Seeking alternative questions to ask

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Re: Seeking alternative questions to ask

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

reasonvemotion wrote:Trixie wrote:
Left to its own devices the universe would create more earthlike planets, and more humanlike races, (thought i doubt quite as nasty as homosapiens.)
Does your disillusionment with your fellow human beings also include you, or do you consider yourself to be removed from it all.
I wouldn't destroy the universe without myself along with it, to do otherwise would be missing the point altogether.
"Captain with the ship," as they say in certain circles.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

bergler wrote:Thinking on the question:

"What is the meaning of life?"

I came across this alternative question in an article on Philosophy Now:

"What is it that makes your life worth living?"

I found this alternative question to bring a sense of relief and direction. Now, I am wonder what suggestions people here might have for even more alternative questions. Which questions do you find helpful as alternatives to "What is the meaning of life?" (if any)

I'm new here - this is my first post. So - thanks and I look forward to interacting.
Meaning of lIfe??
On what basis do you think it is remotely possible to begin to consider such a question. Does it even make sense?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
bergler wrote:Thinking on the question:

I found this alternative question to bring a sense of relief and direction. Now, I am wonder what suggestions people here might have for even more alternative questions. Which questions do you find helpful as alternatives to "What is the meaning of life?" (if any)

I'm new here - this is my first post. So - thanks and I look forward to interacting.
Meaning of lIfe??
On what basis do you think it is remotely possible to begin to consider such a question. Does it even make sense?
humans are just mindless bugs who do atrocities day in day out, like repetitive atrocitie machines with no mind of their own, their only purpose is to create disturbing images and suicidal thoughts.
that is the meaning of life
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=bergler post_id=193388 time=1426222977 user_id=10766]
Thinking on the question:

[/quote]

The meaning of life is that everyone must choose the answer to that question for themselves. Not find, choose. Mine is to be fulfilled in making everything perfect for everyone. Perfection is a direction, not a destination, and i hope you'll use it too. Nothing else is worth the effort.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

"Where do I find this thing called a dictionary?"

Try here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... gq2BmR8qs/

"Why not just go ahead and learn any random trade or profession that pays well, choose anyone who expresses interest in you as a significant other, and become part of a community -- since you can afterwards still chuck it all and become a hermit if that eventually reveals itself to be your life's calling?"

There's a reason why gurus live on mountaintops.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[>Would if I could. The keys are a mystery to me. the dali lama claimed that upon his death, he would cease to reincarnate, but I have doubts on that, and no scientific way to verify his claims.

There's nothing to verify. He's saying it's time to set aside childish superstition.

>My hunch is that more study must be performed on light, and death, and the stuff consciousness is made of (the real you.)

The first step is to define it, but whatever it is, it has a bioelectrical correlate.