Words are stupid.

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Words are stupid.

Post by Dontaskme »

This place of Everything was Nothing before human language came along and screwed it up with stupid words that even more stupidly can have multiple meanings for the same word.

And is why Dogs are luckier than Gods. It's no coincidence that mans best friend is his dog. It's no coincidence that mans best friend cannot talk.

Philosophy is my friend, but truth is better.
Dontaskme

Re: Words are stupid.

Post by Dontaskme »

Arguing philosophy with words is a stupid pointless persuit. No one wins the argument because no one really knows anything, since all words are basically built upon empty sound heard as words, words that are in essence, empty and meaningless to the core.

We're all just barking dogs..competing for centre stage, it's a grotesque reality that does not actually exist, except as imagined.

No one understands what's happening or going on here, and is why we will keep on pretending we do until we die, and then when we die, we won't even know that either.

In essence, nothing ever happens. Nothing is known.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

People are not stupid, it's their words that are stupid.

It's like dogs are not stupid either, dogs are just doing dog stuff, the stuff that dogs are programmed to do by their very nature of being.

Same with all other non-verbal sentient creatures, they're all just doing what they do as well, what nature programmed them to do, it's all perfectly normal what they do. Are animals stupid, do they have mental conditions that need medication, do animals need to go to mental institutions to be sorted out?

It's only human language that's stupid, humans believing in their own language, really are the only crazy ones here believing there is something mentally wrong with them, when there really IS NOTHING WHATSOEVER WRONG WITH THEM AT ALL...except what their words mis-inform them of such.

mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

I disagree, though I believe you do have a point.

The problem as I see it with language is

a) we are all brought up thinking it is more effective than it is, and when we realise how inadequate it is for our purposes (especially if our purposes are philosophical) we are hugely disappointed and can easily fall into deep despair.

b) it is very effective when and only when the conversation is completely, consciously and dedicatedly cooperative.

In my experience, b is rarely the case when philosophers get together to argue, neither here at the Phorum, nor elsewhere. Philosophy is a gentle art, quite unsuited to the kind of fight-to-the-death idea-warriors that call themselves "philosophers".
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:59 am b) it is very effective when and only when the conversation is completely, consciously and dedicatedly cooperative.

In my experience, b is rarely the case when philosophers get together to argue, neither here at the Phorum, nor elsewhere. Philosophy is a gentle art, quite unsuited to the kind of fight-to-the-death idea-warriors that call themselves "philosophers".
The old sages said much of the same in drawing a distinction between Eristic and Dialectic.

And the new sages put it in different words: Human communication usually fails, except by accident. --Osmo A. Wiio

Anything that resembles a testosterone-driven dick-measuring stand-off is a destruction, not creation of knowledge.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

just because you can't understand your dog doesn't mean your tree can't...

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 pm just because you can't understand your dog doesn't mean your tree can't...

-Imp
The tree standing in my garden, can see and know itself as and through me, what ever me is, imagine that.

Am I a tree or a me.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

depends on your bark

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:37 pm depends on your bark

-Imp
:lol:

Tree dogs don't bark.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

It's not words which are stupid. It's the brain dead clods who don't know how to use them. Words can hide as well as reveal.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

dog.jpg
dog.jpg (86.83 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
My Dog
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Aww, nice dog. :D

Speaking of which, have you seen the price of puppies now since this pandemic?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

depends on which fish you order

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:58 pm depends on which fish you order

-Imp
Well that'll always be a de bait table order. I fancy an oak table.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:59 am I disagree
Water you talking about? English is not my first langauge.