Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:15 am Are you boasting about how much money you have? How tacky.
What I am doing is demonstrating that all Philosophy is cheap talk.

Maybe Henry is right and I don't have it. Maybe I do.

He won't even take the opportunity to win $500k (if I have it) - that's how much he believes in what he says.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The way to get the ball rolling is to publicly agree to the terms and the amount of the wager. The rest is just admin/paperwork.

No, you go get me the name of an agency or lawyer, one I can verify for myself, one aware of all the relevant bits of this bet I haven't agreed to, one I can talk to a representative of. It's just paperwork, right? Ought not to be a jot of trouble to line someone up, right? Get to it. Till you do, I ain't wastin' any more time on this silliness.

As I say: bluff called.

Indeed: you can't even make good on foistin' up an agency or lawyer.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:33 am The way to get the ball rolling is to publicly agree to the terms and the amount of the wager. The rest is just admin/paperwork.

No, you go get me the name of an agency or lawyer, one I can verify for myself, one aware of all the relevant bits of this bet I haven't agreed to, one I can talk to a representative of. It's just paperwork, right? Ought not to be a jot of trouble to line someone up, right? Get to it. Till you do, I ain't wastin' any more time on this silliness.

As I say: bluff called.

Indeed: you can't even make good on foistin' up an agency or lawyer.
Free rider.

You constantly defer the cost of your bullshit to other people.

You want me to go and look for a lawyer (waste my time and money) arranging the legalities for a wager you haven't even agreed to, while you can't even utter the English sentence "I agree to the wager. Arange legalities." even though good will costs nothing.

I can't even call you a self-serving twat - you are so incompetent you continuously work against your own interests.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:15 amAre you boasting about how much money you have? How tacky.
He an't got any. If he did he'd have come with the particulars lined up. All of this is just a chain jerk.

'nuff said.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 am He an't got any. If he did he'd have come with the particulars lined up.
The particulars shall be provided to you within 72 hours of publicly saying "I agree to the wager. Arrange the particulars".

Alongside your agreement, tell me which state you are in. The lawyers + escrow people will need this to confirm they can accomodate the legalities around our geographical disparity.

As a gesture of good will, I will donate $100 to any charity of Henry's choosing right now (even though we all suspect Henry "The Back Pedal" Quirk won't reciprocate)
JackWhite

Post by JackWhite »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:20 pm
JackWhite wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:28 pm It's clear that everyone should be vaccinated. It's just safe to live with it. We have statics that confirms this fact.
No. It's clear a man's self-possession isn't up for negotiation or dismissal even in the midst of a pandemic (which we are not).

To be jabbed or not: that's the call of the individual, not the State or the society.
Of course, it is. But there is a reality which you can't deny. And reality says that to be vaccinated is a safe way to exist right now :D
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

JackWhite wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:31 pm
JackWhite wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:28 pm It's clear that everyone should be vaccinated. It's just safe to live with it. We have statics that confirms this fact.
No. It's clear a man's self-possession isn't up for negotiation or dismissal even in the midst of a pandemic (which we are not).

To be jabbed or not: that's the call of the individual, not the State or the society.
Of course, it is. But there is a reality which you can't deny. And reality says that to be vaccinated is a safe way to exist right now :D
People like Henry Quirk live in a different reality, one where the majority of experiencers of the world are not vaccinated, because they believe that the State has not the right to interfere with their individual ownness.

Reality may be described as whatever the majority of experiencers agree on. The majority in the US is vaccinated, because they believe vaccination is the best option. The reality is that the State v individuals is a political matter and has nothing to do with a health matter.

People like that one cannot accept the reality of the majority. They cannot accept reality. They are out of touch with reality. There’s a medical name for that situation: psychopathy.

Those who are like that believe that the majority is out of touch with reality. They boldly present straw man arguments, false dichotomies and boldface denials of what the majority of others recognize as reality.

They cannot be protected from themselves.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

JackWhite wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:31 pm

I think, when it's all said and done, you'll find out it was just the opposite.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

People like Henry Quirk live in a different reality, one where the majority of experiencers of the world are not vaccinated, because they believe that the State has not the right to interfere with their individual ownness.

Amazing. After all I posted in just this thread, and that's your take away.

The majority in the US is vaccinated,

You know this how? Who told you this is so?

Oh, my: you're just a hop, skip, and jump from dubious's position of send 'em all to a camp and let 'em die, aren't ya.

Disappointing.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:41 pm Oh, my: you're just a hop, skip, and jump from dubious's position of send 'em all to a camp and let 'em die, aren't ya.
What for? "They" are killing themselves.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:42 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:41 pm Oh, my: you're just a hop, skip, and jump from dubious's position of send 'em all to a camp and let 'em die, aren't ya.
What for? "They" are killing themselves.
Ask dubious. He sez folks like me who won't mask up, lock down, or accept the jab ought to be boxcar'd to camps where we'll fend for ourselves and, hopefully, die.

Obviously, I disagree and decline to participate in his final solution.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:51 pm Ask dubious. He sez folks like me who won't mask up, lock down, or accept the jab ought to be boxcar'd to camps where we'll fend for ourselves and, hopefully, die.

Fuck that. You are already a burden on the healthcare system - I am not building you any camps with my taxes.

Die at home.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:59 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:51 pm Ask dubious. He sez folks like me who won't mask up, lock down, or accept the jab ought to be boxcar'd to camps where we'll fend for ourselves and, hopefully, die.

Fuck that. **You are already a burden on the healthcare system - I am not building you any camps with my taxes.

*Die at home.
*I probably will, many years down the road, with luck. Far more likely, though, it's the cancer that'll get me than beer virus.

**How so? I'm not in-hospital, not on the dole, so how am I currently a burden on the American health system?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:41 pm People like Henry Quirk live in a different reality, one where the majority of experiencers of the world are not vaccinated, because they believe that the State has not the right to interfere with their individual ownness.

Amazing. After all I posted in just this thread, and that's your take away.

The majority in the US is vaccinated,

You know this how? Who told you this is so?

Oh, my: you're just a hop, skip, and jump from dubious's position of send 'em all to a camp and let 'em die, aren't ya.

Disappointing.
That’s it? You have nothing better to say?

Most would agree that people like you would say what I’ve said they’d say.

Because 55.1% is larger than 44.9%

Straw man.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Henry, when you are as clever as the best scientists then you will be justified in being pig-headed.