Sex and gender

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Sex and gender

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:57 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:18 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:28 am
I'm not interested in arguing on anyone's side. My comments to IC were nothing to do with any of the above. He has been taking it upon himself to revise the dictionary definitions of various selected words recently, and I prefer them the way they were.
You were much cleverer and more likeable with the other avatar. Hmm. That could make an interesting psychological study...
I suppose we all change as we get older; you didn't used to be quite so bad tempered all the time.
I'm pretty sure I'm exactly the same.
nemos

Post by nemos »

We have so many problems not to impose our opinion on others and to accept that everyone can have their own. It is interesting if the much-awaited contact with an alien civilization were to occur, and persons with different anatomy, physiology and habits, including possibly sexual ones, appeared among us, as part of a cultural and business exchange program, how we would react to it, at a time when we were not limited by diplomatic obligations ?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

nemos wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:11 pm We have so many problems not to impose our opinion on others and to accept that everyone can have their own. It is interesting if the much-awaited contact with an alien civilization were to occur, and persons with different anatomy, physiology and habits, including possibly sexual ones, appeared among us, as part of a cultural and business exchange program, how we would react to it, at a time when we were not limited by diplomatic obligations ?
It's no wonder they have no visited. There is probably a no-go notice on planet earth.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:54 am

You were much cleverer and more likeable with the other avatar. Hmm. That could make an interesting psychological study...
I suppose we all change as we get older; you didn't used to be quite so bad tempered all the time.
No, you have definitely upped your game.
nemos

Post by nemos »

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:16 pm

She's obviously getting too much testosterone, and turning into a man!

Post by Age »

1. I AGREE WITH "vegeteriantaxidermy" that 'you' were MUCH so-called 'cleverer' and MORE likable, BACK THEN.
This' IS ONLY A comment, and NOT A criticism, AT ALL. After all 'I' come here, PURPOSELY, to BE NOT LIKED.

2. 'you' can NEVER BE EXACTLY the SAME, as 'you' ONCE WERE.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:07 pm

1. I AGREE WITH "vegeteriantaxidermy" that 'you' were MUCH so-called 'cleverer' and MORE likable, BACK THEN.
This' IS ONLY A comment, and NOT A criticism, AT ALL. After all 'I' come here, PURPOSELY, to BE NOT LIKED.

I used to go out of my way to offend people a lot more, "back then", so although you think I've deteriorated in one respect, perhaps I have progressed in another. It does seem odd, though, that I was more likeable when I was more offensive. 🤔
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:52 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:16 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:48 pm Nothing you've said prior made it clear that gender is a fake concept.
Invented in 1955, by a sadistic and demented sexologist named John Money. He invented it in reference to a man, David Reimer, whom he had "gender reassigned," but who was really always a man, and knew he was, and who committed suicide at 38 as a result of the trauma from Money's manipulations.

Fake. And evil.
Interesting. That's a whole lot of stuff you didn't include in your "whole story" previously.
You hadn't asked. But look it up, and you'll find out I'm telling you the truth.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:52 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:12 am
Harbal wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:12 pm Neither do I mind what gender anyone wants to apply to themselves. If you want to say that only biological women should be allowed to use women only facilities, and participate in women only sport, then I totally agree, but other than things like that, what does it matter?
Women's prisons. Women's rights. Women's privacy. Women's privileges.

But even more importantly, nobody has any legitimate right to dictate to your brain as to what you must believe. Nobody can tell you what pronoun or other language you are permitted to use, in reference to somebody who's a man. You can say whatever you want, and it's none of their business. You don't owe them to go along with, or add any assent of yours to their delusions.
I agree with you, apart from the delusion part.
But by definition, if you or I genuinely believes we're a horse or a cow, then we are suffering a delusion. Why then would we balk at pointing out when, say, the greatest male decathlete suddenly asks us to believe he's the world's newest woman? Isn't it equally obvious that that is either some sort of delusion? What else would you call it?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:54 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:12 am
Women's prisons. Women's rights. Women's privacy. Women's privileges.

But even more importantly, nobody has any legitimate right to dictate to your brain as to what you must believe. Nobody can tell you what pronoun or other language you are permitted to use, in reference to somebody who's a man. You can say whatever you want, and it's none of their business. You don't owe them to go along with, or add any assent of yours to their delusions.
But by definition, if you or I genuinely believes we're a horse or a cow, then we are suffering a delusion. Why then would we balk at pointing out when, say, the greatest male decathlete suddenly asks us to believe he's the world's newest woman? Isn't it equally obvious that that is either some sort of delusion? What else would you call it?
Yes, a man thinking he is a woman would be deluded, but if he has a concept of gender and he feels he conforms to a certain state within that concept, then he is merely categorising himself in the same way that we all categorise ourselves. You are doing the very same thing when you identify yourself as a Christian and think about what that entails. If that can be called delusional, then we all go through life suffering no end of delusions.
Last edited by Harbal on Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:50 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:16 pm

She's obviously getting too much testosterone, and turning into a man!
A nasty, misogynistic insult from another woke hyp;ocrite. You lot have ablsolutely no self-awareness whatsoever. Constantly taking the moral high ground and telling everyone else how they should behave, speak, think. Truly the most disgusting, repellent people on the planet today.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:46 pm

I used to go out of my way to offend people a lot more, "back then", so although you think I've deteriorated in one respect, perhaps I have progressed in another. It does seem odd, though, that I was more likeable when I was more offensive. 🤔
Actually you were just funny before. Now you are not. As you've got woker you've got less likeable and more offensive. Funny that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:11 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:54 pm
Yes, a man thinking he is a woman would be deluded, but if he has a concept of gender and he feels he conforms to a certain state within that concept, then he is merely categorising himself in the same way that we all categorise ourselves. You are doing the very same thing when you identify yourself as a Christian and think about what that entails. If that can be called delusional, then we all go through life suffering no end of delusions.
Saying you are a christian and saying you are a woman when you are a man are rather different. It's not my job to indulge and validate narcissistic male fetishists in their fantasies. People can claim they are cows if they want to. Or sheep. Or pigs. They might change their minds though when they are being trucked off to the abattoir.
One minute you are saying men shouldn't be allowed in women's sports and spaces, the next you are saying that men's delusions (which aren't even genuine delusions) should be indulged and validated out of 'kindness' and to ease their 'suffering'. Make up your fucking mind.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:19 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:46 pm

Actually you were just funny before. Now you are not. As you've got woker you've got less likeable and more offensive. Funny that.
I'm probably less "woke" than you are; I certainly don't get enraged by as many things as you seem to, and I've never been one to have an all or nothing view of things; very few issues have only one clear-cut side to them. Maybe I would be funnier if I put as much effort into it as you put into being grumpy.