Does the Church have the right to discriminate over and abo

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: Does the Church have the right to discriminate over and abo

Post by chaz wyman »

spike wrote:
WTF is this fool.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Does WTF stand for Wrestling Toddlers Federation?
No it means you are not paying attention to the world we live in.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:
Does WTF stand for Wrestling Toddlers Federation?
lol well questioned Spike :P ..I think militant gays like to make a crisis out of a drama..in other words big deals out of small change :wink:
I do not think being hung my the neck for being gay is small change.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

spike wrote:The Church is a conservative institution. The acceptance of homosexuality is a liberal one. No wonder, then, there is still friction on the issue. However, we should take comfort in the fact that the liberal view is the dominant one.

This highlights the fact that we generally live in a liberal world that is constantly liberalizing.

That would all depend on where you are sitting. As conservative and liberal are RELATIVE terms, I'm sure little red-necks like you think that liberalism is dominant in the world. Talk to the gays from Uganda seeking asylum in the UK to see if they think their world can be characterised as Liberal!
Or maybe you ain't paying attention as well as izzy.
FYI the world's majority live under tyrannies.
(Oh - maybe you don't think all those Chinese and Muslims are important enough - or you don't know they exist)

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

spike wrote:
Stats please.
What are stats?
Statistics.

Where did you get your information?

Regards
DL
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Greatest I am wrote:...
I have yet to see a militant Gay here. ...
Best we have is EH do we not? :)
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Arising_uk wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:...
I have yet to see a militant Gay here. ...
Best we have is EH do we not? :)
Your definition of militant is rather exaggerated.
He is a pussy cat.
Hell, I am more militant for the Gay cause than he is and I am not Gay.

Regards
DL
spike

Post by spike »

This post has been about the discriminated against gays by the Church. With women's international day coming up, how about the discrimination the Church has perpetrated against women over the years? That discrimination has been just as bad, if not worse.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

spike wrote:This post has been about the discriminated against gays by the Church. With women's international day coming up, how about the discrimination the Church has perpetrated against women over the years? That discrimination has been just as bad, if not worse.
I agree.

Churches wonder why the numbers are dropping while they continue to put homophobic and chauvinistic men up and women down.

They do not seem to realize that young women will not be as satisfied kissing male ass the way past generations have been forced to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55694664@N ... otostream/

Regards
DL
converge

Post by converge »

spike wrote:I don't think it matters much anymore if the Church discriminates against gays, because gays and the world have moved on, beyond the constraints of the Church. Life can be lived without the Church. And for many gays who remain religious, they have adjusted and learned to reconcile their life style with the dogma of the Church, accepting some doctrine and discarding others.

Today's gays are existentialist whose live style is not going to be crimped by some orthodox institution like the Church.
Spike, no offense, (ok some offense), but this is a completely ignorant and self-centered viewpoint. I responded to your other post about this, where your apparent evidence for this belief is that you went on a cruise and there were gay people there that weren't being actively beaten by anyone. As I responded there, you should first look at the rest of the world outside of the U.S., like in the middle east for instance, where people are executed or have their genitals cut off by the church if they are gay. Being shot in the head definitely "crimps your style". In the U.S., off of cruise ships and in the real world, gay bashing is alive and well, with thousands of school children being beaten with tacit approval from local churches and schools. The Mormon church spends billions of dollars, a huge chunk of its income, in lobbying the government to ban rights for gays and in launching hugely expensive media campaigns to demonize gay people. Across the middle U.S., the right-wing radio shows are all talking about how everything bad in the world is the fault of gays. The Westboro Baptist church is the new media darling, picketing funerals and funding hate speech campaigns. There is a huge epidemic of gay children committing suicide, especially in the midwest, where they are taught that they are an abomination in the eyes of God and a failure to their family. Thirteen year old kids living with hyperconservative families are not "existentialists whose life style is not going to be crimped by the church". The Church is all these people know. Gay kids only grow to see that the church is an institution based on hate and ignorance if they survive that long, and manage to move away from their family and all former friends, abandoning their lives completely to try to start a new life in a more liberal area like the big cities. This is something that requires financial independence and education and the ability to stand up against everything and everyone you were raised with, something that many kids in the midwest are not going to be able to do. This is a problem.

As I said before, if you really believe it's not a problem, then prove it, and go to Iran and try to hit on some fundamentalists.
spike

Post by spike »

As I said before, if you really believe it's not a problem, then prove it, and go to Iran and try to hit on some fundamentalists.
Why go to Iran, I wouldn't hit on some fundamentalist here.

I wonder if they have a chapter of the friends of Dorothy in Iran?
Izzywizzy

Post by Izzywizzy »

Chaz wyman wrote
You talking about the western CHURCH in this thread or other unchristian nations? your evidence not dramatics please and thanks in advance btw this thread is talking about the western church maybe you need to realise this before carrying on further lol thanks for the laughs

@ Spike yes how about discrimination on women by the church of the west? but even i as a woman won`t enter their doctrine to rubbish them..its theirs to have thats the freedom we offer..we say let it be when sharia laws are allowed and jewish laws are allowed in europe so let the church even if its wrong be allowed..its up to us to discern who we go to..as adults gays have no right to tell any church what to do..as adults women can leave the fabricated church but still accept Jesus ..in other words, the church like politics has the right to discriminate..politicians do this every day..they only allow conservatives or republicans to join their party if they are republican ..even schooling is controlled by left wing chaos liberals unless its private schooling..tell me which establishment doesn`t discriminate? even establishment SCIENCE does against future scientists. I walked into a gay bar once with my boyfriend the first thing the door man did was tell us to leave..he said we are not a hetrosexual bar ..when i told him i was visiting my gay relative who happened to manage the bar he was all apologetic and allowed us entry..establishment and discrimination works on smaller scales with gays aswell. Lets not lose sight of this fact.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Izzywizzy wrote:Chaz wyman wrote

You talking about the western CHURCH in this thread or other unchristian nations? your evidence not dramatics please and thanks in advance btw this thread is talking about the western church maybe you need to realise this before carrying on further lol thanks for the laughs

I'm talking about the sort of countries that really take Christianity seriously, unlike the unchristian west. Uganda hangs gay people that is where the church leads when they take god seriously. It's no laughing matter.
I'm surprised you can so easily dismiss the Ugandan evidence as "dramatics", as if black people didn't count - well they do count, and so do children buggered by Catholic priests the world over. I take all of this stuff seriously and so should you.

@ Spike yes how about discrimination on women by the church of the west? but even i as a woman won`t enter their doctrine to rubbish them..its theirs to have thats the freedom we offer..we say let it be when sharia laws are allowed and jewish laws are allowed in europe so let the church even if its wrong be allowed..its up to us to discern who we go to..as adults gays have no right to tell any church what to do..as adults women can leave the fabricated church but still accept Jesus ..in other words, the church like politics has the right to discriminate..politicians do this every day..they only allow conservatives or republicans to join their party if they are republican ..even schooling is controlled by left wing chaos liberals unless its private schooling..tell me which establishment doesn`t discriminate? even establishment SCIENCE does against future scientists. I walked into a gay bar once with my boyfriend the first thing the door man did was tell us to leave..he said we are not a hetrosexual bar ..when i told him i was visiting my gay relative who happened to manage the bar he was all apologetic and allowed us entry..establishment and discrimination works on smaller scales with gays aswell. Lets not lose sight of this fact.
Izzywizzy

Post by Izzywizzy »

I'm talking about the sort of countries that really take Christianity seriously, unlike the unchristian west
another bald assertion with no back up or links or sources my why do i sigh every time you exaggerate..the west is proven to be christian read up on the stats

Um Arab and Israelie and Atheist Hindu countries stone and bomb and terrorise innocent civilians every day people they are not christians so what is your point? this thread is about the church of the west lets stick to the points or start your own thread.
converge

Post by converge »

spike wrote:
Why go to Iran, I wouldn't hit on some fundamentalist here.

I wonder if they have a chapter of the friends of Dorothy in Iran?
Do you even know where that term comes from?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Izzywizzy wrote:Chaz wyman wrote

We all discriminate and in most cases its is fair and just discrimination.

The thing is, here we of the secular, are trying to create a more tolerant and just society while the church continues it's self centered tribalistic ways and is hindering the process without ever justifying it's discrimination .

God says so does not cut it. God is, for all we know, an imaginary construct.

Regards
DL