Job From Hell

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Job From Hell

Post by artisticsolution »

Those of you who think artists are lucky to make a living doing what they love to do, have not known the job from hell. Okay, Okay, so it wasn't a sweat shop...but still...in my little world it was tough. lol Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

It got so bad at one point I succumbed to superstition. That's right, me...who laughs at the thought of 'spooks'...Me, who rolls her eyes at people who do crazy shit like bury a statue in the front lawn to make their house sell faster...me, who looks at Christian Jesus warriors like 'wtf?'....wore the same clothes for the entire time I worked on this project because they were 'Lucky'.

Yes, you heard me right...same socks...same shirt, same bra (okay...I changed my undies...I'm not an animal after all :P ) I did this because it worked...lol...one day I didn't do it...and so many things went wrong I didn't even get to put paint brush to wall once...not even once! It was a comedy of errors! LOL it got so bad at one point I was convinced the house was being built over an ancient Indian burial ground or perhaps the devil's den, it was the 'vortex of evil', I tell you!

On the good days, when I was dressed in my lucky attire, all I had to deal with was the mean lady...who would snap at the 'little people' with quips like, "This isn't a two hundred thousand dollar house ya know!" Or give them looks so intimidating it would cause a grown man to piss his pants if he accidentally dropped a piece of wood, "Don't worry! I'll pay for it if I damaged anything!"

I am finally done. Here is a pic of one of the finished murals.
Attachments
teub.jpeg
teub.jpeg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
duszek

Re: Job From Hell

Post by duszek »

The big flowers look good !

Yes, it must be hard for an artist if the buyer of his art is getting on one´s nerves all the time.

A better situation is when the artist offers a finished work for sale. So the creative process can go on undisturbed.

Congratulations that you survived !
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

My hat is off to anyone who is truly artistic, like artisticsolution, who can work under the capitalistic pressures of time and creativity restraints. GREAT job. I'm sure it's even more beautiful up-close.

Hopefully you were paid well - but artistic individuals seem like they are never paid what they are worth...

tbieter

Post by tbieter »

artisticsolution wrote:Those of you who think artists are lucky to make a living doing what they love to do, have not known the job from hell. Okay, Okay, so it wasn't a sweat shop...but still...in my little world it was tough. lol Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

It got so bad at one point I succumbed to superstition. That's right, me...who laughs at the thought of 'spooks'...Me, who rolls her eyes at people who do crazy shit like bury a statue in the front lawn to make their house sell faster...me, who looks at Christian Jesus warriors like 'wtf?'....wore the same clothes for the entire time I worked on this project because they were 'Lucky'.

Yes, you heard me right...same socks...same shirt, same bra (okay...I changed my undies...I'm not an animal after all :P ) I did this because it worked...lol...one day I didn't do it...and so many things went wrong I didn't even get to put paint brush to wall once...not even once! It was a comedy of errors! LOL it got so bad at one point I was convinced the house was being built over an ancient Indian burial ground or perhaps the devil's den, it was the 'vortex of evil', I tell you!

On the good days, when I was dressed in my lucky attire, all I had to deal with was the mean lady...who would snap at the 'little people' with quips like, "This isn't a two hundred thousand dollar house ya know!" Or give them looks so intimidating it would cause a grown man to piss his pants if he accidentally dropped a piece of wood, "Don't worry! I'll pay for it if I damaged anything!"

I am finally done. Here is a pic of one of the finished murals.
And we are the beneficiary:
"beauty, n. that which gives pleasure upon being seen; that whose disinterested contemplation delights the mind; that property of being whereby it can please upon being intuited because of its integrity, due proportion, and brightness or splendor. Dictionary of Scholastic Philosophy, p. 13
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14699&p=188601#p188601
uwot

Post by uwot »

It's fabulous. Over here magnolia is a bit of a joke, it used to be the default shade for unimaginative decorators, but I'd love that on my wall.