Why Christianity May Be the Most Logical Religion.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Why Christianity May Be the Most Logical Religion.

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:39 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:02 am What Christian beliefs are illogical?
Pretty much everything based on supernatural ideas and stories that have no basis in reality.
That right there is a fallacy. If God exists, then there is nothing 'supernatural' about it, there must be a reasonable account for its existence, we simply don't have one...yet.
So, you're willing to believe all kinds of absurd stories until they are proven absurd to you??? :lol:
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:39 amHow about you tell me which beliefs are logical? That should be a much shorter list.
Naw, a bit of a cop-out right there Lacey. Go ahead, list all or at least some of the illogical beliefs of Christianity.
Here... let's see how honorable you are (although we already know). I'll list five, and you list five, okay?

Illogical beliefs:
1) That a god would have a gender
2) That human man would be in the god's likeness
3) That gods have varied across history and beliefs, but each religion believes theirs to be the one and only true interpretation
4) That a god would create humans, watch them suffer, command them to be good, and threaten them if they aren't
5) That a god's words are written in a book through countless interpretations

Here's a bonus one: The belief that when Christians "win", it was god's will/work... and when they don't, it's because of something "else", not god.

Okay, your turn...
Logical beliefs:
Last edited by Lacewing on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

HexHammer wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:49 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:16 pm
HexHammer wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:07 pm Yadda yadda, bla bla ..bla!! Please go elsewhere with your skitzo nonsense and babble!!
That is a quote from protagoras, I would hardly call it schizo-nonsense.
I don't care who you quote, it's still wrong and if you can't tell if he is wrong, then not only are not skitzo but flatline RQ!
And why is it wrong?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:04 am
So you're just going to keep claiming "how it is" instead of answering how it's logical?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:13 am
So you're just going to keep claiming "how it is" instead of answering how it's logical?
I already stated why its logical above.

Both Christianity and the logic stemming from it are grounded in synthesis.

God as thetical, produces an image (creation, with man as a subset of this creation) as antithetical, and both synthesize.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:39 am
Pretty much everything based on supernatural ideas and stories that have no basis in reality.
That right there is a fallacy. If God exists, then there is nothing 'supernatural' about it, there must be a reasonable account for its existence, we simply don't have one...yet.
So, you're willing to believe all kinds of absurd stories until they are proven absurd to you??? :lol:
I have gnosis of God's existence, and I have beliefs based on that knowledge - beliefs that are formed from rational deduction of my gnosis.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:39 amHow about you tell me which beliefs are logical? That should be a much shorter list.
Naw, a bit of a cop-out right there Lacey. Go ahead, list all or at least some of the illogical beliefs of Christianity.
Here... let's see how honorable you are (although we already know). I'll list five, and you list five, okay?
Glad to see you real eyes that I am extreeeeeemely honourable.

I note that your list does NOT account for what IS IRRATIONAL about each point! - so points that are rather pointless.

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am Illogical beliefs:
1) That a god would have a gender
My belief is that Christ was God incarnate. What is illogical about God having a gender?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am 2) That human man would be in the god's likeness
God formed himself as a man - as per point 1) In other words, God was quite happy with the design of the human form for itself and therefore formed US in that same form - what is illogical?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am 3) That gods have varied across history and beliefs, but each religion believes theirs to be the one and only true interpretation
So what is illogical?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am4) That a god would create humans, watch them suffer, command them to be good, and threaten them if they aren't
So what? Much of human suffering is man causing it to other men. What is illogical?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am 5) That a god's words are written in a book through countless interpretations
So what is illogical?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am Here's a bonus one: The belief that when Christians "win", it was god's will/work... and when they don't, it's because of something "else", not god.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 am Okay, your turn...
Logical beliefs:
You haven't addressed what is ILLOGICAL about Christian beliefs, until you do I shan't bother.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:46 am You haven't addressed what is ILLOGICAL about Christian beliefs, until you do I shan't bother.
It should be no bother at all for you unless you have nothing. You should have PLENTY of logical examples for beliefs that you hold dear. Yet you're not eager to demonstrate all of this logic that you claim exists?

:lol: :lol:

I knew you would pick at what I said, and offer nothing of your own. But I put it out there anyway because they are reasonable examples for the "illogical" side of the argument which have already been discussed at length on this site. And I'm not a coward like you. It's stupid and petty for you to act like I must somehow FURTHER demonstrate WHY IN THE WORLD my examples could be seen as illogical -- and that I must do this BEFORE you will answer. :lol:

So you childishly make up excuses because you're not willing to answer questions as you want other people to. And yes, this is what I describe as dishonorable and cowardly. You're consistent in that!

To all of you guys who make claims and then play dishonest games to avoid answering the hard questions, you're not broad-minded philosophers -- you're small-minded ego masturbators in service to yourselves.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:44 am

God as thetical, produces an image (creation, with man as a subset of this creation) as antithetical, and both synthesize.
So, in order to understand the logic you speak of, one must completely agree with all of the components existing and connecting as YOU say they do, correct? :D

And YOURS is a different logic than all the various kinds of logic that exist WITHOUT all of those components existing and connecting as you say they do.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:40 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:46 am You haven't addressed what is ILLOGICAL about Christian beliefs, until you do I shan't bother.
It should be no bother at all for you unless you have nothing. You should have PLENTY of logical examples for beliefs that you hold dear. Yet you're not eager to demonstrate all of this logic that you claim exists?

I knew you would pick at what I said, and offer nothing of your own. But I put it out there anyway because they are reasonable examples for the "illogical" side of the argument which have already been discussed at length on this site. And I'm not a coward like you. It's stupid and petty for you to act like I must somehow FURTHER demonstrate WHY IN THE WORLD my examples could be seen as illogical -- and that I must do this BEFORE you will answer. :lol:

So you childishly make up excuses because you're not willing to answer questions as you want other people to. And yes, this is what I describe as dishonorable and cowardly. You're consistent in that!
You really are in NO position to talk about logic or rational arguments, you are quite simply the stupidest dumb fuck without a clue about logic on this forum...and here is why, but I am sure you won't understand:-

You state that Christian beliefs are illogical, and then provide 5 statements without a skerrik of an address as to HOW these points are illogical. So stop wasting my fucking time and accusing me of being a childish dishonorable coward you fucking idiot bimbo.
What is more childish than posting a whole bunch of these stupid emotis:-->> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !? twat
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:09 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:40 am

You really are in NO position to talk about logic or rational arguments, you are quite simply the stupidest dumb fuck without a clue about logic on this forum...and here is why, but I am sure you won't understand:-

You state that Christian beliefs are illogical, and then provide 5 statements without a skerrik of an address as to HOW these points are illogical. So stop wasting my fucking time and accusing me of being a childish dishonorable coward you fucking idiot bimbo.
What is more childish than posting a whole bunch of these stupid emotis:-->> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !? twat
You are an empty vessel without sound arguments.

Note Lacewing stated this;
Lacewing wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:25 pm How is it possible to be the "most logical" when based on beliefs that are illogical to start with?
The fundamental premise of Christianity is 'God exists as a real entity.'
This is an illogical premise without sound justification and proofs but only based on faith.
Thus whatever that follow from Christianity is illogical.

However, I contend it is logical to believe in the illogical.
Despite a belief being fundamentally illogical, it is logical to be believed in it as long as it facilitate and optimize the person's survival in a given circumstances. Note Placebo effect for example.

Note Shermer's Why People Believe Weird Things;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Peopl ... ird_Things
Michael Shermer provided an evolutionary psychology basis why it is optimal for people to believe in illogical and irrational weird things.

That 'God exists as real' is illogical but it is logical to be believe it is true as long as it facilitate and optimize one's survival to deal with the existential crisis which otherwise would have paralyze a person with fears and non-actions.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:26 am You are an empty vessel without sound arguments.
You are obviously not too bright either - I have made NO argument in this thread.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:38 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:26 am You are an empty vessel without sound arguments.
You are obviously not too bright either - I have made NO argument in this thread.
That's the point, you don't have argument to begin with where it is a prerequisite in such a philosophical forum.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:38 am
That's the point, you don't have argument to begin with where it is a prerequisite in such a philosophical forum.
Fuck you're stupid, don't lecture me on what is required on a philosophy forum, it takes two to tango. Lacewing stated that she has 5 reasons why Christianity is illogical - then she just provided 5 statements with NO account for how each statement renders Christianity illogical, don't lower yourself to the stupidity of that idiot.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 amAnd why is it wrong?
1. Man is the measure of all things.
Let's just take this nonsense ..I won't bother to spell out all your other nonsensical garbage.

Humans like to pollute, exploit natural resources so farmland becomes desolate deserts because of over farming. We wages wars that kills off innocent civilians on such huge scale that no animal would ever do, we are not the measure of all things!

You can't think for yourself, you can only parrot things that you think is good, when it's actually utterly bad and ruinous! You should stop wasting time on philosophy, you are completely inept!
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:49 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:44 am

So, in order to understand the logic you speak of, one must completely agree with all of the components existing and connecting as YOU say they do, correct? :D

You asked how it is logical. You tell me what logic is if you disagree.

And YOURS is a different logic than all the various kinds of logic that exist WITHOUT all of those components existing and connecting as you say they do.

Actually it is Hegelian Synthesis.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

HexHammer wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:05 amAnd why is it wrong?
1. Man is the measure of all things.
Let's just take this nonsense ..I won't bother to spell out all your other nonsensical garbage.

Humans like to pollute, exploit natural resources so farmland becomes desolate deserts because of over farming. We wages wars that kills off innocent civilians on such huge scale that no animal would ever do, we are not the measure of all things!

You can't think for yourself, you can only parrot things that you think is good, when it's actually utterly bad and ruinous! You should stop wasting time on philosophy, you are completely inept!
If humans do all the things you say they do, and are wrong because of it, and you are human...are you wrong because the premises you present?

Regardless, taking evil out of the equation, we are left with the question of the good that people commit too.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.