Nazis and Neo-Pagan Gnosis

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Maia

Re: Nazis and Neo-Pagan Gnosis

Post by Maia »

Constantine wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:01 am That is some weird shit Maia.
It is.

Fields of the Nephilim are a band that's popular among certain segments of the Pagan community, and that particular song, Psychonaut, gets trotted out at all sorts of events. I always felt it to be about as subtle as a sledgehammer.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Cultism and Occultism inevitably leads to fragmented individualism. Because people are forced between spiritual 'Good' and 'Evil' with regard to Power. Power can be political, social, individual; it comes in many forms. The uninitiated become obsessed with basic forms of power. It is too temptuous to the layman. This leads to notions of Nobility and Aristocracy.

Why are some individuals 'resistant' to the corrupting affects of power, but not most others???

I pose this to Maia and Constantine.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:57 am Cultism and Occultism inevitably leads to fragmented individualism. Because people are forced between spiritual 'Good' and 'Evil' with regard to Power. Power can be political, social, individual; it comes in many forms. The uninitiated become obsessed with basic forms of power. It is too temptuous to the layman. This leads to notions of Nobility and Aristocracy.

Why are some individuals 'resistant' to the corrupting affects of power, but not most others???

I pose this to Maia and Constantine.
I'm not sure anyone can be completely resistant to the corrupting effects of power, though I suppose if someone is aware enough to recognise it, they can try. Assuming they even want to.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

I'm a Christian and don't believe in the concept of power. Power is a sloppy term, too many things.

As to cult.... the 500 year old atheism vs theism divide didn't exactly cleve cultic behavior to one side. As I noted in another thread, BLM emerged out of Richard Dawkins group. You can definitely have atheistic yet utterly cultic thinking. In addition cultic thought need not follow the Marquis de Sade polarity of masochistic to sadist, submissive to dom pattern many subscribe. Many ancient cults followed a different pattern all together and they survive in quite secular ways.

I'll give you a example. School's still rigorously train via teachers with master degrees (medieval monk title and diploma) using Me's (sumerian subdivision of parts of a institution, including each category of person and profession) and very strict rules on how you formulate, debate and cite your sources (again, sumerian prognostication rules first laid these cultic formulations out, they have changed a bit but it is where we get this mindset from). It's a old cult, and we take it supposedly as a mark of professionalism. Foucault certainly would as a structuralist.

I don't. I've seen the morphology across history too many times. I'm more a believer in free will. Example.... Maia recently abandoned the term matriarchy but I didn't tactically rush in and force my own ideas in this void. I'm giving her time to reexpress her position. It can take months to years to better express her idea. Why? What's the point of philosophy if we can't have a community of diverse thought. So I'm not interested in power. Likewise I'm also not overwhelmed with a urge to join another group. I'm in a fairly stable position mentally and in terms of a sense of self and what I am.

But I will absolutely pursue age until he standardizes his capitalizations, cause I saw him do it for Maia thr second he realized she couldn't read them. I want that too. So I can read what he is saying. I can't read his chaos.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Constantine wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:27 pm I'm a Christian and don't believe in the concept of power. Power is a sloppy term, too many things.

As to cult.... the 500 year old atheism vs theism divide didn't exactly cleve cultic behavior to one side. As I noted in another thread, BLM emerged out of Richard Dawkins group. You can definitely have atheistic yet utterly cultic thinking. In addition cultic thought need not follow the Marquis de Sade polarity of masochistic to sadist, submissive to dom pattern many subscribe. Many ancient cults followed a different pattern all together and they survive in quite secular ways.

I'll give you a example. School's still rigorously train via teachers with master degrees (medieval monk title and diploma) using Me's (sumerian subdivision of parts of a institution, including each category of person and profession) and very strict rules on how you formulate, debate and cite your sources (again, sumerian prognostication rules first laid these cultic formulations out, they have changed a bit but it is where we get this mindset from). It's a old cult, and we take it supposedly as a mark of professionalism. Foucault certainly would as a structuralist.

I don't. I've seen the morphology across history too many times. I'm more a believer in free will. Example.... Maia recently abandoned the term matriarchy but I didn't tactically rush in and force my own ideas in this void. I'm giving her time to reexpress her position. It can take months to years to better express her idea. Why? What's the point of philosophy if we can't have a community of diverse thought. So I'm not interested in power. Likewise I'm also not overwhelmed with a urge to join another group. I'm in a fairly stable position mentally and in terms of a sense of self and what I am.

But I will absolutely pursue age until he standardizes his capitalizations, cause I saw him do it for Maia thr second he realized she couldn't read them. I want that too. So I can read what he is saying. I can't read his chaos.
I'm not sure that I abandoned the term matriarchy for the sort of thing I had in mind. If matriarchy is defined simply as being like a patriarchy, with the roles switched, then yes. But I don't think that's the only possible definition of the term.

But if we want an alternative, how about theacracy? Note the spelling, there. I've also heard Pagans use the term matrifocal, but that's not at all what I mean, and it's an ugly neologism anyway.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Thea as in aunt? Still don't know what it means but I'm in no rush.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Constantine wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:51 pm Thea as in aunt? Still don't know what it means but I'm in no rush.
It was intended to mean a female form of theocracy.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

We already have that, it's called shopping.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Constantine wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:11 pm We already have that, it's called shopping.
Just expand that to the spiritual sphere, then.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

No. One or the other. And women won't give up shopping.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Constantine wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:18 pm No. One or the other. And women won't give up shopping.
I'm not a massive fan of shopping.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Music to every man's ears.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Constantine wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:32 pm Music to every man's ears.
Thank goodness for Amazon.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

It's the same, still shopping.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Constantine wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:41 pm It's the same, still shopping.
But you can just order the same items, over and over again. Clothes, for example.