This must be the best American president candidate ever!

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

John

Re: This must be the best American president candidate ever!

Post by John »

The Voice of Time wrote:Read an article here the other day that the Pirate Party is up for 6% of the votes in Germany for instance. Wonder if they manage to stay that high and actually make a difference in the political climate ^^
I also read an article that said the German Pirate Party are struggling because only about half the members have paid their membership fees. A party based on getting stuff for nothing and it's members aren't paying their fees. Who'd a thunk it?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

John wrote:
The Voice of Time wrote:Read an article here the other day that the Pirate Party is up for 6% of the votes in Germany for instance. Wonder if they manage to stay that high and actually make a difference in the political climate ^^
I also read an article that said the German Pirate Party are struggling because only about half the members have paid their membership fees. A party based on getting stuff for nothing and it's members aren't paying their fees. Who'd a thunk it?
Long Johann Silver?

-Imp
The Voice of Time

Post by The Voice of Time »

John wrote:
Read that too, but it was not because of lacking membership fees. That hinders the movement, but money is not heavily needed for the pirates to run especially since they mostly use the internet. The biggest hindrance they face is their lack of qualified staff, their lack of technocrats, people with long educations who can take on problems more "everyday" than grand philosophies on privacy, security and intellectual property law, things more such as kindergarten, school, business regulation, funding, foreign policy and state-ethical issues such as bio-technical law and regulation etc. Things which are beyond the scope of most of them and require a good deal dedication to routine-work, academic understanding, paperwork etc. to be effective.

However, at least the swedish pirates have stated that they intend more to be a threat to the establishment as to challenge passive law-making than to focus on other affairs. While this is good unfortunately that may mean voting for them risks for the voter not to gain influence on other important decisions for them because the pirate party doesn't have a coherent policy on the matter, and each candidate may vote at free will without popular support first. Such issues I think is what faces the party the most, not finance, this is not America, you don't need bucks to win in Sweden, at least not a lot. People win by dedication and rallying and not by buying commercials and ads.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

i don't know Kayla, i don't think he's vermin supreme. it's possible but i don't think so. i watched the video last night and started thinking he is just the same old same old just as the others even tho i like many of the things that he's about (around 50-60%).

i don't know what to think of the brown haired interviewer either. i watched the video again tonight and a few more with Jesse. i apologize for making a comment in this thread last night that included both of them in the butthouse, but i had my suspiciouns. however, for some reason, i think there is a chance these 2 are pretty decent people. the real thing.

this reminds me of the recent article Pluto posted in the Don't Vote thread.. and as sincere as Jesse may be, we will go scrambling to vote and lay our trust in someone who may or may not be a liar, someone we may only in part agree with but have no other choice, or an honest person with the best intentions we entirely agree with but with very limited capabilities when it comes down to it. and if some things are changed... well, i guess after the term is up, someone will head on in and change them again.

kind of like being cyclically and infinitly tossed around like puppets.

maybe that's what it means to be human?