Sex and gender

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Sex and gender

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:45 pm
Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:24 pm
The reasons are obvious. Male bodies and female bodies are different in size and strength, giving men an unfair advantage. It would defeat the object of separating male and female sport in the first place.
toilets and changing rooms?
The fact that women object to it is reason enough.
Then what are you arguing about?
I'm arguing about what the argument should be about, and I think it should just stick to the social implications. I don't think it should be about how "deluded" these people are, or how weird we find them. What they believe themselves to be is their affair, it is only what they do that affects the rest of us, and what they demand of us, that should be our concern. I don't know if any of this applies to anything you have said on the matter; I have only read what IC has said.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:09 am
Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:24 pm
The reasons are obvious. Male bodies and female bodies are different in size and strength, giving men an unfair advantage. It would defeat the object of separating male and female sport in the first place.

The fact that women object to it is reason enough.
I'm arguing about what the argument should be about, and I think it should just stick to the social implications. I don't think it should be about how "deluded" these people are, or how weird we find them. What they believe themselves to be is their affair, it is only what they do that affects the rest of us, and what they demand of us, that should be our concern. I don't know if any of this applies to anything you have said on the matter; I have only read what IC has said.
Then maybe you should try reading what someone else has said. Where has anyone (including IC) said this is about how 'weird' anyone finds them? You are just making that up. And what's wrong with finding people weird anyway, especially when they are weird? It's a natural human survival mechanism-- of which we have precious few.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:24 am

Then maybe you should try reading what someone else has said. Where has anyone (including IC) said this is about how 'weird' anyone find them? You are just making that up. And what's wrong with finding people weird anyway, especially when they are weird? It's a natural human survival mechanism-- of which we have precious few.
I'm not doing any more explaining; that's yer lot.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:47 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:24 am

Then maybe you should try reading what someone else has said. Where has anyone (including IC) said this is about how 'weird' anyone find them? You are just making that up. And what's wrong with finding people weird anyway, especially when they are weird? It's a natural human survival mechanism-- of which we have precious few.
I'm not doing any more explaining; that's yer lot.
You haven't 'explained' anything, hairball. Perhaps you should stick to 'elder dating' sites.
vegetariantaxidermy

Not weird at all:

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:57 am
You haven't 'explained' anything, hairball. Perhaps you should stick to 'elder dating' sites.
Okay. 🙂
vegetariantaxidermy

UK (of course) Green MP 'Melissa' Poulton ↑
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:57 am
Okay. 🙂
Here's a lovely single lady for ya

vegetariantaxidermy

Because being a woman is only a dress and a bad wig away...
vegetariantaxidermy

Oh, hang on. She's a lesbian (not weird at all) so you would be out of luck there :lol:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

From another thread, from not too long ago, on much the same ridiculous subject...

If you self-identify as a penguin, that's your business. Go be the best penguin you can be. Keep in mind, though: no one else has an obligation to agree with your self-identification.

-

Hi, I'm a penguin!

Well you go buddy!

Don't you think I'm a pretty penguin?

Uh, no, I don't.

Why?

Look, you and this penguin stuff, that's your thing, not mine.

You mean you don't think I'm pretty?

I mean you're not a penguin.

But you said I was!

No, I pretty much just gave you a thumbs up on you doin' you...that ain't the same as sayin' I agree with you...cuz I don't.

You're miss-species-ing me! You're a bigot! You're genociding me! You're a Nazi!

Look, guy...

I'm not a guy, I'm a penguin!

...you think you're a penguin and that's fine by me, but that's as far as I'm gonna go with this. I'll never agree that you actually 'are' a penguin. It oughta be enough that I acknowledge you believe you're a penguin...

I don't believe I'm a penguin, I am a penguin!

...and leave you be. That's fair, right?

It's not fair!

Why?

Because you're genociding me!

No, I'm not. I'm leavin' you be to live your life exactly as you like. I simply demand the same from you.

But I can't live my life if you don't acknowledge me as a penguin!

Then you got a problem cuz I ain't doin' that cuz you're not a penguin.

Genocide! Genocide! Genocide!

-

I can tolerate craziness, but I won't submit to it.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:52 am From another thread, from not too long ago, on much the same ridiculous subject...

If you self-identify as a penguin, that's your business. Go be the best penguin you can be. Keep in mind, though: no one else has an obligation to agree with your self-identification.

-

Hi, I'm a penguin!

Well you go buddy!

Don't you think I'm a pretty penguin?

Uh, no, I don't.

Why?

Look, you and this penguin stuff, that's your thing, not mine.

You mean you don't think I'm pretty?

I mean you're not a penguin.

But you said I was!

No, I pretty much just gave you a thumbs up on you doin' you...that ain't the same as sayin' I agree with you...cuz I don't.

You're miss-species-ing me! You're a bigot! You're genociding me! You're a Nazi!

Look, guy...

I'm not a guy, I'm a penguin!

...you think you're a penguin and that's fine by me, but that's as far as I'm gonna go with this. I'll never agree that you actually 'are' a penguin. It oughta be enough that I acknowledge you believe you're a penguin...

I don't believe I'm a penguin, I am a penguin!

...and leave you be. That's fair, right?

It's not fair!

Why?

Because you're genociding me!

No, I'm not. I'm leavin' you be to live your life exactly as you like. I simply demand the same from you.

But I can't live my life if you don't acknowledge me as a penguin!

Then you got a problem cuz I ain't doin' that cuz you're not a penguin.

Genocide! Genocide! Genocide!

-

I can tolerate craziness, but I won't submit to it.
But penguins most likely wouldn't be harmed by this bullshit. Women are.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:57 amBut penguins most likely wouldn't be harmed by this bullshit. Women are.
Yes, they are. The community solution, of course, is the same as it always was. The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and (when all else fails) the ammo box.

The individual solution is as I outline above: I acknowledge you believe you're a woman, a penguin, a houseplant, a light fixture, etc., but you aren't a woman, a penguin, a houseplant, a light fixture, etc. and I won't be bulldogged into acting you as if you are. You're a *guy, a guy with a fetish that's eaten your good sense. I can tolerate you but I'll never cowtow to you.

And, when tolerance is rejected, when push comes to shove: beat tranny ass.

*let's not forget: there are women and girls out there who are just as shithouse rat crazy thinkin' they're guys, or cats, or dragons, or unicorns...there are fewer of them, and they aren't quite as aggressive as the nutjob guys, but they are out there
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:39 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:57 amBut penguins most likely wouldn't be harmed by this bullshit. Women are.
Yes, they are. The community solution, of course, is the same as it always was. The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and (when all else fails) the ammo box.

The individual solution is as I outline above: I acknowledge you believe you're a woman, a penguin, a houseplant, a light fixture, etc., but you aren't a woman, a penguin, a houseplant, a light fixture, etc. and I won't be bulldogged into acting you as if you are. You're a *guy, a guy with a fetish that's eaten your good sense. I can tolerate you but I'll never cowtow to you.

*let's not forget: there are women and girls out there who are just as shithouse rat crazy thinkin' they're guys, or cats, or dragons, or unicorns...there are fewer of them, and they aren't quite as aggressive as the nutjob guys, but they are out there
They aren't dangerous to men, and they aren't 'winning' at men's sports. If men feel threatened by them then they are free to complain about it.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:32 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:39 am

They aren't dangerous to men, and they aren't 'winning' at men's sports. If men feel threatened by them then they are free to complain about it.
They are a danger to everyone's freedom of thought and speech that is the basis for all the other consequences that you are focusing on (women's safe spaces, etc.). Affirming their beliefs is what leads to the things you are focused on. What you are focused on are the symptoms. Quirk is trying to shed a light on the causes of men in women's bathrooms and sports and that is affirming their believes as fact, when they are just beliefs that have no basis in reality (delusions).