Women hate

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Galedo

Women hate

Post by Galedo »

I have been reading about the misogyny and don't like this very much. The hate of another person just because it's a women is not really good.
Arising_uk

Re: Women hate

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: I hope this is just that English is your second language.
duszek

Post by duszek »

So a mysogynist is a person (a man) who hates women as such.

Why should someone be a mysogynist ?

Because he has made bad personal experiences with women ?

Because he has read some works in which women were described in a negative way ?
The source of all evil etc.

"Not really good" is a weird kind of understatement.
Is there any kind of hate that is "really good" ?
Galedo

Post by Galedo »

I found this, which looks pretty interesting http://www.misogyny.co.uk
Skip

Post by Skip »

Galedo wrote:I have been reading about the misogyny and don't like this very much. The hate of another person just because it's a women is not really good.
You are absolutely right. Any kind of bigotry is bad - bad for the hater, bad for the human community, and very bad for the hated person. If 49% of the world's population hated the other 51%, that would be very bad for the world. If the 49% had 98% of the power, that would be even worse.

Fortunately, a lot of men like women - even if they aren't all very good at expressing it. So there is hope that someday men and women will understand and stop fearing one another. We should live so long!
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

hatred is a strong word

i spent all my life in the american bible belt

i now live in the countryside - in the american bible belt

seriously regressive views about the roles of women are very common here

but i do not believe that a man who thinks that it is proper that women stay at home and take care of children, while men went to work, who believes that women should not speak in church, etc. etc is - simply by virtue of these believes - someone who hates women

such beliefs are groundless, and often harmful - but hatred?

i deal with such men every day - and while they are often condescending and generally annoying - vast majority of them do not hate women
Liliyan

Post by Liliyan »

duszek wrote:So a mysogynist is a person (a man) who hates women as such.

Is there any kind of hate that is "really good" ?
There is: hating injustice is really good... Hating war is really good... Hating suffering is really good....

The hate of women is why religions were created... Isn't oppression hate? Isn't the lack of equality hate?

There are good ways to hate and bad ways to hate... The results speak for themselves
Skip

Post by Skip »

Liliyan wrote: The hate of women is why religions were created...
I really don't think so! Religions were not 'created'; they grew out of human need for control, pattern-seeking, community-building, awe and imagination, as well as increasingly complex social organization.
That many religions express fear of female autonomy and sexuality is true, but the reasons are psychological and political, not spiritual.
Isn't oppression hate? Isn't the lack of equality hate?
It's certainly wrong and negative. Probably motivated more often by self-interest than by hate, but it's very often justified though the denigration of its subject.
See? "to make black". Europeans had no reason to fear or hate Africans. But when the rulers decided it would be profitable to colonize and exploit Africa, they justified it by calling dark-skinned people savages and brutes, godless and uncivilized and whatever else, to make white people feel okay about subjugating them. The same thing happens with Jews, Japanese, women, or any other group somebody in power wants to use for his own purposes.
There are good ways to hate...
No, there are not. Hate always takes a toll on the hater, as well as harming the hated.
You can reject injustice and war without getting your arteries in a knot. Use reason.
Calmly ask whoever is trying to rile you up for their cause to enumerate the advantages of whatever it is he wants you to do and then calmly refute whichever of his arguments make no sense. If any do, then figure out whether the cost of the enterprise is worth paying for the probable outcome. If yes, sign up. If no, walk away.

(Yes, I know you can't help getting emotional about some things.)