henry quirk

Merry Christmas, Forum!

Post by henry quirk »

AE4D3C08-9DC1-4C3D-A46B-0644D33B00C7.jpeg
AE4D3C08-9DC1-4C3D-A46B-0644D33B00C7.jpeg (56.63 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
promethean75

Re: Merry Christmas, Forum!

Post by promethean75 »

hey fishpi, santa is an anagram of satan, right? and what does santa do. he's the quintessential prolifigator of consumer junk culture. so satan's claus(e) is capitalism, yes?

there's only a 0000.65% chance in the english language that Santa would be an anagram of Satan. explain that please.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Humans are hive creatures. Sorry to burst your bubble. The Code.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

they're actually not. they're tribalists more or less. our evolutionary history has been so fraught with racial and ethinic conflict that we are conditioned and modified to be suspicious of folks outside our relatively immediate groups. and, we are master stereotypers, and for good reason. this is also a built-in feature of our nature; making general assessments about particular cases is more efficient than allocating too much time to looking for exceptions to a rule. for example, when i see a black person, my immediate impression is 'this person is a joke'. i wouldn't take the time to inquire to see if I'm wrong. i may be, of course, but that's not my point. my point is, when at walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

this is what i mean. our brains do this naturally, have evolved to do this naturally. it takes less precious time and involves less risks. time and security were critically important to human groups, especially back in the days.

also, becuz of our complexity and range of talent and intelligence, there is far more natural inequality expressed in our species than in any other. we're predisposed to organize hierarchically.

so, neither are we hive-like nor do we aspire to be so becuz a) one may be better than another, and b) everyone is suspect to being a dumbass by the other guy.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

likewise

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Impenitent wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:50 pm likewise

-Imp
πŸ‘
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

henry quirk wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:15 pm AE4D3C08-9DC1-4C3D-A46B-0644D33B00C7.jpeg
Hold on here...

Wasn't Santa Claus invented by the same folks who invented Christianity? So, in wishing everyone here a Merry Christmas...does this mean that Immanuel Cant persuaded you to accept Jesus Christ as your own personal savior?!

Oh, and just out of curiosity, how many weapons of mass destruction did you get this year?

Some of these...

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=5 ... =620&dpr=1

...perhaps?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:15 pm Merry Christmas, Forum!
Merry Christmas, to you too Henry.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: hey fishpi, santa is an anagram of satan, right? and what does santa do. he's the quintessential prolifigator of consumer junk culture. so satan's claus(e) is capitalism, yes?

there's only a 0000.65% chance in the english language that Santa would be an anagram of Satan. explain that please.
Mate, I sussed Satan Claws when you were flashing your nob to 14 years olds. :twisted:

Don't forget, I could be the Morning Star, Venus indeed.. :wink: ...upstairs they call me...Luci. 8)

When it comes to Satan, the Devil<--->Lived, and also as a punk ANARCHIST (Christ)...I'LL RUN RINGS AROUND YA!!

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

attofishpi wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:23 am
henry quirk wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:15 pm Merry Christmas, Forum!
Merry Christmas, to you too Henry.
πŸ‘
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Merry Christmas/Saturnalia. Life is a joke.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm they're actually not. they're tribalists more or less. our evolutionary history has been so fraught with racial and ethinic conflict that we are conditioned and modified to be suspicious of folks outside our relatively immediate groups.
So, what came FIRST?

Racial and ethnic conflict, OR, being suspicious of folks outside of 'your' relatively immediate groups?

And, WHY are 'you' like 'that'?
promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm and, we are master stereotypers, and for good reason. this is also a built-in feature of our nature; making general assessments about particular cases is more efficient than allocating too much time to looking for exceptions to a rule. for example, when i see a black person, my immediate impression is 'this person is a joke'.
ABSOLUTELY NONE of 'this' makes ANY ACTUAL SENSE, AT ALL.
promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm i wouldn't take the time to inquire to see if I'm wrong.
NO MORE than a tenth of second does it take to SEE and KNOW 'you' ARE Wrong here.

Well for some of 'us' anyway.
promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm i may be, of course, but that's not my point. my point is, when at walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
'you' ARE MAKING LESS SENSE the MORE 'you' SPEAK and WRITE here "promethean75". But, OF COURSE, MAYBE I AM MISSING SOME 'thing' here.
promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm this is what i mean. our brains do this naturally, have evolved to do this naturally.
'your' brains, supposedly, do 'WHAT', naturally, AND, have, supposedly, evolved to do 'WHAT', EXACTLY?
promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm it takes less precious time and involves less risks. time and security were critically important to human groups, especially back in the days.
Back in 'WHAT' 'days'?
promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm also, becuz of our complexity and range of talent and intelligence, there is far more natural inequality expressed in our species than in any other. we're predisposed to organize hierarchically.
As I WAS SAYING, the MORE 'you' SPEAK and WRITE here the FAR LESS SENSE 'you' ARE MAKING.
promethean75 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:39 pm so, neither are we hive-like nor do we aspire to be so becuz a) one may be better than another, and b) everyone is suspect to being a dumbass by the other guy.
And, AGAIN, even LESS SENSE COMES FORTH here.
Will Bouwman

Post by Will Bouwman »

Fuck a duck! Can't some of you mad sausages just wish someone a merry Christmas?
Bit late, but Merry Christmas Henry, and the rest of you.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Will Bouwman wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:37 am Bit late, but Merry Christmas Henry(.)
πŸ‘

Post by Age »

Will Bouwman wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:37 am Fuck a duck! Can't some of you mad sausages just wish someone a merry Christmas?
OF COURSE ALL of 'you' so-called 'mad sausages' could just wish someone a so-called 'merry christmas'. However, if ANY of 'you' were ASKED, 'What do 'you' ACTUALLY MEAN, or ARE REFERRING TO, EXACTLY, when 'you' SAY or WRITE 'merry christmas'? Then could or would ANY of 'you' ANSWER?

What does 'merry christmas' even MEAN, TO 'you', "will bouwman"?
Will Bouwman wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:37 am Bit late, but Merry Christmas Henry, and the rest of you.
For those who CLAIM that God does NOT exist could SAYING, 'merry christmas', be inferred as a form of CONTRADICTION?