My epitaph

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

My epitaph

Post by Gary Childress »

EDIT: No longer relevant
Last edited by Gary Childress on Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Re: My epitaph

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:14 pm Just a modest request of others here on Earth. If you come across my dead body lying in the dirt, please throw it in a landfill and, if it's not too much trouble) recite the following epitaph in remembrance:

Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery until a forum member named, Age, came to PN. [I'm sure future generations will be able to decipher what "PN" refers to, so no need to spell it out.] Age began harassing him with unreasonable, disingenuous questions and refused to be open in discussing with Gary. So Gary became frustrated and with no other outlet to direct his frustration, his mental health declined. Poor Gary was diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 1991 at the age of 25. For a brief time in his life, until he was diagnosed, he got to experience life as a sane person until Age messed with his mind and sent him into remission. Gary's last words, however, were:
"Dear God, Age knows not what he does, forgive him and go fuck yourself for creating this fucked up world".
..but you have to admit the last words should be.. "Dear God, Age knows not what he does, forgive him and God bless him for showing me the way out and go fuck yourself for creating this fucked up world, but again praise to the Lord for Age."
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

I want my bloated naked corpse loaded into a trebuchet at Dover and fired across the channel at the French please. My epitaph can be scrawled across my distended parts in lipstick and should contain the cryptic message "here comes my bum".

Age is already on almost every ignore list known to man. Just put him on yours and live a good long life.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:18 pm I want my bloated naked corpse loaded into a trebuchet at Dover and fired across the channel at the French please. My epitaph can be scrawled across my distended parts in lipstick and should contain the cryptic message "here comes my bum".

Age is already on almost every ignore list known to man. Just put him on yours and live a good long life.
For once, Age and I seem to agree. All this is MY "adult human" fault for trying to engage Age in conversation. I didn't think ignoring him was what he wanted so I tried to help. Now I see my mistake.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery until a forum member named, Age, came to PN."

See? You have a good sense of humor so u can't be nuttso, Gary.

Nice try tho.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 pm "Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery until a forum member named, Age, came to PN."

Nice try tho.
Catch 22.
Walker

Post by Walker »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 pm "Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery until a forum member named, Age, came to PN."

Nice try tho.
Gosh, that's the cornerstone of his self-concept.
It's his multi-pass for evading responsibility for his actions.
Why would you want to deprive him of what's working for him?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:28 pm

Nice try tho.
Gosh, that's the cornerstone of his self-concept.
It's his multi-pass for evading responsibility for his actions.
Why would you want to deprive him of what's working for him?
Well, I spent the first week of this October involuntarily detained in a local mental ward. I asked them repeatedly to let me out. The Dr. refused. Would you like me to send you the bill as proof?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:56 pm
Well, I spent the first week of this October involuntarily detained in a local mental ward. I asked them repeatedly to let me out. The Dr. refused. Would you like me to send you the bill as proof?
I need no further proof of the self-concept that you cling to and defend, so there's no need to keep offering it via postings.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:04 pm
I need no further proof of the self-concept that you cling to and defend, so there's no need to keep offering it via postings.
I don't "cling to and defend" mental illness. Better yet, I'll give you the Dr.s email address and you can complain to him.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:05 pm
I don't "cling to and defend" mental illness. Better yet, I'll give you the Dr.s email address and you can complain to him.
I'm not complaining, and your interpretation that I am could well be a result of defending your self-concept.

It's not the self-concept that counts.

It's your relationship to the self concept. Your relationship to all thoughts and sensations is what counts more than the thought itself, and counts more than the sensation.

Thoughts and sensations come and go, but your relationship to the transitory is what matters.

Your self-concept is a thought.
Last edited by Walker on Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:09 pm
I'm not complaining, and your interpretation that I am could well be a result of defending your self-concept.

It's your relationship to the self concept. Your relationship to all thoughts and sensations is what counts more than the thought itself, and counts more than the sensation.

Thoughts and sensations come and go, but your relationship to the transitory is what matters.
Just shut up, kid.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:10 pm

Just shut up, kid.
Make me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:10 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:10 pm

Just shut up, kid.
Make me.
Fair enough.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:18 pm I want my bloated naked corpse loaded into a trebuchet at Dover and fired across the channel at the French please. My epitaph can be scrawled across my distended parts in lipstick and should contain the cryptic message "here comes my bum".
:lol: :lol: :lol: