Music of the Soul

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Phil8659

Music of the Soul

Post by Phil8659 »

Have you ever thought that there has been two distinct meanings of just the word Music, itself.

To Plato, Socrates, the Bible, music means the harmony of words, by which the behavior of man, becomes the dance of life.

The popular meaning, of course, is anything you can hum, strum, bang and scream. Something one can even charm a snake with.

Personally, I think that a philosopher should pursue the music of the soul, and leave the the rest to the masses.

The difference one is a noun, the other is a verb. One you practice with your whole body, mind and soul, the dance of what some have called the dance of the Gods.

The other one does with only part of the body.
That is why one is a universal, a noun, and the other a member of the class, or a verb.

Now, in the Dialog, The Banquet, Socrates teacher explained this to him. What was her name, Diotema?
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Music of the Soul

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

God you talk a load of dog shit.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:43 am God you talk a load of dog shit.
That is not true, I have said nothing to anyone about you, least not in private.
vegetariantaxidermy

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:46 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:43 am God you talk a load of dog shit.
That is not true, I have said nothing to anyone about you, least not in private.
Hmm, I thought I was in your 'penalty box' (i.e ignore list)...
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:01 am
Apparently you do not know much about them. They give everyone the option of checking on the state of shit. and just because I do from time to time, don't mean you are not on my shit list.

And I do check in on you from time to time because of when you molested some lady, and probably scared her because you claimed she was me. That is hysteria.

Apparently you are a disturbed stalker.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:38 am Have you ever thought that there has been two distinct meanings of just the word Music, itself.

To Plato, Socrates, the Bible, music means the harmony of words, by which the behavior of man, becomes the dance of life.

The popular meaning, of course, is anything you can hum, strum, bang and scream. Something one can even charm a snake with.

Personally, I think that a philosopher should pursue the music of the soul, and leave the the rest to the masses.

The difference one is a noun, the other is a verb. One you practice with your whole body, mind and soul, the dance of what some have called the dance of the Gods.

The other one does with only part of the body.
That is why one is a universal, a noun, and the other a member of the class, or a verb.

Now, in the Dialog, The Banquet, Socrates teacher explained this to him. What was her name, Diotema?
:lol: Very good.

Back when I subscribed to Esquire Magazine, there was a great essay/story by Ken Kesey called The Day (After) Superman Died. The theme explores the contrast between fifties Buddha-cool and sixties high-octane exuberance.

This is why men love women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z-iUPqRrps
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Walker
Anyone who pays for paper pussy is really hard up. I pity you.

Further more, I think a real woman would tell anyone they love why.
So, get your head of the clouds and hands on some real ass. One who knows anything, it is a lifetime, if you are lucky, a real whole life learning process.
vegetariantaxidermy

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:04 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:01 am
Apparently you do not know much about them. They give everyone the option of checking on the state of shit. and just because I do from time to time, don't mean you are not on my shit list.

And I do check in on you from time to time because of when you molested some lady, and probably scared her because you claimed she was me. That is hysteria.

Apparently you are a disturbed stalker.
Like I could be bothered. So the 'award winning writer' is in dire need of a dictionary.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:40 am
Walker

So, get your head of the clouds and hands on some real ass. One who knows anything, it is a lifetime, if you are lucky, a real whole life learning process.
Aren't you the nasty little germ.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:14 am
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:40 am
Walker

Aren't you the nasty little germ.
Now there you go, a woman is pure beauty, by design. The only nasty thing about people is their inability to do their biologically defined job. That starts with real objective reality.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Chill out with The Godfather of Soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKF8Iupox4
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:24 am Chill out with The Godfather of Soul

Congratulations, you just earned a seat on my shit list.
I am not a fan of Google, nor their lies, nor their attempt to manipulate mankind for their own greed.
And if you to play like a child on YouTube use their forum.
vegetariantaxidermy

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:07 am
Walker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:24 am Chill out with The Godfather of Soul

Congratulations, you just earned a seat on my shit list.
I am not a fan of Google, nor their lies, nor their attempt to manipulate mankind for their own greed.
And if you to play like a child on YouTube use their forum.
How to win friends and influence people :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Ever wonder why the farmer named his cow Bossy?

The Godfather of Soul was also a balladeer.

A cold heart that sheds pretense will feel this warm the cockles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzSkypAIRzM

Thread relevance? Soul themeocracy.