How Theology Pre-Empts Philosophy

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: How Theology Pre-Empts Philosophy

Post by promethean75 »

with Fritz i don't absolutely doubt the possibility of a metaphysical world, but with Stirner i absolutely doubt that this metaphysical world would be essentially different in how its structured. there would be existing 'selfs' who's egos govern everything about them, conscious or otherwise. they would be in an environment of some kind that imposed restrictions of some kind everywhere, and a community of spirits that engaged in the same disagreements and collaborations and conflicts that we material egos are engaged in here on erf.

and certainly no 'equality' of any sort. in fact I'd be offended to run across some shmuck in heaven who i knew on erf, just as I'd be offended to run across em here on erf. a family of equal beings, souls, spirits, is inconceivable to me, nor something I would ever strive toward. collective ownership of business and public services/utilities is as far as i go toward 'democracy' or 'equal privilege'. and under no conditions would i ever condone some heaven where everyone lived happily ever after singing praises to god.

i propose that the theory of evolution and natural selection is also true for the spirit world. that is the development of the organism, whether material or immaterial, plasmic, ethereal, AI, whatever u wanna call it, follows the same dynamic in any environment. even secret metaphysical ones we can't observe. Like that famous woodcut art piece of transcendental Kantian space... can't remember the name of it now.
Last edited by promethean75 on Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Ah here it is. Break on through to the other side, dudes.

rsz_1rsz_img_20230109_081154.jpg
rsz_1rsz_img_20230109_081154.jpg (69.57 KiB) Viewed 734 times

rsz_1rsz_img_20230109_081218.jpg
rsz_1rsz_img_20230109_081218.jpg (48.96 KiB) Viewed 734 times
owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

Maybe what is external to us cannot be known ‘as the thing in itself’ so long as it is perceived as external to us.

If there is an external substance and an internal substance and the latter, forces and fields, are responsible for how they are connected, it is apparent that mind, the sixth sense, internal to the outer five plays a role.

It is interesting that mathematical concepts exactly match the external verities of mathematical laws. If a connection is not apparent in substance, how fields, if vacuums, can lead to an external world of substance, gross matter and forms; something from nothing, at least concepts connect with external reality,

Still, concepts are abstract, a view from above, so ‘the thing in itself’ remains elusive.
puto

Post by puto »

Aha, Issue 152 what an accomplishment might be produced, live long and prosper.
puto

Post by puto »

Thank-you dear sir, Anglican Priest: Peter Mullen. Regaining, the method of truth through reasoning is a tool, which you have proven. Knowing, philosophy has its own baggage, implying that God exists was a necessary truth. Thank-you, Sir.
:idea: Work Cited :idea:
Mullen, Peter. “The Ontological Argument Revisited,” Philosophy Now, Oct., Nov. 2022 CE, pp. 8.
puto

Post by puto »

I used the correct format for the Work Cited page, but it did not post correctly.