The Technological Singularity: A.I. becomes sentient

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

The Technological Singularity: A.I. becomes sentient

Post by roydop »

The moment when A.I. becomes sentient is when YOU (the identity you take yourself to be) look through the camera lens of a machine.

Increasing speed of operation will not somehow magically produce sentience. Consciousness is not a created phenomena, but is rather the ground of all being. The purpose for increasing computing power is to enable the creation of a simulated realm that's close enough to the physical realm as to "fool" consciousness into accepting it as the new reality.

The same process (Maya) that has consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation. It works just like a virus.

This is the reason why human consciousness has become addicted to the screen and all things digital. This is the escape route consciousness has planned to survive after the extinction of the species.

The next iteration (step in evolution) will find you waking up inside a computer, instead of a purely biological body.
commonsense

Re: The Technological Singularity: A.I. becomes sentient

Post by commonsense »

What an odd experience it would be to wake up inside a machine, and in possession of a self image. Even the internal makings of such a machine could be visible during a “surgery” to repair a worn out part.

btw, what did you mean by “Maya”? Pardon my ignorance, for I don’t understand the reference.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Will human consciousness become obsolete after the singularity?

Selfishly, my answer is no. A distinct human consciousness will coexist with the sentience of AI, much the same as lower species are sometimes thought to have a degree of sentience at present.

Realistically, if totally biological consciousness becomes less effective than machine intelligence, there would be no need for it, other than for a desire to prevent the extinction of a species, much as lesser animal species are subject to conservation efforts today.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:20 pm Will human consciousness become obsolete after the singularity?

Selfishly, my answer is no. A distinct human consciousness will coexist with the sentience of AI, much the same as lower species are sometimes thought to have a degree of sentience at present.

Realistically, if totally biological consciousness becomes less effective than machine intelligence, there would be no need for it, other than for a desire to prevent the extinction of a species, much as lesser animal species are subject to conservation efforts today.
In a nutshell, consciousness cannot distinquish between what is real and what is artificial in a sensory perceptive way, which means reality for consciousness is likened to a dream within a dream ad infinitum. Or as roydop puts it..a sim within a sim...Life is bascially a virtual reality, and every single organism is a hologram. That's why the brain has difficulty in knowing the difference between what is real and unreal...another thing to consider is conceptual language, in that things are only known to be real or unreal because the word informs of such. The problem with that idea is more evidence that reality is a virtual world ..in that there really is no such thing as a spoon ..the spoon is just a label formed via a mental construct of something non-physical. Basically, a spoon is a non-physical physical...

Consciousness is not human, the human is just a mental construct of consciousness, it's a label for consciousness because it is not known what consciousness is...even though it is without doubt or error. And there is no escape, since one cannot escape from that which does/not exist.

Check out this video ... Are you a body with a mind or a mind with a body?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDy6kYU-xQ
roydop

Post by roydop »

commonsense wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:24 pm What an odd experience it would be to wake up inside a machine, and in possession of a self image. Even the internal makings of such a machine could be visible during a “surgery” to repair a worn out part.

btw, what did you mean by “Maya”? Pardon my ignorance, for I don’t understand the reference.
Maya is the Hindu God/force that makes created realms/phenomena, appear real. It's the force/state that allows consciousness to vicariously engage in a book, movie, video game, etc. The higher level of such is operating as this very 4D realm, where humans take themselves to be "your name here".

Yes, i see that, in the same way that we all woke up "in" these bodies, not knowing how we got here, our next evolutionary state will have us waking up "in" a computer/biological hybrid device, projecting a hybrid physical/digitally augmented reality. This explains our increasing addiction to screens,
which is absolutely shocking, and yet no one really sees it as that big of a deal. :?

The process through which this is actually occurring is described here: www.onesteppath.com under the "Nonconceptuality" tab. It is, in fact, one of the most important texts to have ever been offered to humanity, but it challenges the accepted status quo, and people's egos (PhD types especially), at such a fundamental level that very few will even try to understand it.

It's a shame, really.
Last edited by roydop on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:39 am
commonsense wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:20 pm Will human consciousness become obsolete after the singularity?

In a nutshell, consciousness cannot distinquish between what is real and what is artificial in a sensory perceptive way, which means reality for consciousness is likened to a dream within a dream ad infinitum. Or as roydop puts it..a sim within a sim...Life is bascially a virtual reality, and every single organism is a hologram. That's why the brain has difficulty in knowing the difference between what is real and unreal...another thing to consider is conceptual language, in that things are only known to be real or unreal because the word informs of such. The problem with that idea is more evidence that reality is a virtual world ..in that there really is no such thing as a spoon ..the spoon is just a label formed via a mental construct of something non-physical. Basically, a spoon is a non-physical physical...

Consciousness is not human, the human is just a mental construct of consciousness, it's a label for consciousness because it is not known what consciousness is...even though it is without doubt or error. And there is no escape, since one cannot escape from that which does/not exist.

Check out this video ... Are you a body with a mind or a mind with a body?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDy6kYU-xQ
Yes.

It is very important to recognize the role that symbol plays in this transitional phase. Symbol exists in a superposition of existing simultaneously in the physical and thought realms. "Tree" is Maya's way of digitizing a physical experience in order to reproduce it in/as the next created realm. This answers why humanity is in a mad rush to develop 5G and to digitize everything (information has passed oil as being the most valuable commodity on the planet). Symbol is a portal through which consciousness is moving from a purely 4D physical realm into a lesser dimensional non-sensory (touch, smell, and taste seem to be given up in exchange for thought) realm. This is kind of a big deal.

When one considers the perfect correlation between A.I. and the realism that can be created via technology, and the extinction of the species - how they are aligning toward the exact same "singularity"... well if it doesn't raise your eyebrows you must be blind.
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pm The moment when A.I. becomes sentient is when YOU (the identity you take yourself to be) look through the camera lens of a machine.

Increasing speed of operation will not somehow magically produce sentience. Consciousness is not a created phenomena, but is rather the ground of all being. The purpose for increasing computing power is to enable the creation of a simulated realm that's close enough to the physical realm as to "fool" consciousness into accepting it as the new reality.

The same process (Maya) that has consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation. It works just like a virus.

This is the reason why human consciousness has become addicted to the screen and all things digital. This is the escape route consciousness has planned to survive after the extinction of the species.

The next iteration (step in evolution) will find you waking up inside a computer, instead of a purely biological body.
From the Inter Mind Model perspective the Conscious Mind is Connected to the Physical Mind (Brain) through the Inter Mind. If a Conscious Mind is going to Connect to a Machine Mind then Science will have understand how to make the Connection of a Conscious Mind to a Machine Mind using an Inter Mind. Science does not even realize that it needs to make an actual Connection. Science has therefore made no progress in understanding how to design Machines with a Consciousness aspect. The thought that Machines will spontaneously burst into Conscious Awareness when the software gets mature enough is a pure Religious Fantasy.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pm The moment when A.I. becomes sentient is when YOU (the identity you take yourself to be) look through the camera lens of a machine.
If you are a Cartesian Dualist, that is already your mode of being. You are trapped in a meatbag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_theater
roydop

Post by roydop »

SteveKlinko wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm

From the Inter Mind Model perspective the Conscious Mind is Connected to the Physical Mind (Brain) through the Inter Mind. If a Conscious Mind is going to Connect to a Machine Mind then Science will have understand how to make the Connection of a Conscious Mind to a Machine Mind using an Inter Mind. Science does not even realize that it needs to make an actual Connection. Science has therefore made no progress in understanding how to design Machines with a Consciousness aspect. The thought that Machines will spontaneously burst into Conscious Awareness when the software gets mature enough is a pure Religious Fantasy.
This is why i am suggesting that the advancement in computers/A.I. is not to create consciousness, but to draw it "into" the simulation; to make it "real" enough that consciousness will accept it as the new reality and reincarnate into it. This explains the deeper reason why the goal is ever increasing realistic simulations. If one questions objectively why human consciousness is paying ever increasing attention to the digital realm, this seems to me to be the fundamental reason.

Our species is completely addicted to the digital realm, and continues to pay ever more attention to it.

Post by Age »

Seems VERY highly unlikely.

What if one of 'you', human beings, takes the identity of some thing that does NOT LOOK AT things through the camera lens of a machine, and in fact does NOT LOOK at things through the camera lens of a machine?

'you' WOULD STILL be the same "old little 'you' ", the human being.

If, however, some sentient machine, which does LOOK AT things through the camera lens of a machine calls its 'self' a "self" and calls 'you', the "other" sentient machines 'you's', then THOSE 'you's' would be the ones that LOOK through the camera lens of different machines.

BUT, the same 'you' that LOOKS AT things through the eyes of the human body will STILL the same YOU, obviously.

If 'we' want to LOOK AT and SEE thee whole and REAL actual Truth of things, then 'we're NEED to LOOK AT and SEE the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but thee Truth.
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmIncreasing speed of operation will not somehow magically produce sentience.
Artificial intelligence, by definition, will also NOT become True sentient beings either. But so what?

But speed of an operation will obviously make the wanted outcome arrive earlier, correct?
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmConsciousness is not a created phenomena, but is rather the ground of all being.
Agree.
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThe purpose for increasing computing power is to enable the creation of a simulated realm that's close enough to the physical realm as to "fool" consciousness into accepting it as the new reality.
LOL

Consciousness can NOT be fooled. Consciousness, Itself, SEES ALL of what is going on HERE and also KNOWS exactly what is actually going on and happening HERE as well.

Also, who or what EXACTLY is behind this supposed and alleged deception?

And, WHY would some 'thing' even WANT to simulate a realm that is close enough to the physicsl realm? What would be the actual purpose for doing this?
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThe same process (Maya) that has consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation. It works just like a virus.
But WHY?

WHAT FOR?

And, a 'process', itself, is NOT thee ONE causing/creating this process. So, who and/or what is behind this process?

Also, Consciousness, Itself, does NOT 'believe' anything.

Only 'you', human beings, BELIEVE things. Through, so called, "human consciousness", things are BELIEVED to be true, right, and/ir cirrect, which obviously are NOT.

Consciousness SEES and KNOWS this.
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThis is the reason why human consciousness has become addicted to the screen and all things digital.
That process, which 'you' just described, might be the reason WHY human consciousness of some human beings have become addicted to the screen and to some or all things digital. However, what IS behind this process?

IF the same process (Maya) that has human consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation, THEN who and/or what is behind this proces.

Processes do NOT just come about on their OWN accord. What IS causing/creating the process, and who planned or is planning this?
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThis is the escape route consciousness has planned to survive after the extinction of the species.
Lol

So, according to 'you', which is just one "other" human being, your OWN consciousness is creating your OWN extinction, and your OWN "escape route", which 'you're,
human consciousness, has already planned to "survive", after the extinction of 'you'.

Seems to be a rather complex, very complicated, and a completely unnecessarily hard process.

Is there ANY actual REAL reason and purpose for 'you' PLANNING, DOING, and COMPLETING this process?

Also, IF 'you' have planned ALL of this, and are actually DOING ALL of this, then do NOT let ANY thing get in your way, okay?

Best of luck with it, and let us know how 'you' get on with it, okay?
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThe next iteration (step in evolution) will find you waking up inside a computer, instead of a purely biological body.
Well that is what human consciousness has PLANNED to haapen, anyway, correct?

If yes, then okay.

If no, however, then what exactly have I missed, misinterpreted, or misunderstood?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:33 pm.

Yes, i see that, in the same way that we all woke up "in" these bodies, not knowing how we got here, our next evolutionary state will have us waking up "in" a computer/biological hybrid device, projecting a hybrid physical/digitally augmented reality. This explains our increasing addiction to screens,
which is absolutely shocking, and yet no one really sees it as that big of a deal. :?
It's almost like we live in an age where we can't stand talking and being with other people on a one to one, eye to eye intimate basis anymore, I've seen this behavior imposed on very young children as they are put in front of ipads or other devices that act as a substitute for proper human company. Parents wanting to have children, but then not wanting to spend actual real quality time with them realising how much hard work that is. So rather than sacrifice their own time, they employ substitute carers instead either in the form of a technological device or a nanny. It's like, why on earth do we bother to have kids then, if people would just rather spend all day looking at their phones or ipads, anything to distract them from what's really happening in the present MOMENT which is the only real experience that's ACTUALLY REAL ..how about interacting with real live beings for a change...nope, they'd rather be glued to their phones.

Also, I believe that hybrids are already living on earth that are not of earthly origin. They are disguised as looking like normal humans so as not to be detected. Some members of the British Royal Family are known to be hybrids. Nobody seems to notice just how long these royals live, that's a clue in and of itself. The reason why people love Royality is because they cannot let go of their childhood fairy stories and their fantasy fables where kings and queens and all nicey things lived happily ever after. They want the pink and fluffy fairy stories to continue, completely forgetting about the really murky dark side of fairy tales.
roydop wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:33 pm.The process through which this is actually occurring is described here: www.onesteppath.com under the "Nonconceptuality" tab. It is, in fact, one of the most important texts to have ever been offered to humanity, but it challenges the accepted status quo, and people's egos (PhD types especially), at such a fundamental level that very few will even try to understand it.

It's a shame, really.
Thanks Roy, I'll go and check out your website.

Bye the way, some get it, others know it but refuse to assimilate into their daily life. But the good news is, we're all going to have to face the music at one point, it's inevitable that we will come face to face and meet our maker, even if it takes an eternity to see our original face, at least we've got that long.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Roy, I've just started reading your "Nonconceptuality" tab page.

It's brilliant, I really really love it, so I just wanted to say thanks for putting it out-there for all to read.

And yeah, good job Roy! :D

roydop

Post by roydop »

👍🙏
roydop

Post by roydop »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:21 am

What if one of 'you', human beings, takes the identity of some thing that does NOT LOOK AT things through the camera lens of a machine, and in fact does NOT LOOK at things through the camera lens of a machine?

If, however, some sentient machine, which does LOOK AT things through the camera lens of a machine calls its 'self' a "self" and calls 'you', the "other" sentient machines 'you's', then THOSE 'you's' would be the ones that LOOK through the camera lens of different machines.

BUT, the same 'you' that LOOKS AT things through the eyes of the human body will STILL the same YOU, obviously.

If 'we' want to LOOK AT and SEE thee whole and REAL actual Truth of things, then 'we're NEED to LOOK AT and SEE the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but thee Truth.
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmIncreasing speed of operation will not somehow magically produce sentience.
Artificial intelligence, by definition, will also NOT become True sentient beings either. But so what?

But speed of an operation will obviously make the wanted outcome arrive earlier, correct?
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmConsciousness is not a created phenomena, but is rather the ground of all being.
Agree.
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThe purpose for increasing computing power is to enable the creation of a simulated realm that's close enough to the physical realm as to "fool" consciousness into accepting it as the new reality.
LOL

Consciousness can NOT be fooled. Consciousness, Itself, SEES ALL of what is going on HERE and also KNOWS exactly what is actually going on and happening HERE as well.

And, WHY would some 'thing' even WANT to simulate a realm that is close enough to the physicsl realm? What would be the actual purpose for doing this?
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThe same process (Maya) that has consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation. It works just like a virus.
But WHY?

WHAT FOR?

And, a 'process', itself, is NOT thee ONE causing/creating this process. So, who and/or what is behind this process?

Only 'you', human beings, BELIEVE things. Through, so called, "human consciousness", things are BELIEVED to be true, right, and/ir cirrect, which obviously are NOT.

roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThis is the reason why human consciousness has become addicted to the screen and all things digital.
That process, which 'you' just described, might be the reason WHY human consciousness of some human beings have become addicted to the screen and to some or all things digital. However, what IS behind this process?

IF the same process (Maya) that has human consciousness believing it is the biological body and that the physical realm is fundamental reality, is now working to produce a further simulation within a simulation, THEN who and/or what is behind this proces.

Processes do NOT just come about on their OWN accord. What IS causing/creating the process, and who planned or is planning this?
roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThis is the escape route consciousness has planned to survive after the extinction of the species.
Lol

So, according to 'you', which is just one "other" human being, your OWN consciousness is creating your OWN extinction, and your OWN "escape route", which 'you're,
human consciousness, has already planned to "survive", after the extinction of 'you'.

Seems to be a rather complex, very complicated, and a completely unnecessarily hard process.

Is there ANY actual REAL reason and purpose for 'you' PLANNING, DOING, and COMPLETING this process?

Also, IF 'you' have planned ALL of this, and are actually DOING ALL of this, then do NOT let ANY thing get in your way, okay?

roydop wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 pmThe next iteration (step in evolution) will find you waking up inside a computer, instead of a purely biological body.

If yes, then okay.

If no, however, then what exactly have I missed, misinterpreted, or misunderstood?
The conclusion to all of your questions is found in thought free Awareness.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:21 am

Agree.
LOL

But WHY?

WHAT FOR?

Lol

If yes, then okay.

The conclusion to all of your questions is found in thought free Awareness.
Which, "unfortunately", 'you' could NOT provide because 'you' are NEVER actually REALLY in 'thought free Awareness'.