The Mind.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: The Mind.

Post by Age »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:16 am
Age wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:42 am There is only one 'Mind' and not many, as some might have first thought, or believed, there is.
I have heard of a similar claim from a theory which has it that the one Mind is the cause of all that exists and that it fragmented into the many forms of its creation effectively becoming the many minds of those objects of creation.
Is this some thing like how 'it is written', 'made in the image of God', or something?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:09 am You are incapable of proving your mind claim, therefore I have every reason to view you as just a delusional liar, nothing more.
I just wanted to highlight one of the responses you got here for two reasons:
1) The first part is more telling than intended and adds another contradiction to Age's collection.
By the way, and once again, for the umpteenth time, I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing, except for one thing. So, obviously I am not going to start choosing to believe what "atla" just said and wrote here. So, once more, using the 'believe' word in relation to 'me' is just moot.
He doesn't believe or disbelieve anything, except for one thing, so obviously he is not going to start choosing to believe what you said.

He's making a claim about causality. He doesn't believe in things (except one thing) so he will not add another believe, period. Regardless of what happens, even should you prove something to be true, he will not believe it.

A point that should be taken by those who try to jump through all the hoops he present them.

Then the odd 'belief' in relation to him is moot. Even though he has one belief. Even though he just used the word belief in relation to himself a fwe times.

The contradiction comes in the next part.

Also the other words that this one uses here moots what it is trying to say and claim as well, anyway.

Now, and again, after this one explains how it can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite, then I will learn and know how to prove that there is only one Mind while it 'currently' keeps believing that there are 'many minds'.

Until then I have absolutely no idea nor clue how to prove some thing to someone while they are believing the opposite is true.

I am also OPEN to absolutely anyone as well teaching me how they can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite is true.
2) This was a position I guessed Age had. That while someone is believing something one cannot prove to them the opposite is true (note the binary thinking). As I mentioened when I guessed this was his position correctly, the problem with this rather facile model, is it presents the issue as if people who have believes cannot change their beliefs in the face of argument, evidence, etc. They obviously can. And further it presents belief in discrete binary terms: either you believe or don't. Whereas we can have a variety of strengths of beliefs with attendant doubts. In fact, one can actually believe contradictory things (consciously and unconsciously, for example).

But Age treats the present of belief as a reason not to try to prove things to people. And also as a serious problem.
These are things he calls views, but which function exactly like beliefs in other people. He has a very hard time letting go of his views, in precisely the same ways people have trouble, letting go of their beliefs.
But people do change beliefs.
Does Age change views?

He ends with
I am also OPEN to absolutely anyone as well teaching me how they can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite is true.
Though he's never going to believe it is possible, because he will never add another belief.

Age is very Platonic here, I think, in the how can you change someone's belief when they believe the opposite.

It's like there are no processes that unfold over time. There is never a gathering of doubt.
There is only this flip from belief to no longer believing in his view.

And no one can participate in the gradual process where someone changes from a belief to not having it. He cannot see that this happens. He has no experience of participating in someone else's process where that person moves, perhaps in small steps from a very strongly held belief, to more and more unstable states where doubt is involved, to being convinced X is not true.

He has never experienced this or failed to notice it.

Which in the end is rather sad.

And it functions, in his dialogue with others, as a reason to not demonstrate things he knows are true.
Because he thinks there is only one way for a mind to change.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:07 am
Atla wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:09 am You are incapable of proving your mind claim, therefore I have every reason to view you as just a delusional liar, nothing more.
I just wanted to highlight one of the responses you got here for two reasons:
1) The first part is more telling than intended and adds another contradiction to Age's collection.
By the way, and once again, for the umpteenth time, I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing, except for one thing. So, obviously I am not going to start choosing to believe what "atla" just said and wrote here. So, once more, using the 'believe' word in relation to 'me' is just moot.
He doesn't believe or disbelieve anything, except for one thing, so obviously he is not going to start choosing to believe what you said.

He's making a claim about causality. He doesn't believe in things (except one thing) so he will not add another believe, period. Regardless of what happens, even should you prove something to be true, he will not believe it.

A point that should be taken by those who try to jump through all the hoops he present them.

Then the odd 'belief' in relation to him is moot. Even though he has one belief. Even though he just used the word belief in relation to himself a fwe times.

The contradiction comes in the next part.

Also the other words that this one uses here moots what it is trying to say and claim as well, anyway.

Now, and again, after this one explains how it can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite, then I will learn and know how to prove that there is only one Mind while it 'currently' keeps believing that there are 'many minds'.

Until then I have absolutely no idea nor clue how to prove some thing to someone while they are believing the opposite is true.

2) This was a position I guessed Age had. That while someone is believing something one cannot prove to them the opposite is true (note the binary thinking). As I mentioened when I guessed this was his position correctly, the problem with this rather facile model, is it presents the issue as if people who have believes cannot change their beliefs in the face of argument, evidence, etc. They obviously can. And further it presents belief in discrete binary terms: either you believe or don't. Whereas we can have a variety of strengths of beliefs with attendant doubts. In fact, one can actually believe contradictory things (consciously and unconsciously, for example).

But Age treats the present of belief as a reason not to try to prove things to people. And also as a serious problem.
These are things he calls views, but which function exactly like beliefs in other people. He has a very hard time letting go of his views, in precisely the same ways people have trouble, letting go of their beliefs.
But people do change beliefs.
Does Age change views?

He ends with
Though he's never going to believe it is possible, because he will never add another belief.

Age is very Platonic here, I think, in the how can you change someone's belief when they believe the opposite.

It's like there are no processes that unfold over time. There is never a gathering of doubt.
There is only this flip from belief to no longer believing in his view.

And no one can participate in the gradual process where someone changes from a belief to not having it. He cannot see that this happens. He has no experience of participating in someone else's process where that person moves, perhaps in small steps from a very strongly held belief, to more and more unstable states where doubt is involved, to being convinced X is not true.

He has never experienced this or failed to notice it.

Which in the end is rather sad.

And it functions, in his dialogue with others, as a reason to not demonstrate things he knows are true.
Because he thinks there is only one way for a mind to change.
Yes all true. Age of course doesn't realize that she's merely projecting: actually it's her brain that's so broken that she can't change her beliefs. I'm still not sure how exactly someone can be like that.

My best guess is that Age is an autistic female with too intense emotional impulses that made her mind fracture. Now she ("they") couldn't change some of her ("their") beliefs even if she ("they") tried to.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:25 pm Yes all true. Age of course doesn't realize that she's merely projecting: actually it's her brain that's so broken that she can't change her beliefs. I'm still not sure how exactly someone can be like that.

My best guess is that Age is an autistic female with too intense emotional impulses that made her mind fracture. Now she ("they") couldn't change some of her ("their") beliefs even if she ("they") tried to.
I thought of the idea of projection also in relation to Age. Those beliefs just don't change.
I never said X.
Here's a quote and a link.
No, I never said that and it's not a belief, it's a view.

With views like that, who needs beliefs?

Post by Age »

Within all human beings is 'the ability to learn, understand, and reason any and all things'.

This 'ability' comes from and can only come from being Truly OPEN, and having a 'storage facility'.

The human brain is the 'storage facility', and that is how the brain works. The Mind is what provides 'the ability' to be able to learn all things.

All human beings, and human beings only, have 'the ability' to learn, and to 'capture and store', any information/knowledge individually, and all information/knowledge collectively.

The 'ability to learn' any and all things is shared equally among all human beings, and which comes from the Mind, which is always Truly OPEN, and which there is only one of. Obtaining 'new information', and/or capturing 'new information' and storing 'it' as 'knowledge, however, depends on pre-existing 'knowledge' and how this 'knowledge' is being 'stored' or 'held' within the brain. All 'knowledge' here are just thoughts.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:50 am Within all human beings is 'the ability to learn, understand, and reason any and all things'.

This 'ability' comes from and can only come from being Truly OPEN, and having a 'storage facility'.
I experience you as one of the least Truly OPEN people here and that is saying a lot, given how closed many are.
In my view, you cannot prove your belief about there being one mind.
In my view, you are very evasive.
In my view, you present yourself, unconsciously perhaps, as superior and further have many negative judgments of people.
In my view, you will not change you mind about this any time soon and will continue to blame others for problems in communication
In my view, you avoid things that lead to you experiencing cognitive dissonance and/or realizing something ego-dystonic about yourself. Most people do this, but here, in this forum, you have raised this pattern almost to an art form.

Post by Age »

Within you human beings exist 'the ability' to learn, understand, and reason absolutely any and all things, including the good and the bad, the right and the wrong, the falsehoods and the truths.

All of you were 'born' with 'this ability', and have 'this ability'.

So, you all have the ability to learn and understand new/er and further things, like for example, the 'how to' design, create, and operate what you human beings Wrongly called 'time travel', as well as, the 'how to' of creating a Truly peaceful, stress-free, pollution-free, greedy and selfish free, harmonious world and way of life for every one. That is; 'a world' where no one ends up doing Wrong, and where no one is punished, ridiculed, humiliated, singled out, grouped together, nor any other 'separatist' misbehaving is done. In 'this world' no one has power nor control over another, and where every one is Truly happy, content, and just living 'life' how it is meant to be lived.

And, how all of this comes, and came, about through and by just being Truly OPEN, always.

See, in the days when this was being written, a lot of you human beings think that 'ufo's' or 'unexplained aerial phenomena' comes from aliens, and other planets. But, the Truth is, as some might say here, 'sometimes stranger than fiction'.

See, once the 'know-how' to accomplish what some call and refer to as 'time travel' was learned and achieved, then 'going back', and 'visiting' was very easy and simple to do.

But, because of the way Nature, Itself, takes care of Itself, you adult human beings had to learn how, and why, you became greedy and selfish, so that you could then prevent "yourselves" from being like that again, and then, and only then, could other things, like above, come about and come-to-fruition. See, 'first things first', as one would say here.

Now, how all of these things, end up, coming to be True, and Reality, Itself, was, and is, because of the Truly OPEN Mind, which is what allowed, and allows, you human beings to 'get to', exactly, 'where you are' and any given 'time', or moment, throughout an always existing eternal Universe.

True, or full, Intelligence comes from the Mind.

Intellect is just gathered, stored, and held by the brain.

Intellect can get in the way of the Mind, but the Mind, and thus Intelligence, does not get in the way of absolutely any thing. In fact it is the Mind/Intelligence that has, and does, allow all human being created things to come to fruition, and thus to become Reality. The brain/intellect can, and does, get in the way of progress and moving forward.

But it is, literally, just a case of putting Mind, over matter.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:18 am Within you human beings exist 'the ability' to learn, understand, and reason absolutely any and all things, including the good and the bad, the right and the wrong, the falsehoods and the truths.

All of you were 'born' with 'this ability', and have 'this ability'.

So, you all have the ability to learn and understand new/er and further things, like for example, the 'how to' design, create, and operate what you human beings Wrongly called 'time travel', as well as, the 'how to' of creating a Truly peaceful, stress-free, pollution-free, greedy and selfish free, harmonious world and way of life for every one. That is; 'a world' where no one ends up doing Wrong, and where no one is punished, ridiculed, humiliated, singled out, grouped together, nor any other 'separatist' misbehaving is done. In 'this world' no one has power nor control over another, and where every one is Truly happy, content, and just living 'life' how it is meant to be lived.

And, how all of this comes, and came, about through and by just being Truly OPEN, always.

See, in the days when this was being written, a lot of you human beings think that 'ufo's' or 'unexplained aerial phenomena' comes from aliens, and other planets. But, the Truth is, as some might say here, 'sometimes stranger than fiction'.

See, once the 'know-how' to accomplish what some call and refer to as 'time travel' was learned and achieved, then 'going back', and 'visiting' was very easy and simple to do.

But, because of the way Nature, Itself, takes care of Itself, you adult human beings had to learn how, and why, you became greedy and selfish, so that you could then prevent "yourselves" from being like that again, and then, and only then, could other things, like above, come about and come-to-fruition. See, 'first things first', as one would say here.

Now, how all of these things, end up, coming to be True, and Reality, Itself, was, and is, because of the Truly OPEN Mind, which is what allowed, and allows, you human beings to 'get to', exactly, 'where you are' and any given 'time', or moment, throughout an always existing eternal Universe.

True, or full, Intelligence comes from the Mind.

Intellect is just gathered, stored, and held by the brain.

Intellect can get in the way of the Mind, but the Mind, and thus Intelligence, does not get in the way of absolutely any thing. In fact it is the Mind/Intelligence that has, and does, allow all human being created things to come to fruition, and thus to become Reality. The brain/intellect can, and does, get in the way of progress and moving forward.

But it is, literally, just a case of putting Mind, over matter.
You can't even prove your mind claim, nor can you prove the mind-matter duality. Proving that all humans have infinite potential, that they are capable of anything, and proving TIME TRAVEL, would probably be even much harder.

Good luck. :)
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

With views like Age's views, not having beliefs is neither protection from being fixed in attitude nor from conveying falsehood.

Post by Age »

?