your type, soon you will go crazy and not be able to rationalize.

I thought you had turned over as a new leaf, but yuck.. enough of you for me, so fuck off.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:29 am
seeds wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:19 pm
And there you have it...

You are imposing your human conditions [anthropomorphic] when you use "blindly arrange".
Baloney, V.

All I am doing is simply pointing out the incredulous implications of hardcore materialism's "chance hypothesis."
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:29 am The fact is the original particles just got together via the original forces from the original Big Bang, not from your illusory intelligent being.
And there you go again, without any attempt (as a "philosopher") to personally analyze the dubious implications of a theory in order to determine if there is anything "fishy" about it,...

...you simply go along with some naïve and childlike vision of what the blind and mindless (post-Bang) particles allegedly did after they "got together."

In which case, just as the professor in the cartoon...

...wants the theorist to be more explicit regarding the "miracle" that took place in step number two, likewise, you need to be more explicit about the "miracles" that must have taken place in (coincidentally) step number two in your little list at the top of this post).
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:29 am What you perceive [as things] at present is constructed anthropomorphic via evolution.
Are you really as thick as that repeated assertion implies?

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that there would be no evolution were it not for the pre-existence of this fantastically ordered setting...

...upon which evolution could do its thing?

Oh wait, I forgot, the unthinkable level of order implicit in the above image is because at some point in the past, random particles "got together" and without any possible way of knowing what they were actually creating, nevertheless, somehow managed to create this...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:29 am Surely you will not deny, whatever [ALL] that is existing physically is reducible to atoms, electrons, quarks and particles from the original BB.
If you are talking about the substance that, just like the substance that composes our thoughts and dreams, seems to be capable of being formed into absolutely anything "imaginable"...

(again, take the near infinite features of the universe, for example)

...then no, I do not deny that the "physical" features of the universe are reducible to said substance.

However, I'm not sure that the same can be said about the "substance" from which life, mind, and especially the thinker of thoughts and the dreamer of dreams are derived.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:29 am I see you are going psychotic into an emotional spin with those irrelevant posts [they are done to soothe your psychological trauma like a toddler throwing his toys around]; that is typical of your type, soon you will go crazy and not be able to rationalize.
I see nothing but "projections" in that reply.

According to Psychology Today...
Projection is the process of displacing one’s feelings onto a different person, animal, or object. The term is most commonly used to describe defensive projection—attributing one’s own unacceptable urges to another....Unconscious discomfort can lead people to attribute unacceptable feelings or impulses to someone else to avoid confronting them. Projection allows the difficult trait to be addressed without the individual fully recognizing it in themselves.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:29 am I thought you had turned over as a new leaf, but yuck.. enough of you for me, so fuck off.
Now, now, little V, do you kiss your loved ones with that filthy mouth?

You need to grow up and learn how to take your "left, right, and center bashings" like a man.
_______
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Seeds… a question for you…are the other 7 planets inhabited by life forms like earth is?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:09 pm Seeds… a question for you…are the other 7 planets inhabited by life forms like earth is?
Is this a trick question? :D

I'm not sure why you would think that I would know such a thing.

Anyway, considering some of the strange creatures living at the bottom of the oceans, then I certainly wouldn't rule out something strange lurking beneath the frozen waters of the moons of Saturn or Jupiter, to name a few possible places.

On the other hand, seeing how I believe that the universe is the mind of a higher consciousness, and that literally everything throughout the entire universe, from the fusion cores of the stars, right down to this plastic keyboard I am typing on is imbued with the life essence of this higher consciousness,...

...then that means that those 7 planets themselves are literally alive.

Not in any sentient way, but alive in the same way that your own inward mental images of those 7 planets are alive because they are imbued with your own life essence.

Furthermore, the speculative notion that literally everything throughout the universe is imbued with the essence of life, means that it is quite possible that the life that is present within the fabric of all matter could find all kinds of unique ways of emerging in hostile environments in events of "abiogenesis" that somehow work within those environments.

Which brings me back to why I would not rule out the possibility of life forms existing on the moons of Saturn and Jupiter or somewhere on the planets themselves.

Why do you ask, and what's your answer to the question?
_______
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:35 am You are an idiot [of low intelligence] here for being ignorant you are entrapped into an illusion via evolution.

The awe of beauty of the above scenery [illusory ]is man-made not God-made.

I don't think other animals see a different size moon or sun at dawn or sunset from that at noon.

You [Seed] is THE idiot in thinking others are idiots.

Discuss?? Views??
So, you assert it is evolutionary and that animals don't see it that way. So, humans are the species with this illusion. Why wasn't it useful for other species or a biproduct of something useful for other species? What makes you think animals don't see this illusion?

We know that other animals see other illusions, why not this one?
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anim ... k%20others.
Veritas Aequitas

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:08 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:35 am You are an idiot [of low intelligence] here for being ignorant you are entrapped into an illusion via evolution.

I don't think other animals see a different size moon or sun at dawn or sunset from that at noon.

Discuss?? Views??
So, you assert it is evolutionary and that animals don't see it that way. So, humans are the species with this illusion. Why wasn't it useful for other species or a biproduct of something useful for other species? What makes you think animals don't see this illusion?

I stated I believe animals do not see the same "moon-illusion" like humans.
I did not state animals do not see optical illusions at all, I have seen where certain animals reacts to certain optical illusions.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

seeds wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:43 am the reason why I insist that God is "really real" is because 53 years ago, I had a direct - one-on-one - (burning bush-like) encounter with an incorporeal entity who made it quite clear to me that the universe is its mind, and that it possessed willful control over the material fabric of my body and the room where this encounter took place.
Cool. How did that experience impact/change you? Have you had more follow-on experiences... or do you feel like you're channeling it?

I still find it strange when people refer to God as if it is one understood thing, when there are actually countless varying interpretations. You know what I mean?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:38 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:08 am

Discuss?? Views??

I did not state animals do not see optical illusions at all, I have seen where certain animals reacts to certain optical illusions.
So, you repeated your position and added that animals react to certain optical illusions.
You decided not to justify your claim that other animals don't see the moon illusion. My pointing out that they see other illusions was to point out that they can see some illusions. So, what is your evidence they can't see the moon illusion.
Then also, if it is of some evolutionary benefit, or the side effect of something in humans that is beneficial, why wouldn't other animals have it, especially when you are labelling it evolutionary? as asked in my previous post.

You seem sure it is evolutionary, but only in humans.
Veritas Aequitas

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:59 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:38 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:08 am So, you assert it is evolutionary and that animals don't see it that way. So, humans are the species with this illusion. Why wasn't it useful for other species or a biproduct of something useful for other species? What makes you think animals don't see this illusion?

So, you repeated your position and added that animals react to certain optical illusions.
You decided not to justify your claim that other animals don't see the moon illusion. My pointing out that they see other illusions was to point out that they can see some illusions. So, what is your evidence they can't see the moon illusion.
Then also, if it is of some evolutionary benefit, or the side effect of something in humans that is beneficial, why wouldn't other animals have it, especially when you are labelling it evolutionary? as asked in my previous post.

You seem sure it is evolutionary, but only in humans.
Do you think other non-human animals like bats, fishes, dolphins will cognize the moon-illusions like humans do?
In principle will bacteria, insects and others non-human living things will cognize the moon-illusion like humans do?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:18 am Do you think other non-human animals like bats, fishes, dolphins will cognize the moon-illusions like humans do?
And now you are trying to shift the onus to me. You made an assertion. I am challenging it. This appeal to incredulity and expecting me to now defend a position rather than defending your own position is confused.

If you have no real justification for you assertion, then just say so. Challenging your assumption does not mean I need to defend the opposite assumption. I could, for example, be unconvinced of both assertions, yours and someone saying animals do see the Moon illusion. Which, in fact is the case. I don't see either side, so far, having demonstrated what animals see or don't on this issue.

And then adding in bacteria was just distraction.

Do you understand these basic things about philosophical discussions.

If you assert X and I challenge this and ask for justification it does not entail I must believe the opposite of X.

And even if I did, my not being able to demonstrate the opposite of X, does not mean your position is justified.

That's basic stuff. Your certainly not the only person who seems to be confused about this, but you do seem confused about this.

So, do you have any justification or shall I expect more distraction.
Veritas Aequitas

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:35 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:18 am Do you think other non-human animals like bats, fishes, dolphins will cognize the moon-illusions like humans do?
And now you are trying to shift the onus to me. You made an assertion. I am challenging it. This appeal to incredulity and expecting me to now defend a position rather than defending your own position is confused.

If you have no real justification for you assertion, then just say so. Challenging your assumption does not mean I need to defend the opposite assumption. I could, for example, be unconvinced of both assertions, yours and someone saying animals do see the Moon illusion. Which, in fact is the case. I don't see either side, so far, having demonstrated what animals see or don't on this issue.

And then adding in bacteria was just distraction.

Do you understand these basic things about philosophical discussions.

If you assert X and I challenge this and ask for justification it does not entail I must believe the opposite of X.

And even if I did, my not being able to demonstrate the opposite of X, does not mean your position is justified.

That's basic stuff. Your certainly not the only person who seems to be confused about this, but you do seem confused about this.

So, do you have any justification or shall I expect more distraction.
My original to Seed was;

In the above I was merely referring to "animals" generally and hastily.
Since I mentioned "man-made" my intention was the opposite i.e. non-man, non-humans.
Since you challenged, I have to be serious to state what I really intended to mean, i.e. all living things that are non-humans [which is my original intention].

Since I am aware not all animals cognize exactly the same illusions as humans, I stated "I don't think .." and not implying "I am certain .." in which case I will have to justify.
In any case, this is a very petty point.

My main point is: