Hollywood Wonkerdom

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Hollywood Wonkerdom

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It had to happen. Wonkers aren't kidding when they spew out the word 'inclusivity' ad nauseum.
I've just been watching a Netflix series called 'The Good Doctor' about an autistic surgeon. It's been getting woker and woker with each episode. I should have seen it coming. It has now reached what I imagine is the climax of its hellish woke journey (one can always hope)--an episode about a 'decent and virtuous' paedophile who heroically tries to suppress his ravenous lust for chllden-- including his own nieces and nephews. We are told that he's 'not a paedophile' because he 'hasn't acted on it'. We are asked to be 'empathetic' towards him. The poor man can't help it and he's doing his best under circumstances that are no fault of his own. So tragic. It brought tears to the eyes. In the end he made the ultimate self-sacrifice--by stepping in front of a car. What a guy. So moving and noble. Made me wish I had the tiniest violin in the universe.
Paedophiles are not nice people with an unfortunate sexual leaning. They are predators and depraved sick fucks by definition. They have no interest in 'controlling their urges'.
Could it get any worse? Can anyone think of a group even more revolting to be told that we need to be 'inclusive' and 'empathetic' towards? What about kitten rapers? People who skin puppies alive? Those are probably on the way-- little twinkles in the writers' eyes.

Gee, I wonder why Hollywood is trying to normalise and gain empathy for paedophiles. I can't think why that would be. Hmmm? Any theories?
vegetariantaxidermy

Unless

they were suggesting that the only decent course of action for a paedophile is to kill himself (correct), but I don't think that was the case since one of the doctors had already described him as a 'decent person'.

A previous episode was about a 'girl' with testicular cancer :roll:
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Hollywood Wonkerdom

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Yeah so what u have is a circle of effects that reinforce each other. Step one, capitalism/consumerism creates social gender conflict and tension (between dudes and chicks) that results in existential crisis. Step two, existential crisis evolves into identity/role crisis; rise of feminism, feminization of men, aberrant sexual desires. Step three, new minority groups of those in identity crisis are represented in media. Step four, media exposure then encourages others to sympathize and/or attracts otherwise normal people to the minority groups. People start 'coming out of the closet', as it were.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

That's the great thing about Netflix; it offers us so much to complain about. 🙂
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:14 pm That's the great thing about Netflix; it offers us so much to complain about. 🙂
What's that suppposed to mean? Do you think that trying to elicit compassion and tolerance from the viewing public for paedophiles is a good thing? Something that shouldn't be complained about? Or are you just making one of your habitual little passive/aggressive smarmy comments that you seem to favour these day, before writing multiple comments about how you 'don't care' about the topic.If you 'don't care' then don't comment. It's quite simple.
vegetariantaxidermy

https://drjohndegarmo.medium.com/how-th ... 7cd6483abf

''Perhaps the parable of the frog in boiling water is one that may be a warning sign for society. If you are a frog, you jump from a pot of boiling water. But if you are placed in a pot of tepid water that is gradually heated to boiling, you die. The danger signs of the normalization of pedophilia have been around us for some time, yet many have either ignored these signs, or were unfamiliar with them. To be sure, protecting the innocence, safety, and rights of children is one that should be a bi-partisan one, a battle that must be won. If we do not react to the warning signs around us before it is too late, it will be the children who will indeed suffer.''
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:41 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:14 pm That's the great thing about Netflix; it offers us so much to complain about. 🙂
What's that suppposed to mean?
It means that if you were looking for some aspect of "wokeness" to rant about, Netflix is a good place to find it.
Do you think that trying to elicit compassion and tolerance from the viewing public for paedophiles is a good thing?
I haven't seen the programme you are complaining about, so I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to have an opinion on.
Or are you just making one of your habitual little passive/aggressive smarmy comments that you seem to favour these day, before writing multiple comments about how you 'don't care' about the topic.
I'll leave that for you to predetermine. 🙂

Actually, my pet hate about Netflix is their "inclusivity" policy. Whenever there is a group of characters, around whom the plot is centred, it seems that a member from every race has to be represented within it. They even try to do it with families, where you might get something like a white parent and a black parent, with a Hispanic looking child, and an oriental looking one.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

I think “over representation” is the correct phrase.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Of course, the irony here is that once again the wonkers and the woke folk are basically just those who don't think and feel exactly as she does about pedophilia.

That, biologically, "the average age for girls to start puberty is 11, while for boys the average age is 12...but it's perfectly normal for puberty to begin at any point between the ages of 8 and 13 in girls and 9 and 14 in boys" is entirely irrelevant. And that some 13 year olds are actually far more mature than some 33 year olds?

And, of course, in regard to human sexuality itself, the libido is embedded in that part of the brain that any particular cerebral cortex may or may not have a better handle on.

It's ever and always all about "my way or the highway" with these moral and political fanatics.
vegetariantaxidermy

iambiguous wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:39 pm Of course, the irony here is that once again the wonkers and the woke folk are basically just those who don't think and feel exactly as she does about pedophilia.

That, biologically, "the average age for girls to start puberty is 11, while for boys the average age is 12...but it's perfectly normal for puberty to begin at any point between the ages of 8 and 13 in girls and 9 and 14 in boys" is entirely irrelevant. And that some 13 year olds are actually far more mature than some 33 year olds?

And, of course, in regard to human sexuality itself, the libido is embedded in that part of the brain that any particular cerebral cortex may or may not have a better handle on.

It's ever and always all about "my way or the highway" with these moral and political fanatics.
Fuck off. A paedophile is someone who rapes/wants to rape CHILDREN. There's another word for old sleazeballs who are attracted to very young women who are often legally underage. 'Opinion' doesn't come into it. Try not to play dumb. You only make yourself look suspect.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Don't fuckin do it, Leon

You're gonna put your guns on, pick up your gear and walk out that door.
vegetariantaxidermy

It's completely unsuprising that wonkers would be sympathetic towards child rapists.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:03 am Don't fuckin do it, Leon

You're gonna put your guns on, pick up your gear and walk out that door.
Just the man. What's that word for men like you who are attracted to VERY young women who are between childhood and adulthood?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Bro I already told u: ephebophile. Attraction to post-pubescent adolescents.

But I like adult women too.