If I was a moderator on this forum...

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: If I was a moderator on this forum...

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:35 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:14 am This site basically has no moderation anymore.

I think there should be some polling system setup where we can vote for blocks/bans.

There should be a hard coded limit to how many threads anyone can create in a set period. I think 3 threads/mth for anyone should be enough - that would screw dataswami ...and DAM when she is feeling thread spammy!
Or, if you start more than three threads in a month, the website starts spamming your email address. It generates new email addresses to send from so it can't be blocked.

Or, if you start more than 3 threads that no one responds to in a month your posts appeared as blocked posts - as if everyone had chosen to foe/block you - for one month.

If you post more than 3 threads but these are all are very active - like burning threads in other forums - then you get a little prize.
'you', people, here speak like if or when you buy a magazine or book that you then HAVE TO read absolutely EVERY word in it.

For your information, you do NOT HAVE TO read ALL of the posts written in this forum.

If you do NOT want to read some posts or someone's posts, then just do NOT DO it. AGAIN, VERY SIMPLE, REALLY.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:40 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:14 am This site basically has no moderation anymore.

I think there should be some polling system setup where we can vote for blocks/bans.

There should be a hard coded limit to how many threads anyone can create in a set period. I think 3 threads/mth for anyone should be enough - that would screw dataswami ...and DAM when she is feeling thread spammy!
I think those are reasonable ideas. Might it make people more responsible and balanced if they knew their peers could vote them into the penalty box? It would need to require enough votes... maybe 5... to demonstrate a significant shared response.
Alas, ANOTHER 'religion' becomes formed, where ONLY 'those' of the SAME thinking and the SAME beliefs are ALLOWED to REMAIN, and ALLOWED to speak.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:40 am Meanwhile, it looks like Age is still going off. So easy to wind him up and watch him go! Very helpful of him to prove my point so effectively.
LOL

And what WAS your POINT. That I might WRITE MORE than 'you' and/or "others" do.

I will be the FIRST to AGREE WITH this and ACCEPT this.

BUT, SO WHAT?

Or, did you think you had some OTHER POINT here?

If yes, then what WAS 'that' EXACTLY?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:58 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:31 am I can hear his 'voice', his conclusions, questions marks and assumptions,
like sparks from an angle grinder in the darkness,
just from seeing the these tidy little clumps of blocked posts.
Yes, it's always the same, so there's really no reason to wade through it. If he really had something of value to say, he would just say it instead of continually telling people what he thinks they can't see or understand. Who cares? We all see and understand a great deal from various perspectives.
Spouse: It feels like you are interrogating me.
A: What do 'you' 'mean' by THE word 'interrogate' and how do you KNOW this is related to 'my' behavior?
Spouse: Aaaaaagh....
A: All you need to do is say "When you ask me that question, I feel frustrated" and in a neutral informative voice, otherwise it is unlovely. Keep the emotions out of your voice.
Spouse: Can't you see what you are doing?
A: 'i' am not 'doing' ANYTHING. And if 'I' is doing something IT cannot be a PROBLEM because 'I' is the capital letter SELF which is infallible.
Spouse: [opens window]That's it, I'm jumping.
A: You see this is PROOF that you are making ASSUMPTIONS about what is happening. You 'humans'.....
[sounds of an impact on a car roof]
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:31 am I can hear his 'voice', his conclusions, questions marks and assumptions,
Yes, it's always the same, so there's really no reason to wade through it. If he really had something of value to say, he would just say it instead of continually telling people what he thinks they can't see or understand.
I SPEAK and WRITE the WAY I DO here for a VERY SPECIFIC REASON.

I SAY 'things' to SEE who has ANY CURIOSITY LEFT.

I am NOT here to TELL "others" ANY 'thing' as though what I SAY is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH like 'you' DO, "lacewing".

Also, YOUR ASSUMPTION here, ONCE AGAIN, is ABSOLUTELY Wrong AND Incorrect.

WHEN will 'you' STOP MAKING these CONTINUAL Wrong ASSUMPTIONS here?
Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:58 am Who cares?
THANK YOU "lacewing".

This was the VERY POINT that I have been MAKING, and have been WAITING for some one to PROVE True, by "their" OWN 'self'.

See, these adult human beings, back in the days when this was being written, REALLY DID NOT CARE what "others" thought, ESPECIALLY when 'those thoughts' did NOT ALIGN with "their" OWN BELIEFS.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:58 am We all see and understand a great deal from various perspectives.
Yes. And we ALL KNOW that what you SEE, UNDERSTAND, and BELIEVE IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE "lacewing" is that, to you, 'There is NO one truth'.

We can ALL SEE and UNDERSTAND that you HAVE, HOLD ONTO, and ARE STUCK IN and OF this BELIEF of YOURS, from your OWN PERSPECTIVE of 'things'.

Oh, and by the was, WHO CARES are the ONES who still HAVE CURIOSITY, and WHO can ACTUALLY SEE THROUGH the DECEPTION, the DISTORTION, and the LIES here.
Last edited by Age on Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

While I was writing my previous post, Data Swarm started 3 new threads.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:12 am
Yes, it's always the same, so there's really no reason to wade through it. If he really had something of value to say, he would just say it instead of continually telling people what he thinks they can't see or understand. Who cares? We all see and understand a great deal from various perspectives.
Spouse: It feels like you are interrogating me.
A: What do 'you' 'mean' by THE word 'interrogate' and how do you KNOW this is related to 'my' behavior?
Spouse: Aaaaaagh....
A: All you need to do is say "When you ask me that question, I feel frustrated" and in a neutral informative voice, otherwise it is unlovely. Keep the emotions out of your voice.
Spouse: Can't you see what you are doing?
A: 'i' am not 'doing' ANYTHING. And if 'I' is doing something IT cannot be a PROBLEM because 'I' is the capital letter SELF which is infallible.
Spouse: [opens window]That's it, I'm jumping.
A: You see this is PROOF that you are making ASSUMPTIONS about what is happening. You 'humans'.....
[sounds of an impact on a car roof]
And here is the IRREFUTABLE PROOF that this has NOT been LISTENING AT ALL.

Post by Age »

Some of these people SAY and CLAIM, 'I am NOT reading what you write EVER AGAIN'. But, they just can NOT STOP "themselves", and then 'they' can NOT STOP "themselves" talking ABOUT me.

'They' do NOT have the ABILITY to CHALLENGE me DIRECTLY, but they will almost constantly talk ABOUT me.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:43 am Some of these people SAY and CLAIM, 'I am NOT reading what you write EVER AGAIN'.
Have you got quotes to prove that? In your own words, ShoW ME ExACTly wHERE thEY WROTE those Exact words.

Most people probably just do the same as me and read about 1 in a hundred of your writings. Nobody's life is sad enough to read the whole lot.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am
Age wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:43 am Some of these people SAY and CLAIM, 'I am NOT reading what you write EVER AGAIN'.
Have you got quotes to prove that? In your own words, ShoW ME ExACTly wHERE thEY WROTE those Exact words.

Most people probably just do the same as me and read about 1 in a hundred of your writings. Nobody's life is sad enough to read the whole lot.
1/100? I think you are being generous.

Post by Age »

Have you got quotes to prove that?
Yes.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am In your own words, ShoW ME ExACTly wHERE thEY WROTE those Exact words.
1. I do NOT write like 'this' here.

2. WHY am I EXPECTED to do what "others" will NOT do here?

3. I have interacted enough with you Age for my interest. So, it does not matter what you say to me from here on out. I will not read it. This is the absolute truth about my future behavior. Page five of the 'Bots' thread, ninth post down, first four sentences, of the second last paragraph. This is, if I am NOT MISTAKEN here.

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am Most people probably just do the same as me and read about 1 in a hundred of your writings. Nobody's life is sad enough to read the whole lot.
But this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with what I just SAID and WROTE, which you QUOTED here.

AND, most people probably do the same as me here and NOT read ALL of what you write. Now is this because NO one's life is sad enough to read the whole lot of what you write either?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:00 am

YET, how much of this forum actually is talking ABOUT 'me'.

I suggest 'you', posters, MOVE ALONG and LOOK FOR and FIND the DISCREPANCIES in the ACTUAL WORDS that are written instead.

BUT, please feel FREE to carry on as 'you', posters, are here, if 'you' think or believe that doing so is serving 'you' WELL.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:35 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:00 am

YET, how much of this forum actually is talking ABOUT 'me'.

I suggest 'you', posters, MOVE ALONG and LOOK FOR and FIND the DISCREPANCIES in the ACTUAL WORDS that are written instead.

BUT, please feel FREE to carry on as 'you', posters, are here, if 'you' think or believe that doing so is serving 'you' WELL.
The FACT that you don't understand the REASON that we are talking about YOU should at least set of some ALARM BELLS in your head.

WE are NOT talking ABOUT you BECAUSE we THINK you ARE very INTELLIGENT - it IS in FACT the OPPOSITE.

WE are TALKING about YOU because YOU are so RIDICULOUS...do you UNDERSTAND?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

nah they should just be quarantined and restricted to posting in a certain forum or only in threads they start.

but u also gotta remember that it's more trouble than it's worth for Rick or some other admin/mod to come in here and spend the time to clean up data swarmi's posts, etc. i wouldn't care either if it were my forum. Plus it's a free forum. now if u guys were paying to be here, u might have grounds to complain.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:54 pm nah they should just be quarantined and restricted to posting in a certain forum or only in threads they start.

but u also gotta remember that it's more trouble than it's worth for Rick or some other admin/mod to come in here and spend the time to clean up data swarmi's posts, etc. i wouldn't care either if it were my forum. Plus it's a free forum. now if u guys were paying to be here, u might have grounds to complain.
Me, I was suggesting some options. I don't expect Rick - didn't know his name - to do anything. But it can't hurt to ask, especially when it's fun to come of with options. Other forums do stuff that he doesn't and I don't expect them to do it. I don't pay there, but they do it. I don't know if they care and I now know that you don't care. That said, nothing wrong with giving some feedback. Lacewing wasn't rude or unpleasant in the least about suggesting something be done. The grounds for the complaint are the experiences. If she says Rick is an asshole for not doing it later when no change comes, ok, give her a guilt trip if you want.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Promethean would be next because I suspect he might be a serial killer..."

I'm not a frickin serial killer u idiot. i am a serial chiller tho. sometimes I'll spend up to three days at a time on the couch, with cooling off periods in between.