the death of OJ...

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: the death of OJ...

Post by Iwannaplato »

A rich, once talented asshole managed to get off for a crime he likely committed. The prosecution messed up with the glove and not vetting a certain cop very well, and the rich assholes incredibly expensive team went to town with every prosecution misstep. Rich people get off all the time. Many people wanted to believe he was innocent. He got hit with and lost a civil lawsuit. He ended up committing some felonies. A likely narcissist, with a lot of money, an athlete trained to be violent, used to getting his way and able to get his way on nearly everything imaginable....but couldn't in the end control a woman. That's not easy for a rich narcissist who has gotten everything he wants and still can get whatever he wants. He killed.

What's his legacy, well it's all the stuff. But it's not good vs evil. It's talented vs. bad narcissist.

Are we surprised that some sociopaths or narcissists can be talented?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:35 pm A rich, once talented asshole managed to get off for a crime he likely committed. The prosecution messed up with the glove and not vetting a certain cop very well, and the rich assholes incredibly expensive team went to town with every prosecution misstep. Rich people get off all the time. Many people wanted to believe he was innocent. He got hit with and lost a civil lawsuit. He ended up committing some felonies. A likely narcissist, with a lot of money, an athlete trained to be violent, used to getting his way and able to get his way on nearly everything imaginable....but couldn't in the end control a woman. That's not easy for a rich narcissist who has gotten everything he wants and still can get whatever he wants. He killed.
Here is another one who contradicts "them" 'self' here. Unless, of course, they meant something else other than what they said and wrote here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:35 pm What's his legacy, well it's all the stuff. But it's not good vs evil. It's talented vs. bad narcissist.

Are we surprised that some sociopaths or narcissists can be talented?
Are 'we' not surprised why these people, back then, still, did not yet know the exact reason why all people are exactly as they are?

'We' are, after all, certainly not surprised at all that people like this one here still felt it justifiable to judge others, without ever first learning why all people are exactly as they are.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Peter Kropotkin wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:49 pm it was reported on the news today that OJ Simpson died...
and it give us pause to wonder about his legacy and ours...
Why should this be important and worth pausing for?
Peter Kropotkin

Post by Peter Kropotkin »

Dubious wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:17 am
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:49 pm it was reported on the news today that OJ Simpson died...
K: several questions come to mine: one, was OJ a good person?
was he a bad person? the OJ case was the essential experience
of the 1990's... You couldn't not have traveled 12 feet in the mid-nineties
and not experience the OJ case.. but it also brings to us to the nature of
justice, truth, law, the police, government, and violence... the brutal
murder of those two, was perhaps the most shocking event in the 1990's...
what is justice? the OJ case brought us to a new understanding of what
is justice, that continues to this day... that wealthy, famous people can
get away with murder, actual murder...
our entire definition of the judicial system changed after OJ..

and continues with the travesty of IQ45 and his ability to escape
justice... justice delayed is justice denied...

Kropotkin
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 pm 'We' are, after all, certainly not surprised at all that people like this one here still felt it justifiable to judge others, without ever first learning why all people are exactly as they are.
And I (no citation marks) am hardly surprised that people like Age can't even manage to notice what a hypocrite he is being right here, even when it is now pointed out.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am
was he a bad person?
No person is good, nor bad.

All adult human beings do good and bad, or wrong, things.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am the OJ case was the essential experience
and not experience the OJ case..
Maybe in some very particular/peculiar countries, and to some. But, 'it' really was not that much of an issue at all elsewhere nor to others, if at all.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am but it also brings to us to the nature of
justice, truth, law, the police, government, and violence...
So, to this one anyway, the case of just one human being brings to the former the so-called 'nature of justice, truth, law, et cetera'.

Now, what, exactly, is 'the nature of' of those things you mentioned above here?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am the brutal

If the murder of just two human beings only was perhaps the 'most shocking event' over a ten year period to you, then this shows just how Truly different human being's views on things can be and are.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am what is justice?
If you, at your age, still, do not yet know, then what is 'justice' is what is Right, for all.

And, if you, still, do not yet know what is Right, in Life, then this shows why 'life' and 'living' was the way it was, back in the days when this was being written.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am the OJ case brought us to a new understanding of what
is justice, that continues to this day...
And, what 'was', and supposedly still is, that 'new understanding' of what justice is, exactly?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am that wealthy, famous people can
So, are you under some sort of illusion or belief that that only those with monetary wealth and fame can get away with murder?

Also, what is the difference between 'murder' and 'actual murder', exactly?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am our entire definition of the judicial system changed after OJ..
Did this happen in some particular dictionary or legal definition anywhere?'

If yes, then where, exactly?

But, if no, then what are you talking about, exactly?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am and continues with the travesty of IQ45 and his ability to escape

Kropotkin
Who and/or what is a so-called 'iq45', exactly?

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:08 am
Age wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:37 pm 'We' are, after all, certainly not surprised at all that people like this one here still felt it justifiable to judge others, without ever first learning why all people are exactly as they are.
And 'we' are hardly surprised that people like Age can't even manage to notice what a hypocrite he is being right here, even when it is now pointed out.
If only you knew "iwannaplato". If only you knew.

Could have you missed the fact that I even 'knew' you would think along the lines that you have just shown and proved that you have here now, before I even chose to click on the submit button, let alone said and wrote what I did for a couple of very specific purposes, one of which I have explained a few times already about the difference between 'judging' others and how doing so in one way is not being hypocritical at all?

And, you presuming what you did here, and worse still writing it down for all to see, about what you believed I would be doing shows how Truly far behind you really are here "iwannaplato", and which, by the way, can be proved True.

See, once one learns how and why all people are what they are, and do what they do, then the 'judging' that 'I" am doing, which 'you' are missing, can be seen crystal clearly for what it really is, exactly.

Look, you obviously contradicted "yourself" above here, as well as you plainly 'judged' another when you clearly do not even know why 'they', nor even why 'you', are the way you all are.

Once you also learn why all people are the way they are, then you will also stop 'judging' here the way that 'you' do.

And, you, still, not being able to 'see' the difference in 'judging' here shows that 'you', still, have a lot more to learn about 'you', and why 'you' keep doing the things that 'you' are here.

Post by Age »

And I (no citation marks) am hardly surprised that people like Age can't even manage to notice what a hypocrite he is being right here, even when it is now pointed out.
Ah, so 'now' 'you' want to speak for "yourself", instead.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:20 am If only you knew "iwannaplato". If only you knew.

Could have you missed the fact that I even 'knew' you would think along the lines that you have just shown and proved that you have here now, before I even chose to click on the submit button, let alone said and wrote what I did for a couple of very specific purposes, one of which I have explained a few times already about the difference between 'judging' others and how doing so in one way is not being hypocritical at all?
Could Age have missed the fact that I knew he would react in this manner and I wanted other people to see the lengths that Age will go to make the topic about himself and his judgments of other people? Could he be, as he reads this, starting to formulate yet another response that does the same kind of thing and could he not be realizing as he does this that his whole future will be filled with the nonsense unless he starts treating himself and others - and, yes, even topics - with more respect?

One can only hope.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Age wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:22 am
Sometimes I realize that one way of mocking your nonsense is better than another way.
I'll not participate in the Age Tangent in this thread further.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 am
Age wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:20 am If only you knew "iwannaplato". If only you knew.

Could Age have missed the fact that I knew he would react in this manner
And, in 'what manner' are you presuming or believing I am reacting in, exactly, "iwannaplato"?
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 am and I wanted other people to see the lengths that Age will go to make the topic about himself
you are the one who keeps bringing 'me' into these topics. So, claiming that it is 'me' who is making the topics about 'me' is beyond absolute ridiculous.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 am and his judgments of other people?
Once again you are completely and utterly missing what I have been referring to.

you, still, are not yet able to distinguish between the two different kinds of 'judgments' being made here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 am Could he be, as he reads this, starting to formulate yet another response that does the same kind of thing and could he not be realizing as he does this that his whole future will be filled with the nonsense unless he starts treating himself and others - and, yes, even topics - with more respect?
Will you ever just stop talking 'about me'?
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 am One can only hope.
you can do more.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:31 am
Age wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:22 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:08 am And I (no citation marks) am hardly surprised that people like Age can't even manage to notice what a hypocrite he is being right here, even when it is now pointed out.
Sometimes I realize that one way of mocking your nonsense is better than another way.
I'll not participate in the Age Tangent in this thread further.
LOL Trying to deflect away from the fact that you contradicted "yourself" here, once again, and you are, still, judging others before learning how and why you "yourself" are the way you are is not actually 'mocking' what I pointed out and wrote here.

Also, what you presume is 'nonsense' is more than likely not. However, because you would never ever clarify what the 'nonsense' is, exactly, that you talk about 'now', 'we' will never ever come to know you even have any actual thing at all to even consider 'mocking'.
Peter Kropotkin

Age wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:09 am

was he a bad person?
No person is good, nor bad.

All adult human beings do good and bad, or wrong, things.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am the OJ case was the essential experience
and not experience the OJ case..
Maybe in some very particular/peculiar countries, and to some. But, 'it' really was not that much of an issue at all elsewhere nor to others, if at all.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am but it also brings to us to the nature of
justice, truth, law, the police, government, and violence...
So, to this one anyway, the case of just one human being brings to the former the so-called 'nature of justice, truth, law, et cetera'.

Now, what, exactly, is 'the nature of' of those things you mentioned above here?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am the brutal

If the murder of just two human beings only was perhaps the 'most shocking event' over a ten year period to you, then this shows just how Truly different human being's views on things can be and are.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am what is justice?
If you, at your age, still, do not yet know, then what is 'justice' is what is Right, for all.

And, if you, still, do not yet know what is Right, in Life, then this shows why 'life' and 'living' was the way it was, back in the days when this was being written.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am the OJ case brought us to a new understanding of what
is justice, that continues to this day...
And, what 'was', and supposedly still is, that 'new understanding' of what justice is, exactly?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am that wealthy, famous people can
So, are you under some sort of illusion or belief that that only those with monetary wealth and fame can get away with murder?

Also, what is the difference between 'murder' and 'actual murder', exactly?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am our entire definition of the judicial system changed after OJ..
Did this happen in some particular dictionary or legal definition anywhere?'

If yes, then where, exactly?

But, if no, then what are you talking about, exactly?
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am and continues with the travesty of IQ45 and his ability to escape

Kropotkin
Who and/or what is a so-called 'iq45', exactly?
K: IQ45 is Trump... he was the 45 president and his IQ is 45...
and his belt size is 52...

Kropotkin
seeds

Post by seeds »

...the brutal murder of those two, was perhaps the most shocking event in the 1990's...
No, Kropotkin, the most "shocking" thing of that trial is that OJ was acquitted.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am what is justice? the OJ case brought us to a new understanding of what

Kropotkin
Is Kropotkin caught in some kind of "white-out" storm that has blinded him to history? Or, is he simply the victim of a severe case of tunnel vision?

Have you never heard of Emmit Till?

For it is clear that one doesn't need to be "wealthy" nor "famous" to get away with a brutal murder...

And here are his murderers after being found not guilty by a jury of their (all-white, all-male) Mississippi (good-ol'-boy) peers...

They even admitted to doing it later on, yet still no justice.

All because the 14-year-old child - Emmit Till - whistled at the white woman in the right-hand side of the above photo.

I can't help but imagine that the brazen injustice of the Emmit Till case (along with innumerable other cases like it) contributed to the reason why some black folks were glad OJ was found not guilty of killing some white folks.

All of which has helped fuel the growth of the necrotizing karma that is eating-away at the soul of America.
_______
Peter Kropotkin

seeds wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:13 pm

...the brutal murder of those two, was perhaps the most shocking event in the 1990's...
No, Kropotkin, the most "shocking" thing of that trial is that OJ was acquitted.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:09 am what is justice? the OJ case brought us to a new understanding of what

Kropotkin
Is Kropotkin caught in some kind of "white-out" storm that has blinded him to history? Or, is he simply the victim of a severe case of tunnel vision?

Have you never heard of Emmit Till?

For it is clear that one doesn't need to be "wealthy" nor "famous" to get away with a brutal murder...

And here are his murderers after being found not guilty by a jury of their (all-white, all-male) Mississippi (good-ol'-boy) peers...

They even admitted to doing it later on, yet still no justice.

All because the 14-year-old child - Emmit Till - whistled at the white woman in the right-hand side of the above photo.

I can't help but imagine that the brazen injustice of the Emmit Till case (along with innumerable other cases like it) contributed to the reason why some black folks were glad OJ was found not guilty of killing some white folks.

All of which has helped fuel the growth of the necrotizing karma that is eating-away at the soul of America.
_______
K: the Emmit Till case was not shocking at the time and wasn't for
a long time after... it became shocking decades after the fact...
it was typical of the violence that whites engaged with....
it wasn't a new thing, and it didn't end there... his death was in
1955 and the white violence against the blacks continued into
the 1960's... it was seen as just more of the same...
this according to my mom, who was married to my father, who
owned a newspaper at the time...

I was born in 1959, I didn't hear about Emmit Till well into the
1980's... did his death help contribute the civil rights movement
of the 1960's, yes, yes, it did... but it certainly wasn't front and center
of the civil rights movement during the 60's...

the very fact there was no ''justice'' tells us the mindset of those
years... we are offended today about Emmit Till, but that
wasn't until years after the fact...

Kropotkin