Hopefully These Aren't Self Fulfilling Prophecies

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Hopefully These Aren't Self Fulfilling Prophecies

Post by Gary Childress »

No sane human being wants (or should want) WWIII. Yet I've seen reports of various leaders "predicting" it. Nukes also seem to be "on the table" according to Russian sources, I've seen it claimed. I don't know if it's just my newsfeed or if the world really is that insane. What is the malfunction of leaders? Is freaking everyone out something they just like to do as a sport?
attofishpi

Re: Hopefully These Aren't Self Fulfilling Prophecies

Post by attofishpi »

I'd be surprised if the nerd in the basement would allow it. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am No sane human being wants (or should want) WWIII. Yet I've seen reports of various leaders "predicting" it. Nukes also seem to be "on the table" according to Russian sources, I've seen it claimed. I don't know if it's just my newsfeed or if the world really is that insane. What is the malfunction of leaders? Is freaking everyone out something they just like to do as a sport?
Apparently the Doomsday Clock is still at 90 seconds to midnight if that's of any help.
Peter Kropotkin

Post by Peter Kropotkin »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am No sane human being wants (or should want) WWIII. Yet I've seen reports of various leaders "predicting" it. Nukes also seem to be "on the table" according to Russian sources, I've seen it claimed. I don't know if it's just my newsfeed or if the world really is that insane. What is the malfunction of leaders? Is freaking everyone out something they just like to do as a sport?
K: it is also part of the game.... by predicting the apocalypse and then
not getting one, one could say, hay, I prevented the end times....
it was me that saved planet earth.... its an old mechanics trick...
say, it will take 8 hours to fix the car and what happens if you do it
in say, 4 hours? you look awfully good...almost a miracle worker...
and that is how many play the game...

Kropotkin

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am No sane human being wants (or should want) WWIII.
Has there ever been any 'sane human being' who has wanted any war?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am Yet I've seen reports of various leaders "predicting" it.
Well since world war three has probably been 'being predicted' since when world war two ended, which started not very long at all after world war one. So, so called "leaders" predicting the next following number war should not be to surprising at all, especially considering that it is and was "your so-called leaders" who start and begin world wars. But, and again, you do get what you voted in, and thus really wanted anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am Nukes also seem to be "on the table" according to Russian sources, I've seen it claimed.
But using nuclear weapons against and on "yourselves" has been around since you human beings invented and created nuclear weapons to use, for the reason of protecting "yourselves" against "yourselves".

So, what is wrong with any of 'this' here?

Also, it is on 'now' that nuclear weapons seem to be 'on the table'?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am I don't know if it's just my newsfeed or if the world really is that insane.
Once again, the way 'the world' is, exactly, 'the way' you adult human being have created 'it', and, are Creating 'it'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am What is the malfunction of leaders?
One could possibly suggest that 'the malfunction' of 'them' are 'the ones' who voted or allowed 'them' IN, and TO BE so-called "leaders".

Which, by the way, you adult human beings are the absolutely only ones who are voting and/or allowing 'them' to IN 'that position'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am Is freaking everyone out something they just like to do as a sport?
Who else besides you "gary childress" is so-called 'freaking out' here?

Post by Age »

Peter Kropotkin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:43 am
K: it is also part of the game.... by predicting the apocalypse and then
not getting one, one could say, hay, I prevented the end times....
it was me that saved planet earth....
But obliterating absolutely any physical thing has absolutely nothing at all to do with the actual Real and True 'apocalypse'.

As can be clearly seen here even hitherto to the days when this was being written these people, 'back then', were still so very, very confused about what the word 'the apocalypse' meant, and was referring to, exactly.

Also, has there ever been a human being who has claimed to have prevented 'the apocalypse', 'the end times', or 'the war'?

If yes, then let us see just how True, or Deluded, they really were/are.
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:43 am its an old mechanics trick...
say, it will take 8 hours to fix the car and what happens if you do it
in say, 4 hours? you look awfully good...almost a miracle worker...
and that is how many play the game...

Kropotkin
But does anyone really think someone who did some 'thing', of which the first had no real clue about, was almost a so-called "miracle worker"?

Also, if absolutely anyone is preventing, or claiming to prevent, 'the apocalypse' and/or 'the end times', which is what is Truly needed in order for the Truly 'peaceful and harmonious world' to begin, then why are these people not stopped and questioned as to why they would even want to prevent or stop 'the end times' of this Truly 'war-torn, pollution-riddled, stress-full, hostile, and discordant world', which exists in the days when this is being written?

The apocalypse of 'this world' was well over due even way back before this was even been written, in those seemingly so long ago days from 'NOW'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:58 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am No sane human being wants (or should want) WWIII.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:24 am Yet I've seen reports of various leaders "predicting" it.
Well since world war three has probably been 'being predicted' since when world war two ended, which started not very long at all after world war one. So, so called "leaders" predicting the next following number war should not be to surprising at all, especially considering that it is and was "your so-called leaders" who start and begin world wars. But, and again, you do get what you voted in, and thus really wanted anyway.
I didn't vote in the last election. So I didn't get what I "voted" for. I voted for no one who took office and yet someone took office. :wink:

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:20 am
Age wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:58 am
I didn't vote in the last election. So I didn't get what I "voted" for.
Very smart person. And, especially so, considering the so-called 'actual choices' you had to choose from.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:20 am I voted for no one who took office and yet someone took office. :wink:
Well you can thank, or blame, adult human beings for 'that'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:35 am Well you can thank, or blame, adult human beings for 'that'.
I don't blame anyone other than the ones who took office and are perpetuating this brinkmanship. It's up to them to stop it.

And I thank no one for the mess the world is in. I don't like wars and violence. I simply hope the mess is worked out peacefully. That's all.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:43 am
Age wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:35 am Well you can thank, or blame, adult human beings for 'that'.
I don't blame anyone other than the ones who took office and are perpetuating this brinkmanship. It's up to them to stop it.
Well if, and when, they get voted in, again, then they will think that what they believe, and are doing, is what 'the people' want, and deserve.

Or, well that is what they will tell themselves anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:43 am And I thank no one for the mess the world is in. I don't like wars and violence. I simply hope the mess is worked out peacefully. That's all.
Okay.

Now, if absolutely anyone would like to discuss how all 'the mess' can be worked out, peacefully, and forever more, then I am more than willing, ready, and already prepared to.