Republicans are Treasonous

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Republicans are Treasonous

Post by Sculptor »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/1 ... K4B9aKU74A

There’s a long tradition of Republicans running for president committing what can best called treason, or at least criminal manipulation of international affairs, to advantage themselves and hurt incumbent Democratic presidents.
Impenitent

Re: Republicans are Treasonous

Post by Impenitent »

don't worry- when the democratics try to steal the next election, the real fun will begin

-Imp
Last edited by Impenitent on Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:33 pm don't worry- when the democratics try to steal the next election, the next election the real fun will begin

-Imp
God help you.
Idiot
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

I thought accepting assistance from a foreign government during a campaign is treasonous. It doesn’t have to be solicited assistance. By not taking steps to prevent it, the Trumpricans accepted Russian help in 2016. That would be a high crime for certain.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

commonsense wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 pm I thought accepting assistance from a foreign government during a campaign is treasonous. It doesn’t have to be solicited assistance. By not taking steps to prevent it, the Trumpricans accepted Russian help in 2016. That would be a high crime for certain.
There's a lot of bribery and economic incentivizing that goes on in politics. A politician accepting an outright bribe for his or her own personal use is an extreme example that is outright criminal, however, there are many subtle ways that money ties in with politics in ways that are essentially undemocratic. Plutocracy is a very well entrenched tendency in politics. Unfortunately our system is so skewed in certain ways that candidates like Trump are the closest thing to "outsiders" to politics that can make it very far. Sanders is much more working class conscious but it's basically people like Trump who are able to gain mass appeal instead.

In a sense, the wealthy have gotten what they deserve, a wealthy "outsider". Had they been more receptive to Sanders (or maybe less obstuctionist is the word) we might not be in the situation we're in.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Mea culpa. I see my mistake now: treason is defined by the Constitution as giving aid to the enemy, not accepting aid from foreign governments.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 pm I thought accepting assistance from a foreign government during a campaign is treasonous. It doesn’t have to be solicited assistance. By not taking steps to prevent it, the Trumpricans accepted Russian help in 2016. That would be a high crime for certain.
Republicans are so entranched into the establishment that Trump can do what the fuck he wants. THe constitutions says he ought not be on the ballot for the forthcoming presidential eletion. (Ammendment 14)
Ye the Supreme Court says he can.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:33 pm
Republicans are so entranched into the establishment that Trump can do what the fuck he wants. THe constitutions says he ought not be on the ballot for the forthcoming presidential eletion. (Ammendment 14)
That’s so true. Now I’m wondering what SCOTUS will do with the immunity claim. I mean, the only sane ruling the court can have is that the president doesn’t have unconditional immunity. But the justices did not produce a sane reason in the ballot case. Since it’s Trump’s SCOTUS, they probably will rule insanely again.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:34 pm
That’s so true. Now I’m wondering what SCOTUS will do with the immunity claim. I mean, the only sane ruling the court can have is that the president doesn’t have unconditional immunity. But the justices did not produce a sane reason in the ballot case. Since it’s Trump’s SCOTUS, they probably will rule insanely again.
The whole world was horrified when Ford suggested the Pardoning of Nixon. The precedent is a dangerous one. Just one step away from pardoning the self.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:54 pm

The whole world was horrified when Ford suggested the Pardoning of Nixon. The precedent is a dangerous one. Just one step away from pardoning the self.
I remember Ford saying he pardoned Nixon in order to heal the country and allowing the populace to move on. The pardon didn’t do that .
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:25 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:54 pm

I remember Ford saying he pardoned Nixon in order to heal the country and allowing the populace to move on. The pardon didn’t do that .
Ford was doing what he was told, and said what he was told to say. By whom??? The same people that put Nixon in charge in the first place.
That lack of accountability has had extremely dangerous conseuqences.
the Reagan regime acted illegally the entire time and was excessively corrupt.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:33 am https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/1 ... K4B9aKU74A

There’s a long tradition of Republicans running for president committing what can best called treason, or at least criminal manipulation of international affairs, to advantage themselves and hurt incumbent Democratic presidents.
Vladimir Putin has already clarified that he would not benefit from Trump coming back. Putin prefers sleepy Joe to stay in office. I think that Putin is probably right. Just let decrepit Joe "Alzheimerson" Biden mismanage the geriatric White House for another term. So, put him back in office already!

Vladimir Putin is a geopolitical genius. I was counting on Putin to finish off NATO where the Taliban left off. Since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, I have been waiting for Putin to do us that favor. While I am not impatient or disappointed -- Putin may know things that I do not know -- I still find it a lengthy process.

I will never forget the image of NATO getting unceremoniously deported from Kabul Airport. Seriously, where are the men willing to risk their lives and die for the feminist State? The NATO simps, along with their numerous platoons of blue-haired and tattooed lesbian and transgender boss babes sporting big shiny nose rings, should get a new opportunity to show their mettle in battle!
Atla

Post by Atla »

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:19 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:33 am https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/1 ... K4B9aKU74A

Vladimir Putin has already clarified that he would not benefit from Trump coming back. Putin prefers sleepy Joe to stay in office. I think that Putin is probably right. Just let decrepit Joe "Alzheimerson" Biden mismanage the geriatric White House for another term. So, put him back in office already!

Vladimir Putin is a geopolitical genius. I was counting on Putin to finish off NATO where the Taliban left off. Since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, I have been waiting for Putin to do us that favor. While I am not impatient or disappointed -- Putin may know things that I do not know -- I still find it a lengthy process.

I will never forget the image of NATO getting unceremoniously deported from Kabul Airport. Seriously, where are the men willing to risk their lives and die for the feminist State? The NATO simps, along with their numerous platoons of blue-haired and tattooed lesbian and transgender boss babes sporting big shiny nose rings, should get a new opportunity to show their mettle in battle!
"finish off NATO"? :) You greatly underestimate the power of NATO and the anti-Russian sentiment in Central Europe.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Atla wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:31 am "finish off NATO"? :) You greatly underestimate the power of NATO and the anti-Russian sentiment in Central Europe.
That is why I think that we need a new round of woke regulations in the military. Every penis longer that two inches needs to be abbreviated. Either you agree to being abbreviated or else you leave. But first and foremost, the army must introduce another and brand new vaccine. Pfizer will take care of designing it. The new vaccine will combat the perennial problem of emotional unavailability. So, if you do not want to get vaccinated again, then close the door on your way out.

It is true that we should not underestimate NATO. We are currently not ready yet. They should not be sent into battle already. Many new rounds of fixing and regulations are needed. The military still need to get fixed more intensively, but believe me that at some point they will finally be ready. The coalition of simps, with a numerical majority of transgenders and boss babes, will decisively march to the battlefield and surprise us with their incredible performance!
Atla

Post by Atla »

godelian wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:41 am
Atla wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:31 am "finish off NATO"? :) You greatly underestimate the power of NATO and the anti-Russian sentiment in Central Europe.
That is why I think that we need a new round of woke regulations in the military. Every penis longer that two inches needs to be abbreviated. Either you agree to being abbreviated or else you leave. But first and foremost, the army must introduce another and brand new vaccine. Pfizer will take care of designing it. The new vaccine will combat the perennial problem of emotional unavailability. So, if you do not want to get vaccinated again, then close the door on your way out.

It is true that we should not underestimate NATO. We are currently not ready yet. They should not be sent into battle already. Many new rounds of fixing and regulations are needed. The military still need to get fixed more intensively, but believe me that at some point they will finally be ready. The coalition of simps, with a numerical majority of transgenders and boss babes, will decisively march to the battlefield and surprise us with their incredible performance!
Ok.