TRUMP AHEAD?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: TRUMP AHEAD?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:21 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:05 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:47 pm
Yes, I do sometimes behave as if my moral opinions are a matter of objective truth, I'm only human.
If everybody does it, then everybody knows Subjectivism is false. They just don't perhaps know WHY it is false. But they know. And even if they can't say, they ACT as if it's false, anyway.
It doesn't matter what you say, it won't change anything.
Actually, belief in Subjectivism won't change any facts. That's the truth. And now it's obvious you aren't really a Subjectivist at all.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:05 pm
If everybody does it, then everybody knows Subjectivism is false. They just don't perhaps know WHY it is false. But they know. And even if they can't say, they ACT as if it's false, anyway.
Actually, belief in Subjectivism won't change any facts. That's the truth. And now it's obvious you aren't really a Subjectivist at all.
That should please you. 🙂

And Trump is still despicable.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 pm
I'm gratified, actually. Talking with you has exposed to me the right route for debunking Subjectivism. And that, for me, has been the whole value of the debate in the first place: to improve our mutual understanding of the situation. We can both see Subjectivism's Achilles heel clearly.

I'm quite happy about that. :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:15 pm
I'm gratified, actually. Talking with you has exposed to me the right route for debunking Subjectivism. And that, for me, has been the whole value of the debate in the first place: to improve our mutual understanding of the situation. We can both see Subjectivism's Achilles heel clearly.

But your debunking doesn't seem to change anyone's mind, does it? Everybody still ends up believing what they started out believing.

Still, if you are happy. 🙂
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:35 pm

But your debunking doesn't seem to change anyone's mind, does it? Everybody still ends up believing what they started out believing.
That's up to them. I cannot make them reasonable. I can only show them the reasons they should think differently.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 pm

That's up to them. I cannot make them reasonable. I can only show them the reasons they should think differently.
Then it seems you are in need of better reasons.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:53 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:06 pm
There are nothing but amoral narcissists in the uni-party in Washington these days, and they're all little Hitlers in their own way. What gives you reason to think that Trump would be especially bad in that respect?
Not especially bad, but especially qualified in that respect. You’ll agree that his supporters believe he is especially good, not bad.
I'm not agreeing to any statements others try to script for me. I can make my own claims, thanks.

But you have alleged that the danger is an "amoral narcissist," in context, alleging that of Trump. But given the proliferation of such in Washington, what's your particular justification for that concern?
Lying
Selling Bibles
Characterizing an entire people as murderers and rapists
Having the hubris to look directly at a solar eclipse
Cheating on his wife
The Access Hollywood tape
Fake electors
Gold toilet
Having the vocabulary of a child
Making up childish names
Calling emerging nations shit holes
Banning Muslim immigration
Claiming donations of others as his own
Saying he could shoot someone without punishment
Wearing bright red ties down to his pubic area
Last edited by commonsense on Fri May 03, 2024 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 pm Take a moment and watch this video.
If you are pro-Trump, anti-Trump or just dont give a shit Trump.

Please explain to me how Trump is the nominated candidate for the Republican Party.
For me moment leave the whataboutery concerning Biden out of the equation for the moment.

Go through the pain of listening to this video till the end, and seriously tell me if you think the US would be in safe hands were Trump to win the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPmfhV2h2lQ
You've probably seen it already, but for those who haven't, here's another interesting anti-Trump video from the same chap...

https://youtu.be/vDI4VWMerqM
_______

Post by Age »

But this is, obviously, your own 'subjective' view only here "Immanuel can".

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 pm

That's up to them. I cannot make them reasonable.
you subjective views just keep shining through very brightly here.

Why do you not show 'us' your so-called, and yet to be seen objective view, 'right route' for, supposedly, 'debunking subjectivism'.

If you do not, then you are showing that you do not trust your own 'subjective view' here.
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:40 pm I can only show them the reasons they should think differently.
Just like all the others can only show you the reasons why you should think differently here.

No one can make you reasonable. Nor can they make you see what is actually reasonable.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:23 am No one can make you reasonable.
Ironic. That's exactly why I don't bother with you...you're just never rational, it seems.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:12 pm
Ironic. That's exactly why I don't bother with you...you're just never rational, it seems.
That's rich coming from someone who believes the Bible is literal truth. :?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:34 pm
Well, we're going to see about that.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:38 pm
🙂
seeds

Post by seeds »

Harbal wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:49 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:38 pm

🙂
Ah yes, the ever-so-cordial IC privately laments the fact that he wasn't born in a time when he could employ the necessary means of persuasion...

Perhaps if IC's hero - King Trump - gets back into office, the new motto will be:

"...Make Earth Medieval Again..." (MEMA)

In which case, IC might then be authorized to (gleefully) show you what he means by...

"...we're going to see about that..."
_______