How is the Karma enforced?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: How is the Karma enforced?

Post by Sculptor »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:24 pm "Do you really think I am a 666 tail tale?"

Any time i see 666 i think of Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden. I'm jammin to it right now.

The end part in 10/8 is the baddest shit i ever heard, fish. this right here. Fuckin epic. Tell me it ain't.

I have the fiyahhh!
I have the force!
They are good, no doubt. But like all Classical Music is a footnote to Beethoven, all Metal is a footnote to the Heavy Rock of Led Zep.
No one ever matched or surpassed Page on Guitar or Bonham of drums. But it was what the four of them did together was so much more than 4 times the best of them.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:19 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:13 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:31 pm

Are you still hoping God doesn't exist?

:twisted:
No. WHy should I?
What do you mean "god"?
Ah, you'll find out soon.
So I was right that you do not understand karma or god.
That's nice to know.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:24 pm "Do you really think I am a 666 tail tale?"

Any time i see 666 i think of Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden. I'm jammin to it right now.

The end part in 10/8 is the baddest shit i ever heard, fish. this right here. Fuckin epic. Tell me it ain't.

I have the fiyahhh!
I have the force!
I was actually thinking of Iron Maiden when I was walking my dog the other day - I was thinking of that Loser song from that film "I listen to Iron Maiden baby...wooohooooowooo..." ...and I actually though I really should listen to some of their stuff, but to be honest that sounded like a big fag that needs a haircut and a wash singing shite!! sorry, crap to me. I've never liked "heavy-metal" - punk is my thang
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:35 pm
No. WHy should I?
What do you mean "god"?
That's nice to know.
Haven't you noticed I am beyond giving a fuck what you think :P
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Oh yes rock trivia. This is my shit.

Yes to the Zeppelin thesis, although Black Sabbath would probably be thought of as the greater precursor to metal.

Page was in my opinion the best guitarist from the top ten rock band set we're all most familiar with, but only in his element. There are prog-rock guitarists that would devour him. We won't talk about Howe, Fripp or Lifeson.

Bonham's signature lick was his bass drum triplets. Nobody did that before or quite like him (when they rarely did). And there really wasn't much competition for him. Who, Keith Moon, Nick Mason, Phil Rudd, Charlie Watts? Yeah right.

I'll tell u a lesser known secret tho. Lynyrd Skynyrd and Jethro Tull could have gone as hard as Zeppelin if they wanted, but harder rock wasn't their forte. These two bands had excellent musicians.

Now rumor has it that Zep plagiarized a shit ton of their songs. Not by outright copying them, but by getting an idea through them and then kinda rearranging things a bit. Stairway to Heaven was an old german classical guitar rip-off. I remember my friend's brother Dave showing me the sheet music and playing it for me. He was like 'dude this sounds just like Stairway to Heaven!'' And it did. Too much. Page had to have heard it.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

https://youtu.be/ci_2_mXSJ9Q

Frank interviews the manager of The Edgewater Inn, where Zeppelin allegedly performed lewd and lascivious acts with a groupie and a mudshark.

Fact or fiction? U decide.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/fi ... s-mudshark
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:36 pm

That's nice to know.
Haven't you noticed I am beyond giving a fuck what you think :P
:D :D :D
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:12 pm Oh yes rock trivia. This is my shit.

Yes to the Zeppelin thesis, although Black Sabbath would probably be thought of as the greater precursor to metal.

Page was in my opinion the best guitarist from the top ten rock band set we're all most familiar with, but only in his element. There are prog-rock guitarists that would devour him. We won't talk about Howe, Fripp or Lifeson.
Howe - hugely creative, Fripp a total technician. Horses for courses. I would not give up my Yes, KC for LZ, but I'd not give up any of them for any of the others. It's all 3 or death for me.
As for Rush - a bunch of Randroid morons

Bonham's signature lick was his bass drum triplets. Nobody did that before or quite like him (when they rarely did). And there really wasn't much competition for him. Who, Keith Moon, Nick Mason, Phil Rudd, Charlie Watts? Yeah right.
Moon was a monster force of nature no discipline. Mason Was competent, but nothing especially shines out from P Floyd , but he could play the time signatures! Charlie was a fish out of water. A jazz drummer working in a rock medium. Again not much shines out of the Stones. Can't think of a Stones tune where you say - fuck what about that drumming. Maybe you could remind me.

I'll tell u a lesser known secret tho. Lynyrd Skynyrd and Jethro Tull could have gone as hard as Zeppelin if they wanted, but harder rock wasn't their forte. These two bands had excellent musicians.
I like both especially Tull. Tull is in a league of their own. I'd not want them out of their unique lane though. LenSkyn were country rock and once again not in the same Park as LZ.

Now rumor has it that Zep plagiarized a shit ton of their songs. Not by outright copying them, but by getting an idea through them and then kinda rearranging things a bit. Stairway to Heaven was an old german classical guitar rip-off. I remember my friend's brother Dave showing me the sheet music and playing it for me. He was like 'dude this sounds just like Stairway to Heaven!'' And it did. Too much. Page had to have heard it.
I do not see this as a problem
Run alone and find the original "When the Levee Breaks", or "Gallis Pole". When you are gonna cover you better make pretty same sure its the same as the original or something so amazing that you never want to hear the orginal again. That's what LZ used to do with that old Blues stuff.
I think you are remembering a 3 note riff lifted from the band Spirit? The tune was "Taurus". 3 notes is, well... three notes. Meh.
Judge for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7hCIWwhGE
I think there is no case to answer, and Spirit did not mind until some inheritor of their estate tried litigation 40 years later.
Compare if you will when Eagles ripped off "We Used to Know" from Jethro Tull for "Hotel California", when Iain Anderson was asked about it he just said to Eagles "If they lifted it, then they are welcome to it."
People are too sensitive about borrowing these days; a legacy of a growing litigious America.
The old Blues Masters were always a lot more promiscuous in that respect back in the day.
The Rolling Stones first Album was all covers but one. That was expected.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I've never liked "heavy-metal" - punk is my thang"

Oh nice so now i can tell the story of when i heard my first punk music.

So when i was twelve and in the state mental institution, my roomie Bruce - he was a skater with a shaved head and long bangs covering one eye - had two cassette tapes we used to obsess over: Caress of Steel by Rush and Sex Pistols... the album with anarchy in the UK on it. In fact, i remember looking up the word 'anarchy' in the dayroom encyclopedias to see what this guy was talking about, and this began my journey into politics (of lack thereof in this particular case).

Bruce and i would collect apple seeds from the apples in the cafeteria and smuggle them into the room. We had found out, via those same encyclopedias, that the base chemical for LSD is derived from ergot, a fungus that grew on rye and apple seeds. Or maybe it was just rye but he thought it was apple seeds too. Can't remember. He was in charge of the operation so i just followed his instruction. So we're hiding these apple seeds in the room for weeks tryna grow ergot on em so we can eat the stuff and trip out. Needless to say it never worked. Either becuz the seeds didn't produce enough ergot, or what fungus they did produce wasn't ergot, or we didn't have a lab and the necessary chemicals to process the material.

My favorite punk band is Minutemen, and this is my favorite song:

https://youtu.be/Up9b-vqlXbc

The time monitor
The space maasurer
meno_

Post by meno_ »

No. WHy should I?
What do you mean "god"?
That's nice to know.

It’s also nice to know that someone out there loves you even if the Iron Maiden was cast of steel before it became so old and ageless.

But carry on nevertheless
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

meno_ wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:59 pm

That's nice to know.
It’s also nice to know that someone out there loves you even if the Iron Maiden was cast of steel before it became so old and ageless.

I have no idea what you are on about.
meno_

Post by meno_ »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:34 pm

That's nice to know.

The Iron Maiden group is tortuous to listen to , because it represents to some the slow dissipation of faith, that only whom love lost has any meaning. Future posterity wills to logos rather then power.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

meno_ wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:28 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:34 pm

The Iron Maiden group is tortuous to listen to , because it represents to some the slow dissipation of faith, that only whom love lost has any meaning. Future posterity wills to logos rather then power.
Are you talking about a Rock band?
WTF has that to do with dissipation of faith. WTF is dissipation of faith?

ANd wTF has that to do with your last sentence FFS?

I was talking to Atopishpie about his lack of understanding of karma. How does nay of that relate?
meno_

Post by meno_ »

I dunno the answer to any of your questions, and karma works on levels of cause and effect like the miracles which seek justification.
They conform to no rhyme or reason, they usually happen to unknowable reasons, at times skipping generations, the unknowable reigns, and usually balances the scale of merit, regardless of sought after justification or attempts at realization.

Usually relations affects and effected hidden objects are the prime motivation of signifying higher sources finding their own places and roles in attempts to regulate the proper weight that imposes the unbalance among related hierarchies seeking peace and love among them, not in order to be conceived as some kind of punishing angel.

It distributes justice in order to let Nature continue to do its work.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Maiden was never the same (or as good) after Di'anno...

Zep was better when they were the Yardbirds (and Beck and Clapton were better than Page) - but the original blues players which all these bands copied never get enough credit...

Ramones - Clash

2 cents

-Imp