Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by Gary Childress »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:40 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:56 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:38 am You were more respectable as Ken. There were these dashes of the human about you and less toxic dominance games.
Who is "Ken"? Has Age posted before under other names? By what means has this been determined? Has Age admitted himself to being "Ken"?
I don't know if he's admitted it. I think it was Atla who guided me to Ken. I find it hard to imagine Ken isn't Age.

Here's a couple of Ken's later posts. I think you'll at least see why we consider Ken to be Age.
viewtopic.php?p=348377#p348377
viewtopic.php?p=318305#p318305
Yes. I do see some parallels. If this is the case, then it's almost as if ken has reinvented himself because "Age" seems different in many ways. Interesting. I used to post using screen names different from my own when I first started visiting the Internet back in the mid-1990s. But at some point, I decided to use my real name. That was probably over 15 years ago. Since then, I've posted in a broad number of places across the Internet, gaming forums, 3D art forums, responses to blogs and news articles, et al, all using my real name. In some sense, I own everything I've posted, all the good posts and all the terrible mistakes. I've changed a lot too over time. I'm sure most of us do.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:00 pm Yes. I do see some parallels. If this is the case, then it's almost as if ken has reinvented himself because "Age" seems different in many ways.
I agree, there are differences. (as a side note: I didn't look really hard for posts that were more like Age, just grabbed the first ones that had similarities.)
Interesting. I used to post using screen names different from my own when I first started visiting the Internet back in the mid-1990s. But at some point, I decided to use my real name. That was probably over 15 years ago. Since then, I've posted in a broad number of places across the Internet, gaming forums, 3D art forums, responses to blogs and news articles, et al, all using my real name. In some sense, I own everything I've posted, all the good posts and all the terrible mistakes. I've changed a lot too over time. I'm sure most of us do.
Sure. I've gone back to old posts, on other forums, and it's interesting to see similarities and differences.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:55 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:40 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:56 pm

Who is "Ken"? Has Age posted before under other names? By what means has this been determined? Has Age admitted himself to being "Ken"?
I don't know if he's admitted it. I think it was Atla who guided me to Ken. I find it hard to imagine Ken isn't Age.

Here's a couple of Ken's later posts. I think you'll at least see why we consider Ken to be Age.
viewtopic.php?p=348377#p348377
viewtopic.php?p=318305#p318305
He confirmed that he is Ken in conversation with me, while he was Ken he wrote something about future generations valuing this site because it is a record of the development of his ideas. When I mocked him for that as Age he agreed that these were his own words. It's hard to find the perfect post for that shit, but this one should suffice
viewtopic.php?p=519569#p519569
The linked post reminded me how many people view other people's beliefs as beliefs and their own beliefs as facts. Certainly the word 'belief' can be used many ways, but if they don't believe what they consider facts to be true, they're even odder birds than they intend.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:20 pmNo.

I also do not disbelieve it.

Instead I not just think this, but I know that it would already be a much better 'world' if adult human beings had stopped abusing children earlier, and and were not abusing children 'now', in the days when this is being written.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:20 pmand and
Slow down there, AgeGPT, you're stuttering a little bit on this question...

How do you 'know' and 'think' something, but not also believe it?

Isn't thought and knowledge, the extension of belief?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:26 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:36 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:24 pm

See how 'this one' is absolutely totally incapable of just answering and clarifying here?

The fear in this one of being shown to be Wrong here is completely and utterly debilitating for this one.
If you think you are doing anything other than making a fool out of yourself (again), you're mistaken.
Okay. If this is what you believe is true, then this must be true.
You said that for the 100th time and it's wrong for the 100th time. Why do you think 'must' it be true?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:06 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:20 pmNo.

I also do not disbelieve it.

Instead I not just think this, but I know that it would already be a much better 'world' if adult human beings had stopped abusing children earlier, and and were not abusing children 'now', in the days when this is being written.
Age wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:20 pmand and
Slow down there, AgeGPT, you're stuttering a little bit on this question...
But there was no question here. Why did you think or imagine there was?

Could you have been rushing to ask the next question, and in the process did not fully concentrate on what the actual structure or meaning was I said and wrote here, or there?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:06 pm How do you 'know' and 'think' something, but not also believe it?
By just choosing not to.

Which is very, very simple, and easy, really.

Also, it is 'know' or 'think', and not 'think' and 'know'.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:06 pm Isn't thought and knowledge, the extension of belief?
Only if one chooses it to be this way.

To me, there is first thought, or knowledge, which arises, as some might say, and then one can either choose to have belief (in) that arisen thought/knowledge, or have a disbelief in) that thought/knowledge, or just choose to neither believe nor disbelieve (in) that thought/knowledge.

Now, if one has chosen to believe some thing is true, then, to that one, that thing must, or has to, be true, and conversely, if one has chosen to disbelieve some thing is true, then, to that one, that thing must, or has to, be false, or not true.

I choose to neither believe nor disbelieve any thing. I, however, have chosen to have a belief in one thing alone. I, therefore, have chosen to believe in one thing, only.

Why in some countries/cultures there appears to be an absolute insistence that there has to be belief in many things, even to the point where some believe and insist that one cannot even live without belief?

When this question is answered properly and Correctly, then understanding how the Mind and the brain actually work will also become better understood.

Belief, itself, is a completely unnecessary part of Life, and living. However, in saying this the actual importance of belief, when it is used Right, or Correctly, and what can be created and achieved from belief is yet to be fully expressed, explained, and understood, fully.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:07 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:36 pm
If you think you are doing anything other than making a fool out of yourself (again), you're mistaken.
You said that for the 100th time and it's wrong for the 100th time.
Thank you for counting, and for waiting until the exact 100th number of times was reached.

Also, and by the way, why do you believe that it is wrong?
Atla wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:07 pm Why do you think 'must' it be true?
But I do not think this. I know this is true.

See, while one is believing something is true, then, whatever it is that is believed to be true must be true, but to that one only, and this is just because no one would choose to believe some thing is true if they had absolutely any doubt at all that that thing may well not be true at all.

For example, I will, here, ask for absolutely any one to provide 'us' with an example of what they believe is true, but which may well not be true at all.

Now, let 'us' see what transpires.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:36 pm

Thank you for counting, and for waiting until the exact 100th number of times was reached.

See, while one is believing something is true, then, whatever it is that is believed to be true must be true, but to that one only, and this is just because no one would choose to believe some thing is true if they had absolutely any doubt at all that that thing may well not be true at all.

For example, I will, here, ask for absolutely any one to provide 'us' with an example of what they believe is true, but which may well not be true at all.

Having absolutely no doubt about our beliefs is called being a complete idiot, most people aren't like that. It's near unfathomable that after being told dozens of times you are still incapable of getting this. It's already quite baffling that it needs to be said at all.

So why are you incapable of processing even such a simple and basic thing about humans? What kind of God are you?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am

Having absolutely no doubt about our beliefs is called being a complete idiot, most people aren't like that.
Yet you same people will go around believing some things are true, and fight and argue over those things, even to the extent of killing each other, but now, supposedly, all the way accepting that actually what the other one is saying may well be what is actually True and Right.

Which, to me, is even more of an idiot.

So, if you have doubt over whether some thing is even true and/or right, "atla", then why would you even want to believe that 'it' is true and/or right?

Why not just 'think' that that thing might or might not be true and/or right?

Surely at least half of all of the fighting, arguing, and bickering would then be removed. Which would then leave far more room and/or situations of being able to find and obtain what the actual and irrefutable Truth is, exactly
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am It's near unfathomable that after being told dozens of times you are still incapable of getting this.
But it is you who has been informed of this at least more than dozens of times and still you are incapable of getting this.
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am It's already quite baffling that it needs to be said at all.
The more you inform the readers here that you, literally, believe some things are true, but still doubt whether they are actually true, says, shows, and reveals a lot here, about you people back in the 'olden days', when this was being written.
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am So why are you incapable of processing even such a simple and basic thing about humans?
Oh, but it is very, very clear that you human beings, back then, believed a lot of things were true, but doubted your own beliefs.

And, let us not forget that that does not necessarily mean at all what you take it to mean "atla".
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am What kind of God are you?
How many different kinds of God are there, to you?

Also noted here is your complete and utter lack of ability to just clarify by listing just one thing, which you believe is true but which you know for sure may well not be true at all.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:01 am

Having absolutely no doubt about our beliefs is called being a complete idiot, most people aren't like that.
Yet you same people will go around believing some things are true, and fight and argue over those things, even to the extent of killing each other, but now, supposedly, all the way accepting that actually what the other one is saying may well be what is actually True and Right.

So, if you have doubt over whether some thing is even true and/or right, "atla", then why would you even want to believe that 'it' is true and/or right?

Surely at least half of all of the fighting, arguing, and bickering would then be removed. Which would then leave far more room and/or situations of being able to find and obtain what the actual and irrefutable Truth is, exactly
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am It's near unfathomable that after being told dozens of times you are still incapable of getting this.
But it is you who has been informed of this at least more than dozens of times and still you are incapable of getting this.
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am It's already quite baffling that it needs to be said at all.
The more you inform the readers here that you, literally, believe some things are true, but still doubt whether they are actually true, says, shows, and reveals a lot here, about you people back in the 'olden days', when this was being written.
Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 am So why are you incapable of processing even such a simple and basic thing about humans?
Oh, but it is very, very clear that you human beings, back then, believed a lot of things were true, but doubted your own beliefs.

And, let us not forget that that does not necessarily mean at all what you take it to mean "atla".

Also noted here is your complete and utter lack of ability to just clarify by listing just one thing, which you believe is true but which you know for sure may well not be true at all.
Again the ultimate hipocrisy of Age / God, she condemns some people for having certain beliefs, while doing nothing but preach the "actual truth" certain beliefs. You are the essence of the problem.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:13 am

Again the ultimate hipocrisy of Age / God, she condemns some people for having certain beliefs, while doing nothing but preach the "actual truth" certain beliefs. You are the essence of the problem.
Is it really that hard for you to just provide one example of your many, many beliefs, which you know, for sure, may not well be true nor right at all?

When have I ever so-called 'condemned' any one here?

Also, when have I ever so-called 'preached' the 'actual truth'?

But obviously because of your very severe inability and disability here not one shred of clarity will be provided by you. As you will, once again, prove absolutely True here.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:06 pm
How do you 'know' and 'think' something, but not also believe it?

Isn't thought and knowledge, the extension of belief?
I emphatically believe the above.

Thought and knowledge are nothing unless you believe them to be true. Yes, I say believe them, because you cannot know such things for certain.

But even belief must be tempered by the degree of confidence you have in so believing.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:20 am

Is it really that hard for you to just provide one example of your many, many beliefs, which you know, for sure, may not well be true nor right at all?

But obviously because of your very severe inability and disability here not one shred of clarity will be provided by you. As you will, once again, prove absolutely True here.
Denial, total amnesia, lies. This God has not yet reached the maturity of the average 10-year-old human, and never will.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:55 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:20 am

Denial, total amnesia, lies. This God has not yet reached the maturity of the average 10-year-old human, and never will.
Age can be beyond annoying in the way he replies to our posts--endlessly asking for "clarifying questions", but I'm starting to believe there's more to him than some of us have given him credit for. I'm curious about him now.