Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

Dubious wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:35 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:52 pm
The Bible is true because it tells the truth about the living Word of God, Jesus Christ and about man, and about sin, and about judgment, and about prophecy, and, as it turns out, about a whole lot of things, including who God is.
...and no amount of science fact, history, logic, and simple common sense is going to negate the ultimate reality of the bible. One wonders why these fools who can't accept that simple fact continue to argue endlessly against someone who has seen the light, who knows the truth. Vanity of vanities in assuming anyone of those negationists of god inspired scripture can ever win against the written word of god.
NO one can EVER win/counter, nor show OTHERWISE, to one who HOLDS A BELIEF. As has been continually PROVED True throughout this thread, forum, and human history.
Dubious wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:35 pm Fools all of them and doomed as well! :evil:

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:31 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:09 am And the more you keep DEFLECTING, the more this is a sign that your CLAIM is NOT even real at all.
You obviously have mistaken me for someone that cares.
But I NEVER even PRESUMED 'you' cared NOR even would care.

I was just POINTING OUT the IRREFUTABLE Fact that it is TOTAL STUPIDITY to BELIEVE in a 'reincarnation' where EACH person comes back as ANOTHER one, but YET the population of people keeps INCREASING. AND, this is NOT even taking into consideration ALL of the OTHER COMPLETELY and OBVIOUSLY STUPID CLAIMS made in that VERSION of 'reincarnation'.

Also, 'your' complete lack of ABILITY to just EXPLAIN this just one DISCREPANCY here "attofishpi" just FURTHER REINFORCES the STUPIDITY of 'your' CLAIM here.

Post by Age »

iambiguous wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:53 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:09 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:43 pm

Most reincarnate as human as children of the families they deserve. It's still puzzling to think at which point a soul has its very first incarnation upon the planet.
I am still puzzled as to how from a fixed number of people, let us say two for example, that in a 'karmic reincarnated world' the number of people could increase, let alone being puzzled about ANY thing else here, YET.

But now, by the way, what does the 'soul' word mean or refer to, to you?
attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:43 pm We could consider that ALL of humanity from past ages are now here present upon this fairly screwed up planet!
We could consider this, but if we did, then this still does NOT answer my question here, posed to you, and only deflects and detracts away from that question.
attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:43 pm It makes me have a small laugh when I see politicians with little commitment to reducing greenhouse gas emissions talking codshit about what our future generations need...when actually we reep what we sow - these politicians will be reborn into the future..lol.
Okay, but HOW, in some supposed and alleged 'karmic reincarnated world' where, supposedly, each individual person 'comes back' as 'another person', could the population of people increase?

Answer this sufficiently, then you might start getting more people beginning to accept YOUR CLAIM here. Until then what you CLAIM here is an IMPOSSIBILITY, well to me anyway.

And the more you keep DEFLECTING, the more this is a sign that your CLAIM is NOT even real at all.

Of course: the irresistible force "condition" crashing headlong into the immovable object "condition".

Which one of these so-called 'conditions' are 'you', 'imabiguous", diagnosing 'me' with?

What is YOUR diagnosis based upon, EXACTLY?

And, have 'you' diagnosed 'your' OWN 'condition' YET? Or, can 'you' STILL NOT YET SEE and RECOGNIZE 'it'?

but why oh why does it have to be here?!
Well 'your' 'condition' is here, so WHY NOT ANY or ALL of the OTHER ones?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:12 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:09 am And the more you keep DEFLECTING, the more this is a sign that your CLAIM is NOT even real at all.

I was just POINTING OUT the IRREFUTABLE Fact that it is TOTAL STUPIDITY to BELIEVE in a 'reincarnation' where EACH person comes back as ANOTHER one, but YET the population of people keeps INCREASING. AND, this is NOT even taking into consideration ALL of the OTHER COMPLETELY and OBVIOUSLY STUPID CLAIMS made in that VERSION of 'reincarnation'.

Also, 'your' complete lack of ABILITY to just EXPLAIN this just one DISCREPANCY here "attofishpi" just FURTHER REINFORCES the STUPIDITY of 'your' CLAIM here.
LOL

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:34 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:12 am

LOL
This was a typical response from those, back in those olden days, when they had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, which could even begin to back up and support their CLAIMS.

ONCE AGAIN, I suggest OBTAINING and HAVING the ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE PROOF of what 'it' is, which you want to CLAIM here in this forum, BEFORE you begin to make the CLAIM public. That way you will NOT come UNSTUCK, like you have here now.
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

seeds wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:01 pm Here is a possible conversation that might take place in heaven sometime in the future...
Oh boy. Is it true, Immanuel Can? Would you torture us at Jesus's entreaty? After all, somebody has to torture us, and if Jesus says the torture is not just OK but required, then it is - and, so, you'd be fully justified in joining in the fun as torturer, wouldn't you?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:19 am
Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:09 am

I am still puzzled as to how from a fixed number of people, let us say two for example, that in a 'karmic reincarnated world' the number of people could increase, let alone being puzzled about ANY thing else here, YET.

But now, by the way, what does the 'soul' word mean or refer to, to you?

We could consider this, but if we did, then this still does NOT answer my question here, posed to you, and only deflects and detracts away from that question.

Okay, but HOW, in some supposed and alleged 'karmic reincarnated world' where, supposedly, each individual person 'comes back' as 'another person', could the population of people increase?

Answer this sufficiently, then you might start getting more people beginning to accept YOUR CLAIM here. Until then what you CLAIM here is an IMPOSSIBILITY, well to me anyway.

And the more you keep DEFLECTING, the more this is a sign that your CLAIM is NOT even real at all.

Of course: the irresistible force "condition" crashing headlong into the immovable object "condition".

Which one of these so-called 'conditions' are 'you', 'imabiguous", diagnosing 'me' with?

And, have 'you' diagnosed 'your' OWN 'condition' YET? Or, can 'you' STILL NOT YET SEE and RECOGNIZE 'it'?

NOTE to the Christian GOD:

HOW can it NOT be A "condition"?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

observations made in subject 'Age' speech analysis:

Subject displays strong tendency to capitalize compound noun/verb phrasing and stative/dynamic action verbs while omitting copulas, conjunctions, prepositions, determiners, intensifiers and superlatives.

proposal: subject suffers a minor disassociative object-directed orientation in free association speech production resulting in a by-transitive process suspension in grammar structure generation and recognition; objects, qualities and actions are expressed with greater emphasis than are the operating syntactical functions expressed in the speech. This is a remarkable instance of the standard recursion described by the Holden Tudiks rule.

i would like to conduct some tests with the subject's consent if that can be made possible. I would need some biographical information first tho so i can set the age appropriate (pun there) parameters for the testing.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

"Fool’s gold exists because there is real gold." –Rumi
This thread is filled with fool's gold. According to Rumi, there must be some real gold hidden within all that fool's gold. Where??
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

When I wuz 16 i wuz in a privately owned wilderness camp for miscreants, misfits and behaviorally challenged adolescent males that was literally situated on a pyrite colony. It wuz everywhere. If you dug around anywhere there wuz rocks, you'd find chunks of pyrite. Sometimes in almost perfectly shaped miniature cubes. Like there wuz so much of it it wasn't even exciting to collect it. Quartz crystal wuz exciting tho because you rarely found it, but when you did, it would be shaped like a crystal with symmetrical facets and everything. You could sell em at a hippy shop for a few bucks if you were so inclined. True story.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Dude wtf they sold my wilderness camp? I can't believe this.

a part of my childhood has been stripped away and turned into a goddamn real estate deal, cold, shrewd and impersonal like a capitalist. And an auction no less. Bro you can't sell the sacred ground of some of my most important years to the highest bidder! I feel absolutely violated, Nick.

https://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/b ... 0617.shtml
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:21 am
This thread is filled with fool's gold. According to Rumi, there must be some real gold hidden within all that fool's gold. Where??
But there must be some sage-quote that would refer to those who can't or won't see gold (value) where there really is value and instead see something inferior. So is the problem yours?

It seems to me Nick that you have not really been paying attention. You seem to feel that your perspective on the value of one aspect of Christianity has not been recognized. Yet I have said time and again that the sort of spirituality that you advocate certainly has validity -- for those engaged in personal, and perhaps also solitary, spiritual pursuit. Additionally, you have yourself maintained that the path that you describe as being valuable predated the advent of Christianity. You are advocating Platonism.

The conversation that has taken shape has not been about that. In the largest sense this has been a sort of battle against the Christian person Immanuel, who sets up a conversation where he is at the center, and also the type of mass-Christianity that he represents.

The conversation you want to have would only be appropriate for a closed forum among people who share that path. How *foolish* (I might say) that you think that conversation could occur here.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:41 am Dude wtf they sold my wilderness camp? I can't believe this.

a part of my childhood has been stripped away and turned into a goddamn real estate deal, cold, shrewd and impersonal like a capitalist. And an auction no less. Bro you can't sell the sacred ground of some of my most important years to the highest bidder! I feel absolutely violated, Nick.

https://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/b ... 0617.shtml
From Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi:
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise
Put up a parking lot.
No matter what they tell you, the bottom line is that cash determines value. Sacred means nothing. If it can be transformed into cash it has value.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:06 am
Nick_A wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:21 am
But there must be some sage-quote that would refer to those who can't or won't see gold (value) where there really is value and instead see something inferior. So is the problem yours?

It seems to me Nick that you have not really been paying attention. You seem to feel that your perspective on the value of one aspect of Christianity has not been recognized. Yet I have said time and again that the sort of spirituality that you advocate certainly has validity -- for those engaged in personal, and perhaps also solitary, spiritual pursuit. Additionally, you have yourself maintained that the path that you describe as being valuable predated the advent of Christianity. You are advocating Platonism.

The conversation that has taken shape has not been about that. In the largest sense this has been a sort of battle against the Christian person Immanuel, who sets up a conversation where he is at the center, and also the type of mass-Christianity that he represents.

The conversation you want to have would only be appropriate for a closed forum among people who share that path. How *foolish* (I might say) that you think that conversation could occur here.
So the meaning and purpose of Christianity in philosophy forums is defined by the variety of ways people can find to curse out IC. Live and learn

Post by Age »

iambiguous wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:40 pm
Age wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:19 am

NOTE to the Christian GOD:

HOW can it NOT be A "condition"?
It is OBVIOUSLY A 'condition' this one HAS.

AND, who or what is this so-called "christian God", which 'you' talk about and refer to here, "iambiguous"?