My name is Oroc

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

OrocTeza

My name is Oroc

Post by OrocTeza »

Hello, I have an English degree on European Literature and Philosophy, which I received more than 20 years ago, but I have been busy learning my craft at writing and understanding philosophy and literature, including American literature (e.g. William Faulkner, William Burroughs) and American critical philosophy (I am afraid nothing after Paul de Man and Harold Bloom, but their ideas and methodologies still stand strong for me). I have been also a painter during this time, having lots of exhibitions and having been congratulated by the President of the Democracy of Greece himself! The last 4 years I had been writing a book on analysis of Edmund Husserl (his theory of wholes and parts), Alexis De Tocqueville (his theory of French intellectual activity before the Great Revolution), Friedrich Nietzsche (his book on the birth of tragedy, according to a sociological perspective of the inventions of his day, of electricity for the Apollonian but also the Socratic, and of the gramophone for the Dionysian). I conclude by an analysis of the Surrealist poet and theatre man Antonin Artaud, to which I provide a linguistic formalism that describes the stages of his development as an artist. To my great surprise, none of the Greek publishing companies I have contacted have any interest on my book, but perhaps I am naive on this field. WHY should they want to read MY typed manuscript, if I don't even offer them money? Anyway, I DON'T have the money to publish the book myself, and I continue to work on the next book as it is usual business. So HERE I AM, at the threshold of joining the community of this forum, as an everyday outlet for reading about views, opinions, and established arguments by fellow aspiring philosophers, as well as commenting on topics and even introducing some myself. Hello to everyone who reads this.
bahman

Re: My name is Oroc

Post by bahman »

OrocTeza wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:39 pm Hello, I have an English degree on European Literature and Philosophy, which I received more than 20 years ago, but I have been busy learning my craft at writing and understanding philosophy and literature, including American literature (e.g. William Faulkner, William Burroughs) and American critical philosophy (I am afraid nothing after Paul de Man and Harold Bloom, but their ideas and methodologies still stand strong for me). I have been also a painter during this time, having lots of exhibitions and having been congratulated by the President of the Democracy of Greece himself! The last 4 years I had been writing a book on analysis of Edmund Husserl (his theory of wholes and parts), Alexis De Tocqueville (his theory of French intellectual activity before the Great Revolution), Friedrich Nietzsche (his book on the birth of tragedy, according to a sociological perspective of the inventions of his day, of electricity for the Apollonian but also the Socratic, and of the gramophone for the Dionysian). I conclude by an analysis of the Surrealist poet and theatre man Antonin Artaud, to which I provide a linguistic formalism that describes the stages of his development as an artist. To my great surprise, none of the Greek publishing companies I have contacted have any interest on my book, but perhaps I am naive on this field. WHY should they want to read MY typed manuscript, if I don't even offer them money? Anyway, I DON'T have the money to publish the book myself, and I continue to work on the next book as it is usual business. So HERE I AM, at the threshold of joining the community of this forum, as an everyday outlet for reading about views, opinions, and established arguments by fellow aspiring philosophers, as well as commenting on topics and even introducing some myself. Hello to everyone who reads this.
Wow. You have a good carrier in philosophy. Glad to have you here and welcome to the forum.
Primrose44

Re: My name is Oroc

Post by Primrose44 »

Hello, and congrats for embarking on learning philosophy and literature. I'm also super-excited to be here as a new member. Hoping to learn more from our interactions!
Best regards.