Philosophy of Mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: Philosophy of Mind

Post by popeye1945 »

I agree the elite are international but all are subject to the one superpower America. As to the ignorance, the anti-intellectualism, they elected Donald Trump president of the United States of America. They are the most religious Western country in the developed world clinging to a literal interpretation of the bible, which would necessitates a lack of both intelligence and critical thinking. It is not the elite that are stupid, stupid is the state they keep a good portion of the population in, so much so that they do not know their own history of imperialism and the war crimes committed by their government. As that renowned philosopher Forest Gump stated, "Stupid is as stupid does."
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I agree the elite are international but all are subject to the one superpower America.
Well, sure the US is the most obvious power, but you gotta ask who owns the United States?. That is: who owns all the elected and appointed folk craftin', enforcin', and rulin' on legislation? Who owns the shakers & movers?
As to the ignorance, the anti-intellectualism, they elected Donald Trump president of the United States of America.
*There many reasons for Orange Man's election and most have to do with who those folks were votin' against. But, it's a moot point. Just offa the top of my head: in '16, almost 66 million voted for Clinton, almost 63 million voted for Trump, and about 8 million votes were cast for other folks. At the time, about 325 million folks lived in America. Even takin' into account people who couldn't vote, there were a lot of eligible folks who sat it out. Just do the math.
They are the most religious Western country in the developed world clinging to a literal interpretation of the bible, which would necessitates a lack of both intelligence and critical thinking.
I'm not sure America is as in-the-bone religious as you claim, or that bein' religious is synonymous with dumb & shallow.
It is not the elite that are stupid, stupid is the state they keep a good portion of the population in, so much so that they do not know their own history of imperialism and the war crimes committed by their government.
The elite have done a good job at hoodwinkin' a whole whack of people, takin' advantage of what Bastiat called man's fatal tendency, but, it does not seem they've been as successful as they'd like, considerin' they been workin' at it, full-bore, for decades and across generations. And, as I say up-thread, once you get past the canned responses, you'll find a great many Americans are not at all impressed by The State's adverturisms. Most understand US interventions have little to do with freedom and everything to do with empire.

*I voted for him twice, and I'm a guy who generally doesn't vote...I had specific reasons for hirin' him (chief among those bein' he is a stymiein' and disruptive force [of those movements and people I oppose])

-----

You refer to Americans as they which sez to me you're not American. So: I ask again: you know America is a certain way, Americans are a certain way, how?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Henry,

If the population is as informed and enlightened as you seem to believe it is, why do they not take their country back, it is oppressing the global community and putting the whole world in jeopardy.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Popeye, is is not likely that the USA is only the powerful vanguard of unrestrained capitalism which has engulfed the whole world?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Belinda wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:09 am Popeye, is is not likely that the USA is only the powerful vanguard of unrestrained capitalism which has engulfed the whole world?
That's where your wrong, you need google the industrial military complex and understand the America empire and its history of imperialism and its global criminal activity in the world of today. Link--- https://www.bing.com/search?q=norm+chom ... TS&ntref=1

Google , The Untold History Of The United States by Oliver Stone

The Peoples History of the United States----by Howard Zinn

Google, American Imperilism by Chris Hedges

That should do for a start!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

If the population is as informed and enlightened as you seem to believe it is,
Yeah, I didn't say all that.
why do they not take their country back,
We have, are, the country: it's the gov we lost.

And -- in increasing numbers -- we're disconnectin' ourselves from it cuz we don't want it.
it is oppressing the global community and putting the whole world in jeopardy.
Yep, that's what The State does.
Walker

Post by Walker »

popeye1945 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:21 pm Henry,

If the population is as informed and enlightened as you seem to believe it is, why do they not take their country back, it is oppressing the global community and putting the whole world in jeopardy.
That was recently tried, with Trump. The swamp is wide and deep, and in a short time it reclaimed all the good that was done for the people.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Your president is not who runs the place, there is something much more evil in the works. Google, the Industrial Military Complex. As in any country's news media, if you really don't hear what the word community is saying about your actions you are being spoon-fed a lot of apple pie bull shit. Trump is a moron, but smarter than his following.
Walker

Post by Walker »

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:24 pm Trump is a moron, but smarter than his following.
Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

:roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:24 pm Your president is not who runs the place,
You're not bright enough to try and patronize, friendo.

there is something much more evil in the works. Google, the Industrial Military Complex.
Wow. Let's see, that was identified in the fifties. You're playing catch-up.

As in any country's news media, if you really don't hear what the word community is saying about your actions you are being spoon-fed a lot of apple pie bull shit.
Look in the mirror. You're being fed a lot of anti-American bullshit, by the media.

Trump is a moron, but smarter than his following.
See the last response.
You have some big blind spots.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dumbass: Janet Yellen says she didn't know inflation would spin out of control?
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ntrol.html

Trump did know this. So did everyone else. This knowledge shaped his economic policies that resulted in prosperity and energy independence for the United States. This knowledge is why he was elected president by knowledgeable voters.

He wasn’t elected President of the World. The American attitude is generally … World opinion of the US can kiss my ass.

Internationally, he kept the tyrants at bay.

In other words, he did his job quite well, despite opposition on the scale of Bizzaro World.

Thread relevance: Trump has a strong mind, and a philosophy of doing his job as well as he can. That others before and after him have corrupted the job is no business of his.

The swamp replaced him with no-mind, to sign papers and distract.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Henry,

That's what a fascist empire does!
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

A thread on the philosophy of the mind has become a thread about Trump, which means people line up on one of two teams. So, after all these millions of years of suffering the simplest to more complicated minds have suffered so long they just want to find their place on one of two teams who assign blame. That says a lot about minds, even apart from how draw them are to binary models and finding the predator.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

That's what a fascist empire does!
It's what The State does, and it does it whether its dressed in authoritarian or progressive garb, whether framed as a republic or democracy, whether capitalistic or communistic.

The State is The State is The State is...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

people line up on one of two teams
The only teams that matter: free men vs slavers.

Pick your side.