ART HERE...

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

ART HERE...

Post by attofishpi »

A place for your favourite visual art...

This is one of mine...

http://www.androcies.com

ANCASTA
attofishpi

Re: ART HERE...

Post by attofishpi »

The cover of my cyberpunk book...Alpha Two

The zeros and ones behind the image mean "Reality is a convoluted apparition of the Truth."

Have a read of the sample chapters if you're into near future sci-fi (cyberpunk)...then get the kindle app and have a read...

http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Two-ebook/d ... 653&sr=8-1

bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

how interesting attofishpi, a long time ago, i can't remember why, but i was creating a digital being for something, and i sensed it coming to life. i then called it 'r4'. it looked alot like your 'Alpha Two'. but before i finished something happened :shock: and i cannot tell you the rest. hmmm. i've also been thinking alot lately on and off, about the different faces of man. and where we could possibly be heading. imagining thousands.. even millions of years from now? where will we be? what will we look like and all that.

i also wanted to add that although i'm not into digital art myself, what you've created was meaningful to me. it's interesting that i was sucked away from r4 so long ago, however, now i open up this thread and am staring at Alpha Two.

thanks
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

i have now just visited your actual webpage and the artwork you have on the first page is actually almost identical to r4. the coloring, the hollow eyes, everything! i also liked what you wrote, 'I love all forms of art and feel self expression in some form is vital for all rational intelligent minds in this hectic and often mundane world.' for whatever reason, that brings a good feeling.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bus2bondi wrote:i have now just visited your actual webpage and the artwork you have on the first page is actually almost identical to r4. the coloring, the hollow eyes, everything! i also liked what you wrote, 'I love all forms of art and feel self expression in some form is vital for all rational intelligent minds in this hectic and often mundane world.' for whatever reason, that brings a good feeling.
Thanks bus2bondi...really interesting that you see similarities to the digital art you were working on. Maybe if you can find it, you could upload an image of r4
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

hi attofishpi, well, it was a long time ago, long before i joined this forum, and it is entirely gone now. i would if i could tho. that is around the time i started breaking things down as you do into 'word sounds'.. such as 'real eyes', etc. it's not for everyone, but it's a part of my life story anyways. thanks again
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Laguna Beach, California is a favorite stomping ground of mine. It was a quiet artist colony back in the day...today that stretch of beach on Pacific Coast Highway is buzzing with life, fame and fortune. However, underneath the tourist trap, lies the remains of the artist and his immortal creativity. Let us celebrate the Day of the Dead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5iEQer3 ... e=youtu.be
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

bus2bondi wrote:i have now just visited your actual webpage and the artwork you have on the first page is actually almost identical to r4. the coloring, the hollow eyes, everything! i also liked what you wrote, 'I love all forms of art and feel self expression in some form is vital for all rational intelligent minds in this hectic and often mundane world.' for whatever reason, that brings a good feeling.
"Art is a way of preserving experience." http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/071486 ... UTF8&psc=1

I started reading this book, Art as Therapy,
the other day. It contains photographs of beautiful paintings as examples of what is stated in to the text. Unfortunately, the book is quite heavy for an old man to handle.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

tbieter wrote:
"Art is a way of preserving experience." http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/071486 ... UTF8&psc=1

I started reading this book, Art as Therapy,
the other day. It contains photographs of beautiful paintings as examples of what is stated in to the text. Unfortunately, the book is quite heavy for an old man to handle.
I never miss a Minnesota Originals" TV program.
http://www.mnoriginal.org/

Each program introduces me to three artists residing in the Twin Cities. I'm amazed at the tremendous artistic creativity found in Minnesota.

The program always refreshes me.

Art refreshes the soul.
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

artisticsolution wrote:Laguna...
Just that word, pure aestetics. Gives me cool pictures in my brain. 60's movie with aged colors, someone driving a turquoise-colored convertible on a road close to the Pacific, bird's eye view...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Now this a a great site re art:

http://www.wga.hu/index1.html
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

The graphics in Skyrim are amazing but the new HD graphics in Assassins Creed: Black Flag and Liberation are just eye melting. Can't wait for ESO the MMORPG.
Last edited by Blaggard on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Blaggard wrote:Image

The graphics in Skyrim are amazing but the new HD graphics in Assassins Creed: Black Flag and Liberation are just eye melting. Can't wait for ESO the MMORPG.
Awesome.

I put together a PC for gaming a few months back, got Skyrim and the earlier Assassins creed...just for games like that, beautiful mate..

Its 4D works of art!!
Last edited by attofishpi on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Salright I had to edit with some graphics software to get it down below 600x600 sorted now

AC: Liberation

Black Flag is real purty too.
Last edited by Blaggard on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

What's ESO?