Trump

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mickthinks

Re: Trump

Post by mickthinks »

No, the Republican Party has become the ultimate shit show, but American politics isn't a lost cause yet.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

mickthinks wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:26 pm No, the Republican Party has become the ultimate shit show, but American politics isn't a lost cause yet.
You're probably right. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I just thought it sounded profound.
seeds

Post by seeds »

_______

Trump Loves Dictators...

https://youtu.be/mj5D7g6z32k?t=17

_______
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:56 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:13 pm
On the contrary, Sculptor. The POTUS is the final arbiter of what is classified, and what is not classified.
Final arbiter isn’t the same thing as only arbiter. Final means there are other arbiters that must play a role in an established process.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Trump eclipses the sun, yet again.

:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:55 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:13 pm
On the contrary, Sculptor. The POTUS is the final arbiter of what is classified, and what is not classified.
Final arbiter isn’t the same thing as only arbiter. Final means there are other arbiters that must play a role in an established process.
Interesting. When Lincoln took office he fired the entrenched support staff, and after that the rules were changed in favour of the support staff. That may be when the tail really began to wag the dog. Today, the constitutional dog appears to be just the support staff wagging around for the whims of the mighty tail.

Trump announced awhile back that he has plans to work around those old rules that have made the Deep State what it is today, protected from the likes of Lincoln, in The Post-Constitutional Republic of USA, USA, USA.

Trump hasn't mentioned it since, or if he has it hasn't received much attention.

But they remember, and they are afraid.

And the president is the final arbiter, no matter what the support staff thinks, no matter how many times the law is broken in favour of the wrong premise, the wrong premise being that the president is not the final arbiter, no matter how much the deep state has whittled around the edges to increase its own power.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Walker is wrong about everything. But what do you expect from someone in St Petersburg working for the Putin-MAGA nexus?

Trump announced awhile back that he has plans to work around those old rules that have made the Deep State what it is today…

When MAGA complains about the deep state they mean democratic checks and balances. That is, the things that prevent an authoritarian from seizing absolute power and becoming a dictator.

Of course Trump is planning to do away with all of it! 🙄
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Walker wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:05 am Trump eclipses the sun, yet again.
So like... he's bringing in an era of darkness? Is that the message?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

mickthinks wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:28 am When MAGA complains about the deep state they mean democratic checks and balances. That is, the things that prevent an authoritarian from seizing absolute power and becoming a dictator.
That's a really interesting interpretation, and I'm annoyed I haven't heard it before.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:35 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:55 am
Interesting. When Lincoln took office he fired the entrenched support staff, and after that the rules were changed in favour of the support staff. That may be when the tail really began to wag the dog. Today, the constitutional dog appears to be just the support staff wagging around for the whims of the mighty tail.

Trump announced awhile back that he has plans to work around those old rules that have made the Deep State what it is today, protected from the likes of Lincoln, in The Post-Constitutional Republic of USA, USA, USA.

Trump hasn't mentioned it since, or if he has it hasn't received much attention.

But they remember, and they are afraid.

And the president is the final arbiter, no matter what the support staff thinks, no matter how many times the law is broken in favour of the wrong premise, the wrong premise being that the president is not the final arbiter, no matter how much the deep state has whittled around the edges to increase its own power.
I’ll say this again. The president is the final arbiter only in a long line of a number of arbiters, not least of which are the arbiters in Homeland Security, the CIA, the NSA and the FBI.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Yes, but you tiptoed around implications.

The final arbiter concerning classified documents trumps assistant arbiters, such as those mentioned.
The commander in chief trumps the generals, although there's plenty of grunts around.

:D
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:15 pm Yes, but you tiptoed around implications.

The final arbiter concerning classified documents trumps assistant arbiters, such as those mentioned.
The commander in chief trumps the generals, although there's plenty of grunts around.

:D
The CIC is also capable of giving an unlawful order. This is covered in basic military training. The CIC’s order to declassify is void unless the others have done their due diligence. The others are not assistants. They are precursors. Your opinion otherwise does not change the facts about giving arbitration in place of subordinates.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

And there's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the Trump
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

At this point I'm for anyone who can bring peace. If Trump can have the balls to back down and negotiate with Russia in this game of one upmanship, then I'll take Trump. Otherwise, the whole world seems to be headed for a cliff. I hope there's a God who will save humanity from ourselves.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

That’s vacuous, Gary.