British Values

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: British Values

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 am
RWStanding wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:06 am As with social services, such as medical and dentistry currently in the news, which should be for absolutely everyone as needed and available, with no private elite.
Who pays the doctor and the dentist?
Tax payers I would imagine.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:31 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:55 am
RWStanding wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:06 am As with social services, such as medical and dentistry currently in the news, which should be for absolutely everyone as needed and available, with no private elite.
Who pays the doctor and the dentist?
Tax payers I would imagine.
That would be you.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:30 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:15 am So, the answers are not uniformly all the exact same, which is exactly what will be found when questions are asked to and answers are given by other "theists" and "atheists" alike.
If you are not familiar with the subject, you can try to read up instead of basing your opinion on fantasy. I have pointed out where you can find the documentation. You really need to do your homework first.
I was just going on what you have said and written here and from the documentation that you also linked to here.

So, as the answers are not all uniformly the same in "islam", then this is no different as in other "theologies" and with the other 'religious people'.
godelian wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:30 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:15 am Are you absolutely sure there are absolutely no question/answer online forums for other theologies?
There is some infrastructure available in Judaism but it is nowhere near as elaborate as for Islam. In Christianity, there is no infrastructure at all because it is not a legitimate moral theory.
Are you aware that the other 'religious people' also say and claim that there is no infrastructure at all in "islam", and that "islam" even encourages its followers and believers to kill and murder the followers and believers of other "theists" and "non theists"?
godelian wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:30 am It is not permissible to derive jurisprudential answers from the Bible:

- Luther: If you can show me through scripture and reason that I am mistaken, I will retract what I have written.
- Prosecutor: The Bible itself is the arsenal whence each heretic of the past has drawn his deceptive arguments.

Amongst the different religions, Islam stands out with its elaborate jurisprudence. Unlike in other religions, it is a complete system.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am So, as the answers are not all uniformly the same in "islam", then this is no different as in other "theologies" and with the other 'religious people'.
Concerning these other religions, where is their database with jurisprudential rulings, so that we can check what they have?

For Judaism, you can indeed find a database, but much, much smaller. That is the only religion that could possibly try to compete with Islam in terms of having an online database infrastructure available, but they would have to invest a hell of a lot to catch up. In the meanwhile, Islam remains the undisputed leader.

Christianity considers God's law to be a curse. That is why there will never be a database with jurisprudential rulings in Christianity.

Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am Are you aware that the other 'religious people' also say and claim that there is no infrastructure at all in "islam"
I have already provided you with a link to one of our many database segments, islamqa.info . You can query the entire distributed database with Google Search. Where is the database of these other religious people?
Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am and that "islam" even encourages its followers and believers to kill and murder the followers and believers of other "theists" and "non theists"?
Instead of inventing that kind of things, why don't you submit a jurisprudential question on the matter to one of our database segments?

Why do you ask me to answer your jurisprudential questions while our various databases have subsidized staff on salary and contractors on call to do exactly that?

I get nothing for working on your jurisprudential question, while they get paid for that.

I will never answer jurisprudential questions because I find it unfair that I would have to do that for free, while other people get paid for doing exactly the same work.

Seriously, it is a matter of principle. Equal pay for equal work!

So, if you want an answer, then use the online form to submit it to a professionally paid scholar. Seriously, I am not even a scholar, and I would have to do it for free?

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:48 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am So, as the answers are not all uniformly the same in "islam", then this is no different as in other "theologies" and with the other 'religious people'.
Concerning these other religions, where is their database with jurisprudential rulings, so that we can check what they have?

For Judaism, you can indeed find a database, but much, much smaller. That is the only religion that could possibly try to compete with Islam in terms of having an online database infrastructure available, but they would have to invest a hell of a lot to catch up. In the meanwhile, Islam remains the undisputed leader.

Christianity considers God's law to be a curse. That is why there will never be a database with jurisprudential rulings in Christianity.

Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am Are you aware that the other 'religious people' also say and claim that there is no infrastructure at all in "islam"
I have already provided you with a link to one of our many database segments, islamqa.info . You can query the entire distributed database with Google Search. Where is the database of these other religious people?
Age wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am and that "islam" even encourages its followers and believers to kill and murder the followers and believers of other "theists" and "non theists"?
Instead of inventing that kind of things, why don't you submit a jurisprudential question on the matter to one of our database segments?

Why do you ask me to answer your jurisprudential questions while our various databases have subsidized staff on salary and contractors on call to do exactly that?

I get nothing for working on your jurisprudential question, while they get paid for that.

I will never answer jurisprudential questions because I find it unfair that I would have to do that for free, while other people get paid for doing exactly the same work.

Seriously, it is a matter of principle. Equal pay for equal work!

So, if you want an answer, then use the online form to submit it to a professionally paid scholar. Seriously, I am not even a scholar, and I would have to do it for free?
So, once again, 'we' have another one who makes claims but will not provide absolutely anything that backs up and supports its claims.

you have, once more, proved True here that you have no idea what God's actual so-called 'laws' are, and you even keep doing the very things that go against God's 'laws'. So, the 'religion' that you have chosen here is not 'teaching' about what is actually True, and Right, in Life.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:15 am So, once again, 'we' have another one who makes claims but will not provide absolutely anything that backs up and supports its claims.

you have, once more, proved True here that you have no idea what God's actual so-called 'laws' are, and you even keep doing the very things that go against God's 'laws'. So, the 'religion' that you have chosen here is not 'teaching' about what is actually True, and Right, in Life.
Everybody can say that about everybody else.

You can find God's law in the Quran. If you are unsure about how it applies in your case, consult a religious scholar for advice. Avoid to self-medicate because you are clearly incompetent.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:15 am So, once again, 'we' have another one who makes claims but will not provide absolutely anything that backs up and supports its claims.

Everybody can say that about everybody else.

You can find God's law in the Quran.
And, you can misinterpret what is said and written, anywhere, especially in the quran, exactly like have so far.

Now, if you still believe that God's actual so-called law is written in the quran, then just say and write where, exactly.

Some of what you have said and written so far about so-called God's law is obviously very False and Wrong.

And, if you believe that some of your own personal interpretations of what is written in the quran are not False nor Wrong, then you are just as delusional as "muslims", "christians", and other "theists" and "atheists" are here.
godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 am If you are unsure about how it applies in your case, consult a religious scholar for advice.
you have already shown that what you believe you are sure about is very, very Wrong and Inaccurate here. So, seeking out advice might be good advice.
godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 am Avoid to self-medicate because you are clearly incompetent.
Once again, what 'we' can clearly see here is this one has, still, not been able to back up and support what it claims is true. So, who is truly incompetent here, this one is showing, and proving for 'us'.

Why do you not write just one thing down here, which you claim is 'God's law's, for 'us' to 'look at' and 'discuss'?

What is it, exactly, that you are afraid of and fear, here?
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:00 am And, you can misinterpret what is said and written, anywhere, especially in the quran, exactly like have so far.
It is the databases with jurisprudential rulings that interpret the Quran. Example: islamqa.info.

If you need help with how to interpret God's law with regards to a particular personal situation, then you can use the online form at the database of rulings to ask for advice.

I repeat, it is not my job to do that. There are scholars with years of training and experience who get paid to do that for the public. Seriously, why do you ask me to do that? I do not specialize in this subject at all.
Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:00 am Why do you not write just one thing down here, which you claim is 'God's law's, for 'us' to 'look at' and 'discuss'?
You are self-medicating again, while in the meanwhile it has become patently clear that you are not competent enough to do that. Seek help!

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:33 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:00 am And, you can misinterpret what is said and written, anywhere, especially in the quran, exactly like have so far.
It is the databases with jurisprudential rulings that interpret the Quran. Example: islamqa.info.

If you need help with how to interpret God's law with regards to a particular personal situation, then you can use the online form at the database of rulings to ask for advice.

I repeat, it is not my job to do that. There are scholars with years of training and experience who get paid to do that for the public. Seriously, why do you ask me to do that? I do not specialize in this subject at all.
Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:00 am Why do you not write just one thing down here, which you claim is 'God's law's, for 'us' to 'look at' and 'discuss'?
You are self-medicating again, while in the meanwhile it has become patently clear that you are not competent enough to do that. Seek help!
This one here now is further proving that there is actually no God's law at all.

Or, this one is so useless it cannot even write down one of the laughably claimed God's laws.

Or, again, it is just to scared to, in case what it believes is true is shown and proved to be False.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:37 pm This one here now is further proving that there is actually no God's law at all.
God's law exists in two main versions that are largely bi-interpretable:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halakha

Halakha (/hɑːˈlɔːxə/ hah-LAW-khə;[1] Hebrew: הֲלָכָה, romanized: hălāḵā, Sephardic: [halaˈχa]), also transliterated as halacha, halakhah, and halocho (Ashkenazic: [haˈlɔχɔ]), is the collective body of Jewish religious laws that are derived from the Written and Oral Torah. Halakha is based on biblical commandments (mitzvot), subsequent Talmudic and rabbinic laws, and the customs and traditions which were compiled in the many books such as the Shulchan Aruch. Halakha is often translated as "Jewish law", although a more literal translation of it might be "the way to behave" or "the way of walking".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Sharia (/ʃəˈriːə/; Arabic: شَرِيعَة, romanized: sharīʿah, IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa]) is a body of religious law that forms a part of the Islamic tradition[1][2][3] based on scriptures of Islam, particularly the Quran and hadith.[1] In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's immutable divine law and this referencing is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its interpretations by Islamic scholars.
What is there about God's law that you seem to believe, does not exist? Download a copy for yourself, if you are in doubt.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

The Tories are at rock bottom in the polls...
tory legacy.jpg
tory legacy.jpg (56.99 KiB) Viewed 1272 times

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:47 pm
Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:37 pm This one here now is further proving that there is actually no God's law at all.
God's law exists in two main versions that are largely bi-interpretable:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halakha

Halakha (/hɑːˈlɔːxə/ hah-LAW-khə;[1] Hebrew: הֲלָכָה, romanized: hălāḵā, Sephardic: [halaˈχa]), also transliterated as halacha, halakhah, and halocho (Ashkenazic: [haˈlɔχɔ]), is the collective body of Jewish religious laws that are derived from the Written and Oral Torah. Halakha is based on biblical commandments (mitzvot), subsequent Talmudic and rabbinic laws, and the customs and traditions which were compiled in the many books such as the Shulchan Aruch. Halakha is often translated as "Jewish law", although a more literal translation of it might be "the way to behave" or "the way of walking".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Sharia (/ʃəˈriːə/; Arabic: شَرِيعَة, romanized: sharīʿah, IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa]) is a body of religious law that forms a part of the Islamic tradition[1][2][3] based on scriptures of Islam, particularly the Quran and hadith.[1] In Arabic, the term sharīʿah refers to God's immutable divine law and this referencing is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its interpretations by Islamic scholars.
What is there about God's law that you seem to believe, does not exist?
But I do not believe this.

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:47 pm Download a copy for yourself, if you are in doubt.
Download a copy of what, exactly?

Both of the above are just 'religious laws' that are written by and made up by you human beings.

What about this can you not yet comprehend and understand?
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:55 pm Both of the above are just 'religious laws' that are written by and made up by you human beings.
We believe that these texts represent God's law. You don't. But then again, who cares? Who has ever said that you would have to believe it? We simply believe different things. You live with your choice and I live with mine. Why do you want to convince me of your unbelief? Did I ever try to convince you to believe? I really don't because I am not interested in that. Everybody makes their own choices.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 pm
Age wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:55 pm Both of the above are just 'religious laws' that are written by and made up by you human beings.
We believe that these texts represent God's law. You don't. But then again, who cares? Who has ever said that you would have to believe it? We simply believe different things. You live with your choice and I live with mine. Why do you want to convince me of your unbelief? Did I ever try to convince you to believe? I really don't because I am not interested in that. Everybody makes their own choices.
Why come here, claim some thing is true but when asked for clarity and challenged over your claim, you do not?

What is the actual purpose of doing that?

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 pm
We believe that these texts represent God's law.
Obviously you do. And you, like other "theists" believe other texts represent God's laws, of which they also cannot prove true, just "atheists" believe texts that they also cannot prove true.

What you are all doing is just believing things to be true but which are just made up stories and written by just human beings.

When are all of you adult human beings going to actually 'grow up'/evolve, and stop believing in 'stories', that are not true?
godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 pm You don't.
This is right. I do not believe in just made up stories spoken and written by you human beings
godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 pm But then again, who cares? Who has ever said that you would have to believe it? We simply believe different things.
The difference here is that you believe things, which you cannot back up, support, nor prove True. Whereas, I do not.
godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 pm You live with your choice and I live with mine. Why do you want to convince me of your unbelief?
Why do you even begin to assume and believe things that are completely Untrue?

Just so you become aware, I do not want to convince you of absolutely any thing. As I have clearly already pointed this out and made very clear here in this forum.
godelian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:34 pm Did I ever try to convince you to believe? I really don't because I am not interested in that. Everybody makes their own choices.
A d you, like the other "theists" and "atheists" have chosen to believed things to be true, which are completely and utterly False.

As I have been continuously pointing out, showing, and revealing here