Why is God being represented by very stupid people on this forum?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Why is God being represented by very stupid people on this forum?

Post by Lacewing »

There has been a stream of God-knowers come across this forum who think it is their role to tell all the rest of us what/who God is, and what we don't know. They make the most absurd and distorted claims, and they show repeatedly that they cannot honestly or directly answer/explore the reasonable and clear challenges and questions they receive. Instead, they simply make more absurd and distorted claims -- which suggests they suffer from severe cowardness, as well as mental and spiritual disconnects.

They present themselves as uniquely chosen or gifted or knowing, yet many of us have expressed that we've never seen so much self-righteous stupidity in all of our lives. Most God-believers I know don't act like this. The extremist ones on this forum are blatant frauds... bathing themselves continually in their own glorification... unable to see clearly or truthfully beyond themselves.

What kind of God would make these people go so crazy as to represent that God in such stupid ways? These God-believers reveal that answer more than anything else: It's not a god... it's just about themselves: small-minded and desperately needy.
Iwannaplato

Re: Why is God being represented by very stupid people on this forum?

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:32 am There has been a stream of God-knowers come across this forum who think it is their role to tell all the rest of us what/who God is, and what we don't know. They make the most absurd and distorted claims, and they show repeatedly that they cannot honestly or directly answer/explore the reasonable and clear challenges and questions they receive. Instead, they simply make more absurd and distorted claims -- which suggests they suffer from severe cowardness, as well as mental and spiritual disconnects.

They present themselves as uniquely chosen or gifted or knowing, yet many of us have expressed that we've never seen so much self-righteous stupidity in all of our lives. Most God-believers I know don't act like this. The extremist ones on this forum are blatant frauds... bathing themselves continually in their own glorification... unable to see clearly or truthfully beyond themselves.

What kind of God would make these people go so crazy as to represent that God in such stupid ways? These God-believers reveal that answer more than anything else: It's not a god... it's just about themselves: small-minded and desperately needy.
While religions present a powerful seemingly selfless justification for lectures - I mean, for example, if I could prevent someone from being burned eternally, I suppose I might very well become a montrous lecturer - secular people manage to do this quite well also. Before
Data Swarm arrived
our main lecturer has been a non-theist.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

It is the almost irresistible force of superstition. It is impossible to be truly free from it.

The search for truth is a constant struggle against superstition.
Because superstition is the claim to know the Truth.

This claim is not limited to the religious sphere, it is present everywhere even in science.
Nihilism itself is the claim to have understood Reality.

Since there is hypocrisy underneath superstition... those who suffer from it are forced to impose it by any means, to hide their lie from themselves.
Hypocrisy easily leads to fanaticism.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:32 am There has been a stream of God-knowers come across this forum who think it is their role to tell all the rest of us what/who God is, and what we don't know.
Dear Lacewing,
- It’s only fair that you read all this, because it pertains to your interest in those who speak of what they know.
- Self-glorification is a secular Thang.
- On the other hand, you must consider Bach's S.D.G. in order to understand what is going on.

- The “problem” that you perceive in Dattaswami, is a problem of Appropriateness.
- A problem well-defined is half the solution.

- No need to turn it into a titanic clash of primal forces.
- No need to call it stupid.
- You’re free to think any critical thing you must due to the ticking of your thoughts, but stomping down on enthusiasm should not be the default response.

- You know, it’s said that when Milarepa*, who was mere mortal man, saw the light he wrote 100,000 poems. Given the brevity of some transmissions that require few words to none, I bet many of them were short poems, because even with inflation 100,000 is a lot. In fact, the number is significant for purification rituals aimed at taming the Ego, and once tamed, appropriateness takes on a whole new meaning.

There is another cause for dattaswami’s actions.

- Enthusiasm.
- The thing is, once you get old and know everything, enthusiasm don’t come easy. You know, it don’t come easy.
- Tap into the energy of his enthusiasm, which quite obviously is borne of Compassion, not Ego.
- In the context of this Situation, which is Philosophy, his enthusiasm is a Broadcasting Transmission to Contemplate, which is pondering but need not be ponderous.

- Once you see the light, enthusiasm must be suppressed in order to get along within the herd, to not stand out too much because … if you’re too enthusiastic someone will try to take that away, or change it, or say that the enthusiasm is wrong.
- This is only natural. It is the balancing force of stillness. Still that enthusiasm! Hush up, now!
- Learning to deal with enthusiasm and suppression of that is part of integrating “the light,” into all your relationships. Learning the appropriate use of Energy is … Integration.

- This is something that Men know.

- Logically, this must be why some men are, shall we say, flambuoyant. They are trying their darndest to not behave the way men do behave, because men must curb their enthusiasm. An example of this is Rue Paul. Examine how he behaves when dressed as a man. Fortunately for Men who don’t swing that way, there are other ways to transcend limitations, for cultural limitations are transitory.

- Enthusiasm is a manifestation of energy ...

- Eric Clapton said it well. He said that if he didn’t play music, he didn’t know what would have become of him (paraphrased, from an interview somewhere). Like most of us, he would just fade away as if he never was. This is likely why you see guys playing guitar on the street corner. It's not like they have a choice or anything.

- Dattaswami has Knowledge. He immerses in the Saraswati River of Knowledge, and this makes him untouchable. Try to take it away and he simply turns the flood in your direction. This is why he says, I know, when told he is flooding the forum.

- Be grateful that Dattaswami is not Eric Clapton, because it's rumoured that if you don't know who Doc Pomus is and was, he won't share his intellectual knowledge with you.

- Dattaswami must study Appropriateness to appease, to not offend. Western minds are more Individualistic. They don’t cotton to the choir verses they don’t know.

- It is possible, quite possible, that Dattaswami caught this tidbit that was floating down the River of Knowledge.
- The Western Mind that was shaped by The Age of Enlightenment has been softened up by The Communal Thinking that seems to be popular throughout the world, that can be summed up as from each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

- What is the proof of this Obviousness?
- The Submission to Government’s exercise of Totalitarian Powers.
- The population has been softened up, although Ego still feels uncomfortable with swallowing information wholesale.

* For those who must keep the world properly ordered, he was not a Hindu, not a Christian, but pro-guru.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:06 pm - You’re free to think any critical thing you must due to the ticking of your thoughts, but stomping down on enthusiasm should not be the default response.
How one frames the issue can skew the issue. There are many ways to be enthusiastic. I haven't seen criticism of DS based on his level of enthusiasm. I have seen it related to the amount of posting, the general lack of interest in dialogue, the poor qualitiy of his reasoning or even lack thereof in many instances and his placement of topics in the wrong places.
Dattaswami has Knowledge.
I'm sure he has some, but so far he is simply rehashing often in a muddled way ideas I have been hearing since the 70s. They are not presented in any way as well as someone like Ken Wilber does and a whole bunch of gurus coming out of the East produced this kind of stuff, often better in the decades in between.
He immerses in the Saraswati River of Knowledge, and this makes him untouchable.
Oh, OK. Lacewing baths in the brook of Wisdom and this makes him uncriticizable, even at this kind of implicit level.

- Be grateful that Dattaswami is not Eric Clapton, because it's rumoured that if you don't know who Doc Pomus is and was, he won't share his intellectual knowledge with you.
I hope you realize that many here would prefer he didn't share his knowledge with us and certainly this way. Eric Clapton also for that matter.
- What is the proof of this Obviousness?
- The Submission to Government’s exercise of Totalitarian Powers.
- The population has been softened up, although Ego still feels uncomfortable with swallowing information wholesale.
That's not just Ego, that's just healthy in general.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Maybe Dattaswami is trying to hypnotize you. Did that possibility arise in consciousness, and what's the probabity of that being troof?

:shock:

That can be an effect of the ocean of sound. Hang around the ocean awhile and the vibrational sounds of surf, in which the mind may seek patterns for an unknown purpose, do have an effect upon form. Some call it soothing. The same can happen in the silence of the deep desert.

It's why folks are drawn to the sea, and to emptiness.

I like your honesty. You say what you think.

Check this out. Given the bent of your thoughts, I think you'll like it.

“The crux of the biscuit, is the apostrophe.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmVu-Wxe-Uw

Frank would get a good laugh out of this video.

He knows the effect upon The Flakes, which is what he called The Woke, and so he would see the satire in what creative techies have done with his image.

Frank was wise in the ways of how to manifest his anger and firm views ...
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

bobmax wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 am superstition... those who suffer from it are forced to impose it by any means, to hide their lie from themselves.
Good point!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:06 pm No need to call it stupid.
No need for you to say or think or do anything you do.
Walker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:06 pm It’s only fair that you read all this, because it pertains to your interest in those who speak of what they know.
Why is it fair that I should have to read your long, rambling, lecture of how you think you know something I don't/should know? This is exactly what has caused me to lose interest in reading what you think.

Your notions and moods do not serve me the way they serve you.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Iwannaplato to Walker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:21 pm How one frames the issue can skew the issue. There are many ways to be enthusiastic. I haven't seen criticism of DS based on his level of enthusiasm. I have seen it related to the amount of posting, the general lack of interest in dialogue, the poor qualitiy of his reasoning or even lack thereof in many instances and his placement of topics in the wrong places.
Yes! These are reasonable and worthwhile things for people to comment on.
Iwannaplato to Walker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:21 pm
He immerses in the Saraswati River of Knowledge, and this makes him untouchable.
Oh, OK. Lacewing baths in the brook of Wisdom and this makes him uncriticizable
:D

I'm female. I splash in the waterfall of delight and this keeps me from becoming too rigid or serious.

I created this thread because I see some men claiming they know that which (even they can admit) is unknowable. And in the case of knowing a god to such a degree as many claim -- to know that god's words, thinking, desires, plans, preferences, commands, etc. -- essentially reduces that god down to be encapsulated by the pea brain of a human... which is.... stupid.

The least appealing demonstration of a god is that which is portrayed by stupidity, and yet so many don't realize that's what they're suggesting/selling. They are reduced to trying to sell their distorted creation because they can't sell what's free and without boundary.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:27 pm I created this thread because I see some men claiming they know that which (even they can admit) is unknowable. And in the case of knowing a god to such a degree as many claim -- to know that god's words, thinking, desires, plans, preferences, commands, etc. -- essentially reduces that god down to be encapsulated by the pea brain of a human... which is.... stupid.
It's not only stupid, it's also blasphemy.

In fact, blasphemy does not consist so much in an insult addressed to God.
True blasphemy is the claim to know God!

And it is the result of the arrogance of superstition.

Because faith, the only possible faith, is faith in Nothingness.

God = Nothing

Faith consists in the hope that this Nothingness is the Good.
Any addition is superstition.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

That's because god-botherers are stupid by definition. How stupid would anyone need to be to believe such garbage?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:49 pm...
Yeah yeah sure sure.

That's why the words (meaning) were aimed at dattaswami.

I already know you have no interest, and I'm well aware of your capacity for comprehension.

:wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:52 pm That's because god-botherers are stupid by definition. How stupid would anyone need to be to believe such garbage?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:34 am That's why the words (meaning) were aimed at dattaswami.
Are you suggesting that this thread is aimed at dattaswami? If so, you're wrong... which isn't unusual.

Surely you are aware that I've had discussions with many God-believers on this forum and I've expressed my surprise in how they represent their god: Vile or drunken ranting, making up tons of ridiculous crap, or deception and games... then acting like a holy representative in the next moment, as if no one notices how stupid and inconsistent it all is.

There are also those who deliver such specifics about their supreme god, all while ignoring challenges to their claims and denying all reason/logic to the contrary. It's a wonder that such God-believers don't recognize how absurdly that reflects on their god.
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:34 amI'm well aware of your capacity for comprehension.
You aren't well aware of much of anything that doesn't support your distortions.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:27 pm I'm female.
Oh, sorry. I really should take a closer look at what makes me decide such things.
I splash in the waterfall of delight and this keeps me from becoming too rigid or serious.
Ah, I missed this part of the brook, but kudos to me for recognizing that while Dattaswami (data swarm) immerses in the Saraswati River of Knowledge, there is insufficient turbulance there for the knowledge to get in.
I created this thread because I see some men claiming they know that which (even they can admit) is unknowable. And in the case of knowing a god to such a degree as many claim -- to know that god's words, thinking, desires, plans, preferences, commands, etc. -- essentially reduces that god down to be encapsulated by the pea brain of a human... which is.... stupid.
And while this was not aimed specifically at Dattaswami, he does this AND then tells us he knows that God was in Jesus and others and he tells us God's qualities and motives and goodness. Do as I say and not as I do is pretty typical guru hypocrisy.

And one of the reasons this bothers me is that it lacks courage. It is not easy to truly deal with one's reactions to the way things are. So, when I see copining mechanisms like this in people who are talking down to others it strikes me not simply as some kind of rational error, but as adding injury to insult.