Atheism Requires Justification Too

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

LuckyR

Re: Atheism Requires Justification Too

Post by LuckyR »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:36 am
LuckyR wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:56 am
Not interested in YouTube videos, though I am interested in your opinion on YouTube videos (and why you have that opinion).
Not interested in chatting to people who are not interested in the opinions of those people who choose to create their own Youtube videos to voice their opinions.

Bye.
Ah so, I didn't know the video WAS your opinion (there being zero description). Pardon me. Therefore I'll give it the appropriate attention I always give to posts that take one hour and 17 minutes to consume.

Apologies.
Immanuel Can

Re: Atheism Requires Justification Too

Post by Immanuel Can »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:17 pm INteresting video.

I suppose in general I don't think either position or any of the positions require justification, unless you expect to convince someone.

One can just putter alone believing or not believing.

You want to convince someone, well suddenly there are hoops.
That's right. It's obviously the case.

If one wishes to be an Atheist and assert no more than, "I don't personally know any gods," then it's perfectly honest and reasonable...and very probably, true.

It's when the Atheist wants to say, "I don't know any gods, and you can't know any either," that he's no longer free from the duty to provide warrant for his assertion.

So, "Which sort of Atheism is being asserted here," always becomes the relevant question.