Fishing with a net

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Fishing with a net

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:02 am If Age makes assertions, they are not beliefs.
If other people make assertions, they are beliefs and are a sign of the assumptions and problems of time this was being written.

Considering that I have never done any of these things here, in this forum, then this does not apply to me.

However, some of those things are attempted with me, and/or to me, as can be clearly seen and proved True throughout this forum. So, thank you "iwannaplato" for bringing this to light here for us all to look at, and see.

Re: Fishing with a net

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:28 am
Impenitent wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:49 pm Fishers tend to catch more fish when they fish with a net
certain religions recommend "fishing" with nets (groups)
of course this is a proven anti-reel-ism approach
-Imp
I have often used the "catching fishes with net" metaphor.
Okay.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:28 am The critical point is the "net" used must not be full of holes so that there is absolutely no room for the fishes [those that cannot jump into the air] to escape when the enclosed net is pulled in and closed. see below.

There is where I roped [netted] in all subjects [from science to arts to theology] under a common denominator [objectivity is intersubjectivity] within a human-based FSK.
Most people argued with "loads of holes in their net" e.g. if they do not rope in say theology, theists will escape to say non-theists has no say in their beliefs, thus theists will continue to believe to the extent of continually killing non-theists because their [you cannot touch or argue about] God commanded so.

I think you missed the point of this topic "veritas aequitas", but this would not be your first time.

Anyway, no one ever said that you had to follow the intention behind a thread.

But, then again, the intention behind this thread title, 'Fishing with a net', may well be something different than I perceived, and really, you were right on 'the mark' here "veritas aequitas".