Is the Universe alive and is it conscious?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

risaperis

Is the Universe alive and is it conscious?

Post by risaperis »

I know the universe is alive because I am alive and I am part of the universe. I know the universe has consciousness because I have consciousness and I am part of the universe.

Or is the universe an indifferent 'thing' with no real connection to me?

If it is alive and conscious, what does it want? Mere acknowledgement or do we owe it something different?

Newton established that the entire universe is connected. His gravity formula establishes that even a galaxy 13 billion light years away has a gravitational pull on us and we on it (granted, an extremely small pull).

Can determining and exploring our own consciousness allow us entry into a larger consciousness?
Noax

Re: Is the Universe alive and is it conscious?

Post by Noax »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm If it is alive and conscious, what does it want?
Since you are equating the desires of the universe with your own, how is this question not simplified to "what do I want?"?

Your view leads to contradictions. The Artic is cold, and thus the Earth is cold because the Arctic is part of Earth. Earth is similarly not cold because volcanoes are part of it. X is Y, X is not Y, a contradiction.

This follows from your working premise that a thing is Y if it contains something that is Y.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I have thought about consciousness quite a lot, and the only conclusion I have been able to reach is that consciousness exists, maybe it is the only thing that exists. More than that, I am completely at a loss to say.
risaperis

Post by risaperis »

Noax wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:42 pm
risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm If it is alive and conscious, what does it want?
Since you are equating the desires of the universe with your own, how is this question not simplified to "what do I want?"?

Your view leads to contradictions. The Artic is cold, and thus the Earth is cold because the Arctic is part of Earth. Earth is similarly not cold because volcanoes are part of it. X is Y, X is not Y, a contradiction.

This follows from your working premise that a thing is Y if it contains something that is Y.
The Earth is cold in parts and the Earth is hot in parts. That's not a contradiction but a statement of complexity.

Are you alive? Yes.
Are you part of the universe? Yes
Is the universe alive? Parts are alive because you and I are alive.

But does parts being alive negate the deadness and aliveness of the whole expanse of the universe?
Noax

Post by Noax »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:17 pm Is the universe alive? Parts are alive because you and I are alive.
Agree, but you didn't say that in the OP.
You concluded equivalently that the universe was alive, not just parts of it were alive.

You concluded that the universe, being alive and conscious, had 'wants' that were somehow separate from the parts that had the wants.

Post by Age »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm I know the universe is alive because I am alive and I am part of the universe. I know the universe has consciousness because I have consciousness and I am part of the universe.
But, who and/or what is the 'I', exactly?
risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm Or is the universe an indifferent 'thing' with no real connection to me?

If it is alive and conscious,
What do you 'now' mean by, 'If it is alive and conscious'?

you just said and claimed that the Universe is alive and conscious, correct?

If yes, then why 'now' say and write, 'If it is alive and conscious'?
risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm what does it want?
The Universe does not want absolutely any thing.

But, 'why' the Universe is alive, and conscious, is already known.
risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm Mere acknowledgement or do we owe it something different?
No, and no.
risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm Newton established that the entire universe is connected. His gravity formula establishes that even a galaxy 13 billion light years away has a gravitational pull on us and we on it (granted, an extremely small pull).

Can determining and exploring our own consciousness allow us entry into a larger consciousness?
If 'I' was 'you', and 'I' was once was by the way, 'I' would first start, 'I' would start working out who and what 'you' are, exactly, before wondering about things like 'your', supposed 'own consciousness', or other things here.

Also, to learn, understand, and know, for sure, who and what 'you' are, exactly, starts and begins by being Honest, Open, and Wanting to change, for the better, first.

Once any one of 'you' is prepared to do this, and wants to learn and understand much, much more here, then 'I' am more than willing and prepared to help and guide 'you' along the way here.

Post by Age »

Or, simplified further to being just another example of 'anthropomorphism'.
Noax wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:42 pm Your view leads to contradictions. The Artic is cold, and thus the Earth is cold because the Arctic is part of Earth. Earth is similarly not cold because volcanoes are part of it. X is Y, X is not Y, a contradiction.
This is a good example of one i was trying to think up but did not.
Noax wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:42 pm This follows from your working premise that a thing is Y if it contains something that is Y.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:43 pm I have thought about consciousness quite a lot, and the only conclusion I have been able to reach is that consciousness exists, maybe it is the only thing that exists. More than that, I am completely at a loss to say.
When one takes a simplified approach of what the word 'consciousness' means or is referring to, exactly, and then considers this, along with other things here, then the Truth of every thing here all comes together, perfectly, and crystal clearly also I will add.

Post by Age »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:17 pm

The Earth is cold in parts and the Earth is hot in parts. That's not a contradiction but a statement of complexity.

Are you alive? Yes.
Are you part of the universe? Yes
Is the universe alive? Parts are alive because you and I are alive.
Are there any parts of the Universe that are, supposedly, not alive?
risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:17 pm But does parts being alive negate the deadness and aliveness of the whole expanse of the universe?
you seem to be missing 'the point' here, which was made by "noax".

you first stated and claimed:
I know the universe is alive because I am alive and I am part of the universe.

Which would be like stating and claiming:
I know the earth is cold because the arctic is cold and the arctic is a part of the Universe.

Just because some thing is a part of another thing does not mean that the 'other thing' is the exact same as the 'first thing'.

For example, Do you know the Universe is walking, because you are walking, and you are a part of the Universe', as well?

If no, then why not?

What is the actual difference in the 'logic' here?

This is what "noax" was getting at I think, and if not, then please correct me here "noax".
billssw

Post by billssw »

risaperis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm I know the universe is alive because I am alive and I am part of the universe. I know the universe has consciousness because I have consciousness and I am part of the universe.

If it is alive and conscious, what does it want? Mere acknowledgement or do we owe it something different?

Newton established that the entire universe is connected. His gravity formula establishes that even a galaxy 13 billion light years away has a gravitational pull on us and we on it (granted, an extremely small pull).

IT ALL DEPEND ON WHAT WE MEAN OF " ALIVE " AND " CONSCIOUS" .
WE CAN JUST SAY THAT " THE UNIVERSE HAS AN HIGHER LEVEL OF ALIVE AND CONSICOUS THEN WHAT WE EXPECTED "

Post by Age »

billssw wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:11 pm

WE CAN JUST SAY THAT " THE UNIVERSE HAS AN HIGHER LEVEL OF ALIVE AND CONSICOUS THEN WHAT WE EXPECTED "
That would all depends on what we mean by 'alive' and 'conscious'.

By the way what do you mean by 'alive' and 'conscious'?
billssw

Post by billssw »

Age wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:00 pm

According to " CIRCLE DIMENSION THEORY" ,
Scinece is still " pure science" when it is merely refer to our classic limit time-space universe " 1 to 6 dimensions ",
once the concept is beyong 7 dimensions " unlimit time- space universe " , SCIENCE will automatically " CONVERT INTO FAITH " , just because
laws of physics " IS ONLY EFFICIENT WITHIN OUR CLASSIC LIMIT TIME-SPACE UNIVERSE 1 TO 6 DIMENSIONS"
billssw

Post by billssw »

In the begining of BIG BANG, our universe " has a maximum amount of dark matter while minium amount of dark energy ", it is an universal scientific fact with no doubt. Then our scientists find out that as the time goes by , THE SITUATION BEGINS TO REVERSE, Dark energy is more and more while dark matter is lesser and lesser.

Along with this process, we find out that our universe is " BIGGER AND BIGGER " , WHY ?BECAUSE OUR UNIVERSE SPACE IS BIGGER AND BIGGER , it is logic. According to our " CYCLE SYSTEM " , Dark energy is universe space, is 5th dimension of our classic unvierse , is collective past tense of the universe.

THERE IS NO SUCH COINCIDENCE , Dark energy is universe space , is 5th dimension, and dark matter is 6 dimension , is " supreme gravity" , it dominate our material world and classic visible universe , and dominate our temperament also, so it stand for future tense.
billssw

Post by billssw »

according to The above two paragraphs of text ( CIRCLE STUDY SYSTEM ),
We all know that our classic limit time-space universe is " ONLY COMPOSED OF LIMIT DARK MATTER AND DARK ENERGY" and it is abide by laws of physics and laws of cause and effect.
However, the 7th dimensions unlimit time- space universe ( BECAUSE IT IS COMPOSED OF UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF DARK MATTER AND DARK ENERGY)
is totally unrestricted by laws of physics and laws of cause and effect also -- - simply because it is unlimied time-space.

How about parallel universe ? IF 7 TH DIMENSIONS UNVIERSE IS COMPOSED OF " UNLIMIT DARK MATTER AND DARK ENERGY", then the parallel universe is exactly Variables produced by the mutual conversion of dark matter and dark energy .

Then come the supreme 8 DIMENSION and 0 DIMENSON ,
IF 8 DIMENSION dominate our classic 6 dimensions universe , then 0 DIMENSION dominate 7th dimension universe and parallel universe.
IF 8 DIMENSION stands for " CENTER OF CIRCLE", then 0 DIMNESION just stands for " HOLY EVERYTHING BEHIND THE CENTER OF CIRCLE".
IF 8 DIMENSION stands for " GOD'S BODY " , then 0 DIMENSION just stands for " GOD'S SOUL"

As all we know , String theory has eleven dimensions , it is 1 to 8 dimensions , even with parallel universe and 0 dimensions , we just got 10 dimensions , there is still " ONE LAST DIMENSIONS " , We called " SUPREME DIMENSIONS " or  " harmony between man and nature dimensions" .

We can think it this way, the 11th "Supreme dimensions" is the holy combination of "8 DIMENSION" and "0 DIMENSION", about this we will explain it later on. 

In this case, our human conscious is only up to " parallel universe", the parallel universe also called Fantasy world of infinite human consciousness,they both unrestricted by time and space and unrestricted by law of cause and effect,

Post by Age »

billssw wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:43 am

According to " CIRCLE DIMENSION THEORY" ,
Scinece is still " pure science" when it is merely refer to our classic limit time-space universe " 1 to 6 dimensions ",
once the concept is beyong 7 dimensions " unlimit time- space universe " , SCIENCE will automatically " CONVERT INTO FAITH " , just because
laws of physics " IS ONLY EFFICIENT WITHIN OUR CLASSIC LIMIT TIME-SPACE UNIVERSE 1 TO 6 DIMENSIONS"
you seem to have completely and utterly missed and/or misunderstood the actual question I asked you for clarification.

After reading your next two posts here what I just wrote still stands.