We need an admin to control VA

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

We need an admin to control VA

Post by FlashDangerpants »

This is fucking stupid. Every day he posts another "what is truth" or "what is fact" and another thread demanding satisfaction from Pete.

Can he not just be forced to keep all his FSRC shit in one FSRC thread? And maybe just ban him if he can't control himself?
mickthinks

Re: We need an admin to control VA

Post by mickthinks »

Sounds like someone whose posts you would want to ignore, dude?
Atla

Post by Atla »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:54 am Sounds like someone whose posts you would want to ignore, dude?
You can't really ignore VA and to a lesser extent Age and Skepdick. All they do is go around destroying topics, and VA in particular is flooding the forum every day with his unhinged repetitive ad hom threads and godawful philosophy that was refuted 20 times. Clogging up the active threads list. Unless by ignoring you mean switching to another forum.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

You can't really ignore VA …

I can. And I do. Maybe you lack the will?
Atla

Post by Atla »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:49 am You can't really ignore VA …

You don't seem to comment on the kind of topics that VA does. I don't even know who you are.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

That's a great idea, but the problem is an admin would need an FSK in order to insure the most reasonable and optimal way of addressing and taking control of the matter. So either way we end up with an FSK.
FlashDangerpants

mickthinks wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:49 am You can't really ignore VA …

The problem is that his endless spam threads are like a cloud of weeds that chokes out the Ethical Therory sub and automatically relegates anything that anyone else posts into irrelevance by the weekend unless it gets daily activity. If nobody responds to this thread for a couple of days it will effectively disappear because there will be two new "PH is a bastard" threads appearing above it every day. So anybody who doesn't check this sub often enough just won't see it.

This sub doesn't permit measured conversation about ethical theory, it is beseiged by an obsessive autist who cannot control his behaviour and cannot converse reasonably with other people. I can only imagine how uninviting this sub must look to anyone new who drops in to actually participate in discussions about the topic which the sub suggests it is for, rather than the near infinite number of threads about VA's epistemelogical incompetence and his desire to replace his father with Pete.

Look at what biggie has to do just to keep his moral relativism thread afloat. Things shouldn't be that bad.
Atla

Post by Atla »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:35 am This is fucking stupid. Every day he posts another "what is truth" or "what is fact" and another thread demanding satisfaction from Pete.

Can he not just be forced to keep all his FSRC shit in one FSRC thread? And maybe just ban him if he can't control himself?
When they started to have enough of VA on his previous forum, apparently he began playing civil disobedience against the "evil" mod. :)

viewtopic.php?p=372200#p372200
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:20 pmLook at what biggie has to do just to keep his moral relativism thread afloat. Things shouldn't be that bad.
He doesn't have to do that. Nobody cares about what he writes in that thread. Who cares if that thread goes inactive and disappears?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Also, I'd like to point out that VA has organized a 5-or-so-year-long, angry, obsessive, relentless witch hunt against anyone here who is more or less a "philosophical realist". It borders on insanity.

While all this time, he got the definition of "philosophical realism" totally wrong. He confuses it with some weird shit Kant came up with and named "transcendental realism".
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Atla wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:12 pm Also, I'd like to point out that VA has organized a 5-or-so-year-long, angry, obsessive, relentless witch hunt against anyone here who is more or less a "philosophical realist". It borders on insanity.

While all this time, he got the definition of "philosophical realism" totally wrong. He confuses it with some weird shit Kant came up with and named "transcendental realism".
Kinda mirrors what's going on with Iambiguous and "objectivists".
FlashDangerpants

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:31 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:20 pmLook at what biggie has to do just to keep his moral relativism thread afloat. Things shouldn't be that bad.
He doesn't have to do that. Nobody cares about what he writes in that thread. Who cares if that thread goes inactive and disappears?
Ok, there you have me, I never read that thread because it's sort of shit. But at least biggie keeps that crap in one thread. Same as that VVilliam guy, all the crazy lives in one thread. VA is a triple-Kropotkin of nonsense.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:02 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:31 pm
Ok, there you have me, I never read that thread because it's sort of shit. But at least biggie keeps that crap in one thread. Same as that VVilliam guy, all the crazy lives in one thread. VA is a triple-Kropotkin of nonsense.
Yeah, one place for va to talk to himself about fsks and how childish realists are would be an improvement.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"VA is a triple-Kropotkin of nonsense."

Is it true, VA? Thrice the nonsense of a Kropotkin?

i note toward VA
posters aren't very nice
cuz he writes the same nonsense
as Keter, but thrice
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Some forums do bind together threads that are essentially the same topic. If you use the new posts to see what's happening VA does contribute to noise over signals. He will directly start a thread in response to a post in one of his other threads, even quoting the post in the other thread. This are direct continuations of the conversation there. And of course, many of his 'new' threads are very much the same as older ones. I've asked him a number of times to just continue threads that are on the same topic. He's not interested in doing that. Why? Because any slight difference in nuance he wants to keep a record of. He's not really posting to people here, he has said. So, PN is a kind of file, perhaps for a future books, or a blog to himself, complete with posts opened for notes: KIV. So, the whole thing is really quite rude.

PN doesn't moderate much at all, and I'd be surprised if anything is done about him.

We have a few people who aren't really posting to people who participate. Iambiguous has said he engages in his polemics and provoking trick with people who do respond to him since this is working: meaning he's getting thousands and thousands of views. Age is demonstrating how stupid and full of assumptions people are at the time this is being written. Along with VA their conversations are with the invisible lurkers and bots, future readers of their books or just those in the future.

It's rude and also oddly fascinating (sometimes).