Schrodinger's Cat Thought Experiment

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MagsJ

Re: Schrodinger's Cat Thought Experiment

Post by MagsJ »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:02 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 am One world, many witnesses.. so differing styles of witnessing/experiencing that one world.

Does one aspect need be fundamental, over another? It sounds to me that you have removed the emotional aspect of thought from the observation, so the event being just the event but without consequence.
In a movie theater there are many consciousness experiencing a single realm. In this Divine theater, there is a single consciousness experiencing many realms. The ego has its model of reality inverted.
Indeed.. we can say “not in my world” all we want -which I use to say- but all we really got is our sole perspective, not many worlds.
roydop wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 am Having the ability to flip between the two realms, I do experience and describe the thought-free realm to be more fundamental than the normal state of human, thought-based state. And yes, it does remove all emotion. The state is called "Sat Chit Ananda". This is the state I keep pointing to that gets some folk here all bent outta shape. :D
Yea, they seem to get all emotional about it. :)

There’s nothing wrong with emotions, but I prefer to be the boss of mine, not others thinking that they are the boss of mine.. the way of the world, and all that.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

roydop wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 am Sally opens the box and sadly declares the state of a dead cat.

Roy opens the box without any thoughts entering his consciousness. He simply witnesses free from interpretation.

In Sally's world there is a dead cat and Roy's world is still in superposition.

A: Are there two worlds?

B: Which world is more fundamental?
Roy probably needs glasses.
If the box is open, then the game is up.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:46 am Cessation of emotion, doesn’t mean emotion-less
But that's not what he said. He said 'Yes, it does remove all emotion.'
You even quoted that, in your response to me. Why change the words?

In any case: Have you removed all emotion? If not, then you are talking about something else.

I don't think you are correct about the meaning of cessate or cessation, but that's not so relevant.

And of course reducing stress levels, if they are unhealthy, is a good thing.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHNOPS

Post by CHNOPS »

roydop wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:06 pm
CHNOPS wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:34 pm When you think that thoughts are too important, then you think that is there are no thought then there are no thing at all.

That is so so wrong.

When you turn off the thoughts, you just... turn off the thoughts.... you still have experience, sensations...., you still see, hear and feel.

The ego of "roydop" is too strong that it make him understand all wrong :roll:

When you are "awakened" or "enlightened", is just that the ego construct is gone, because is made of thoughs, and then you percieve all without judge, so you dont think in terms of "I am" or "you are", and that is where you understand that this "I am" is a construction and is not real.

And if you are not this "I am", then, what are you? That is what you may understand in that experience, because if nothing can define what you are but you are still being, existing, then MAYBE you are that "thing" that there is not a thing... and you understand the limits of knowledge, where there are two options:

1- Even if "I am" is not real, the experience start with the complex matter of the new born body.
2- "I am" is not real, and the experience is what start in the origin of the first matter.

But you dont go to another state, you dont experience "superposition". That is all just wrong understanding.

And you cannot conclude one theory or the other from the experience of being without thoughs, because it can be explained from the two theories.

roydop is just a person, like there are a lot, who have experience this, but dont understand that this experience doesnt make you smart instantly, you must to put all in orden, and that take time, study, understanding other theories, etc.

Dont make this theory more bad reputation, that it has bad reputation already.

Sorry for my english.
You keep coming back to thought/mind. I'm speaking of the TRANSCENDENCE of the voice in your head

That's it, that's all. Simple abidance in/as thought free Awareness
Just answer this question:

¿In that TRASNCENDENCE of the voice in your head, you still seeing colors and hearing sounds?

Yes or not.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:09 pm
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:46 am Cessation of emotion, doesn’t mean emotion-less
But that's not what he said. He said 'Yes, it does remove all emotion.'
You even quoted that, in your response to me. Why change the words?
..the non-creation of, so being emotion less doesn’t mean being an emotionless person, but that a person’s emotions are under their own control.. hence my change of definition, to best-clarify the ‘state’ that Roy mentioned.

I wasn’t attempting to fool anyone, but to best-describe the ‘state’.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:09 pm In any case: Have you removed all emotion? If not, then you are talking about something else.

I don't think you are correct about the meaning of cessate or cessation, but that's not so relevant.
I do not 'get triggered' by others, so there is no emotion/s to be removed.. I am emotion less, but not emotionless.

Cessation? ..a stopping of or ceasing of, an ‘action’ ‘thought’ or ‘feeling’.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:09 pm And of course reducing stress levels, if they are unhealthy, is a good thing.
..ever been stuck in ‘fight or flight’? ..is why.

Nobody cares whether you’re struggling and stressed.. you gotta do that yourself.. control input/output, to lesson the unnecessary burden of others’ whims.
Last edited by MagsJ on Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:20 pm ..the non-creation of, so being emotion less doesn’t mean being an emotionless person, but that a person’s emotions are under their own control.. hence my change of definition, to clarify the ‘state’ that Roy mentioned.
Why would one describe having one's emotions under control as removing emotions? And why didn't he say anything like what you are saying when he responded?
I wasn’t attempting to fool anyone, but to best-describe the ‘state’.
So, you experience the non-dual state?
I do not 'get triggered' by others, so there is no emotion/s to be removed.. I am emotion less, but not emotionless.
Do you have emotions? If so, they haven't been removed.

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:09 pm And of course reducing stress levels, if they are unhealthy, is a good thing.

Nobody cares whether you’re struggling and stressed.. you gotta do that yourself.. control input/output, to lesson burden.
I don't understand, I agreed with you here. I didn't say other people would care. Some do, most don't, though those I meet regularly do care. But, it's still my responsibility. It seems so far that we are talking at crosspurposes somehow.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:25 pm Why would one describe having one's emotions under control as removing emotions? And why didn't he say anything like what you are saying when he responded?
“Why would one describe having one's emotions under control as removing emotions?”

One goal, different avenues to arrive at that goal by.. let’s call it ‘creative license’. I guess you’re assuming that there is only one method/one way?

“And why didn't he say anything like what you are saying when he responded?”

You’ll have to take that one up with Roy.. as I can’t speak for him, but only best-describe the ‘state’.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:25 pm
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:20 pm I wasn’t attempting to fool anyone, but to best-describe the ‘state’.
For me.. it’s not a fixed state, but is more situation-dependent, than constant.
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:20 pm
Do you have emotions? If so, they haven't been removed.
“Do you have emotions?”

..only if I choose to have.

“If so, they haven't been removed.”

Emotions are dormant things, until triggered by things, and hindering or unhelpful emotions can be made consciously dormant or removed altogether. We don’t all have the exact same set of emotions or emotional triggers, you know.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:09 pm
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:20 pm

Nobody cares whether you’re struggling and stressed.. you gotta do that yourself.. control input/output, to lesson burden.
I don't understand, I agreed with you here. I didn't say other people would care. Some do, most don't, though those I meet regularly do care. But, it's still my responsibility. It seems so far that we are talking at crosspurposes somehow.
..just confirming my position, for clarity’s sake.. cross-purposes, unintentional.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:08 pm “Why would one describe having one's emotions under control as removing emotions?”

One goal, different avenues to arrive at that goal by.. let’s call it ‘creative license’. I guess you’re assuming that there is only one method/one way?
Method for what? One method removes emotions. One controls them. IN the latter case, they are still there.
You’ll have to take that one up with Roy.. as I can’t speak for him, but only best-describe the ‘state’.
I did take it up with him. He didn't deny or qualify what he said, so I am taking him at his word. It also fits with the spirituality and some of his main sources.

Which state are you talking about?
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:20 pm I wasn’t attempting to fool anyone, but to best-describe the ‘state’.
For me.. it’s not a fixed state, but is more situation-dependent, than constant.
But it's non-dual?
Emotions are dormant things, until triggered by things, and hindering or unhelpful emotions can be made consciously dormant or removed altogether. We don’t all have the exact same set of emotions or emotional triggers, you know.
Sure.
..just confirming my position, for clarity’s sake.. cross-purposes, unintentional.
Oh, I assumed it wasn't intentional on either of our parts.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:02 pm
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:08 pm “Why would one describe having one's emotions under control as removing emotions?”

Method for what? One method removes emotions. One controls them. IN the latter case, they are still there.
..you just answered your own question, so I need not.
I did take it up with him. He didn't deny or qualify what he said, so I am taking him at his word. It also fits with the spirituality and some of his main sources.

Which one do you think?
But it's non-dual?
I am what I am, at any given moment.. if that helps.
Sure.
Attempting to relay the process of the endeavour, is an endeavour in itself. :)
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Btw, your username begs the question.. you “wanna-Plato what”? :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

No thing is either / or Dead nor Alive

Everything is living and dying SIMULTANEOUSLY infinitely for eternity
This is the Absolute truth

The artificial conceptual overlay superimposed upon 0 is the exact mirror image of itself and is the cause of all knowledge which is an illusion, because how can 1 exist…the illusion has to be real
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:53 pm
Btw, your username begs the question.. you “wanna-Plato what”? :lol:
Volleyball, but they won't let me in
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:45 pm

..you just answered your own question, so I need not.

Which one do you think?
But it's non-dual?
I am what I am, at any given moment.. if that helps.
Sure.
Attempting to relay the process of the endeavour, is an endeavour in itself. :)
I see the ambiguous profundity response is speading here. So...
But was the mountain the same as when you were a child?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:28 am I see the ambiguous profundity response is speading here. So...
Oh, I knew all that, I thought you were saying something new and about yourself.
Neither this thread nor that line of questioning, gave me any want, to do so.. I do such things at my own leisure, not Others’.. I am not a 'bubbly' open book.

Ahhh! I had wondered what your motive/objective here, was.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:26 am
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:53 pm Btw, your username begs the question.. you “wanna-Plato what”? :lol:
Volleyball, but they won't let me in
Female volleyball? every males [damp] dream.

I wanna-plato scrambled eggs.. to have with my ubiquitous coffee of a morning, and later.. I wanna-plato something yummy for dinner, but I don’t yet know what.