Religion is Man- Made

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Religion is Man- Made

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:02 am The other is that it really doesn't take Hell seriously enough.
Are you for real? :? :shock:

The only time hell could be taken seriously is when people stop procreating and subjecting the unborn to it by knowingly imposing it upon them.

But the fact that people don't seem to care about hell is because they are distracted from it by believing there is such a place called heaven.

Does it ever occur to you that the horror of the daily life struggle to survive for a wild animal could have been your life.

It's only by pure chance that you are human, and that your knowledge evolved you to carve out of the carnage a fairly comfortable life, but even that's by chance, for most people their lives are anything but comfortable.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:59 am Religion is Man- Made
OF COURSE RELIGION IS MAN MADE U THREAD SPAMMING WASTE OF "PHILOSOPHY"!

Religion is construed over time, via second-third-fourth-hand source bias - need I explain that to U?

I am not here (in yet another of your attention seeking threads) for debate. WOT WOULD BE THE POINT.

Wot U need to under_stand is the difference between an intelligence behind REALITY....and MANS's religion.

DUH!!!!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Religion is construed over time, via second-third-fourth-hand source bias - need I explain that to U?

I am not here (in yet another of your attention seeking threads) for debate. WOT WOULD BE THE POINT.

Wot U need to under_stand is the difference between an intelligence behind REALITY....and MANS's religion.

DUH!!!!
Says the person who claims to speak to invisible, non-existence things, and say they speak back to him, and posts that stupid idea on this forum for attention.. :lol: You are a joke.

Have another bash at me if it makes you feel better, but doesn't change anything does it you dumb kunt.

There is no intelligence behind reality dumbo. It's as dumb as rocks, like you.

You're just another advocate for BS, which makes you evil.

So fuck off you slime ball drunk for nothing waste of space.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:45 pm

DUH!!!!
Says the person who claims to speak to invisible, non-existence things, and say they speak back to him, and posts that stupid idea on this forum for attention.. :lol: You are a joke.

Have another bash at me if it makes you feel better, but doesn't change anything does it you dumb kunt.

lol u stupid imbecilic remnant from a petri-dish
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:54 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:45 pm

DUH!!!!

lol u stupid imbecilic remnant from a petri-dish
Fuck off twat.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:58 am
Belinda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:51 am That is true what you write here Immanuel.
We are only human, so our perspectives are incomplete and sometimes irrational. No man can ever be a whole, infinite, and eternal perspective.
I agree with you in your final paragraph above. The way I'd express it is that reason and knowledge are the best indications of truth that we can humanly have. And BTW language and facility with language are only a small part of knowledge and are best described as skills.
Because religion is man-made, wouldn’t it follow that the human qualities you name transfer to, and apply to religion?
No. The founders of religions are not necessarily disinterested , whereas scientists at least try to be disinterested.
Jesus of Nazareth is reliable as a founder of the Christian-Jewish sect because Jesus stood to earn no money, power, sex, or material goods from his followers, that is to say, J was disinterested.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:19 am
Age wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:00 am
AlexW wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:05 am
No, thats not actually true.
There is a "state" of pure consciousness where there is no one left to be conscious of anything - and, there is also no thing to be conscious of - yet, there still is "consciousness" - but it is without any opposite.
This "state" could be compared to deep sleep, yet without "loosing" consciousness - there are no sense impression, there is no thought, yet consciousness is.
Once this "state" has been experienced it is perfectly clear that consciousness does not belong to a thing or being (meaning: it is perfectly clear that a human being does not have its own, individual consciousness), yet, our conceptual interpretations of conscious experience seem to describe the exact opposite: "I have consciousness" is a normal statement, understood by most humans, yet, it is (at least based on the experience of pure consciousness - and when properly investigated, also for our normal waking mode of experiencing reality) not correct.
When you understand Consciousness, Itself, FULLY, then you will start to begin to EXPLAIN who and what Consciousness IS, and 'I' AM, EXACTLY?
To understand and explain what is being suggested here - would require a knower.

So the claim and belief in this 'knower' , implies 'the knower' exists because it knows it exists, and so therefore would be able to recreate itself. So if what you have stated here, is not just an assumption, but your belief Age, that consciousness can be understood and fully explained, then just try recreating ''A Consciousness''. . and when you've finnished, put this consciousness in a jar with lid firmly closed, so it doesn't escape, take a picture of it, and then post the picture on this forum, so we can all take a look at it.

We'll be waiting to see it's image, and hopefully you'll be able to share the recipe with us, just like you said previously about sharing.
HOW can ANY one take a picture and show what is INVISIBLE to the physical eye/s?

I have ALREADY INFORMED of what is INVISIBLE and what is NOT INVISIBLE.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:02 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:55 am I don't agree that "'Tis better to have loved and lost / Than never to have loved at all." It's just too sentimental, it's not in my opinion the work of rational sense, it's like saying, hurt me, hurt me, I love it, please keep doing it, I loved being repeatedly whipped, just so I get to eat a cupcake when it stops.
Not at all. It's just saying that some things hurt, but are worth the hurt. Athletes subject themselves to all kinds of pain, voluntarily, in order to get fit. They accept the cost. Women who get pregnant know they're going to get hurt as well; and they rejoice in it, because a child is coming to them. A father who is raising a child is going to get hurt by that child, because every child misbehaves; but he deems it worth it. A person starting a new business knows its going to take hours and hours of toil, and push her to the edge of bankruptcy; and yet she is excited to do it. And so on.

I think the view that says "Life is Hell" has two faults, really: one is that it badly underestimates the possible joys of life. The other is that it really doesn't take Hell seriously enough.
If only you could answer and INFORM 'us' of what 'hell' is REALLY like?

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:49 am
AlexW wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:34 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:28 am
Do you often have this experience? My Father had it before he died. It's call lewy body dementia. You really ought to see someone about it. It's fatal.
A bit strange that you can still joke about it even your father died from it…. By the way, my father died from Dementia as well… wasn’t a joking matter though… (but maybe that’s how you react when you have nothing intelligent to say… maybe better not say anything at all?)
My father's dead. He doesn't care. I lived in a family of very realistic happy individuals who regarded sentimentalism a disease. My father would have been the first to joke about his own death, as I do mine. Dementia is nasty and for those who suffer it, death is a blessing.
If one is REALLY to joke about their own death, then how could dying of dementia be, supposedly, "nasty". If one Truly jokes about their own death, and they are dying from dementia then dementia would be a 'crack up laughing good time' and NOT be "nasty" AT ALL. Dying from dementia would, literally, be a FUNNY JOKE, that is; if what you are 'trying to' CLAIM here is even somewhat true.
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:49 am There is very little difference between birth and death except at which end of life they are. Only life matters, not what is before or after it.
AlexW wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:34 am Tennyson said of his mystical experience (in a letter to the prominent 19th century physicist Professor John Tyndall), “By God Almighty! there is no delusion in the matter! It is no nebulous ecstasy, but a state of transcendent wonder, associated with absolute clearness of mind.”
And:
“the individuality itself seemed to dissolve and fade away into boundless being; and this not a confused state, but the clearest of the clearest, the surest of the surest, the weirdest of the weirdest, utterly beyond words, where death was an almost laughable impossibility, the loss of personality (if so it were) seeming no extinction, but the only true life…”

Do you think Tennyson had dementia as well?
Probably!

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:59 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:02 am The other is that it really doesn't take Hell seriously enough.
Are you for real? :? :shock:

The only time hell could be taken seriously is when people stop procreating and subjecting the unborn to it by knowingly imposing it upon them.

But the fact that people don't seem to care about hell is because they are distracted from it by believing there is such a place called heaven.
But there is a place called 'heaven'. And it is in the EXACT SAME PLACE as WHERE 'hell' IS.

It just all depends on the observer, and on how they LOOK AT and SEE things.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:59 am Does it ever occur to you that the horror of the daily life struggle to survive for a wild animal could have been your life.
How could this even be a POSSIBILITY.

What you are 'trying to' ALLUDE to could well be a POSSIBILITY. But what you are ACTUALLY SAYING, with the ACTUAL WORDS that you are using, could NOT even be a POSSIBILITY. Unless, of course, you SHOW otherwise.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:59 am It's only by pure chance that you are human, and that your knowledge evolved you to carve out of the carnage a fairly comfortable life, but even that's by chance, for most people their lives are anything but comfortable.
It is NOT by chance that 'you' are human. It is BECAUSE of the human body that 'you' became to exist.

Also, what people's lives are ANY thing but, so called, "comfortable"?

Also, if ANY one is NOT living a, so called, "comfortable" life, then this is ONLY because of 'you', adult human beings, and NOTHING ELSE.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:34 pm
You've already answered your own question dumbo.

Here >But there is a place called 'heaven'. And it is in the EXACT SAME PLACE as WHERE 'hell' IS.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:47 pm
It is NOT by chance that 'you' are human. It is BECAUSE of the human body that 'you' became to exist.
Oh really, wow, that's amazing news to me, fancy that, a human body making another human body, and not a cat body, well who'd of thought that would happen. OMG, that you had to say the bleeding obvious is hilarious. Just think, I'm a human being because I'm not a cat.

It's by chance, that I am a human, since no one can choose to be a cat or a human..think about that.
Age wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:47 pmAlso, what people's lives are ANY thing but, so called, "comfortable"?

Also, if ANY one is NOT living a, so called, "comfortable" life, then this is ONLY because of 'you', adult human beings, and NOTHING ELSE.
No, basic comfort has got nothing to do with human beings dumbo..it's to do with crude external forces bearing down on all living things...crude external forces of nature that give and take away at random the comfort that all sentient life forms seek. Stop lying and twisting points around to suit your own agenda, the agenda where you attempt to make others feel like they do not know what they are talking about. So you constantly info bomb them with your endless diatribe full of pointless bamboozle.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:51 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:29 pm
Belinda wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:23 am ...another's perspective is part of absolute truth.
Well, THAT another has a perspective cannot be denied. It is "true that they have a perspective." But that fact doesn't imply the perspective is true. For it is often manifestly the case that that perspective is errant, or even false or deluded.

A drug user who develops paranoia has a very strong "perspective." And no doubt it's "real" to him. But he may be totally deluded. The goblins and zombies he's totally convinced are chasing him may be no more than figments of his confused state.

And if you think about education, what does it mean but that the original perspective of the learner is not quite adequate to the truth. She "learns" that while she many have thought one thing, the truth is something less obvious; and so she becomes wiser, better informed and smarter.

Were all "perspectives" equal, the phenomenon of human learning, of education, would be impossible. Each "perspective" each person might have would be just as good as the scientific or factual truth; and so there would be nothing to "learn," no way to improve on that initial "perspective."

And that's manifestly not how things are, I think we both agree.
That is true what you write here Immanuel.
No, it speaks of the facts of how things are for everybody. It is, itself, not merely some opinion, but a claim about all "perspectives," and what the limits are of how we can reasonably speak of them. A "perspective" does not become true merely by dint of the fact that some person has it.
I agree with you in your final paragraph above.
That's good: but its implications are the same.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:31 pm
I have ALREADY INFORMED of what is INVISIBLE and what is NOT INVISIBLE.
Explain the invisible again, I must have missed it the first time you informed us of it.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:55 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:34 pm
You've already answered your own question dumbo.
Are you AWARE that I asked this question BEFORE I wrote the following?

Also, what I MEANT, but did NOT WRITE as I FORGOT TO ADD the words, 'to you'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:55 pm Here >But there is a place called 'heaven'. And it is in the EXACT SAME PLACE as WHERE 'hell' IS.